Windows 10: Why do I occasionally get pop up message when trying to open AOL that I might not have MS...

Discus and support Why do I occasionally get pop up message when trying to open AOL that I might not have MS... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Why do I occasionally get pop up message when trying to open AOL that I might not have MS permission to access this website...I've been accessing AOL... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Larry CarlsonPC, Nov 26, 2018.

1. Why do I occasionally get pop up message when trying to open AOL that I might not have MS...

Why do I occasionally get pop up message when trying to open AOL that I might not have MS permission to access this website...I've been accessing AOL for 20 years ?

:)

Larry CarlsonPC, Nov 26, 2018

2. Cannot open AOL mail Report id: webprd-a54-20160208-192112

Hi Rogene,

Thank you for posting in Community.

We understand your concern and we will provide the assistance required to help you resolve the issue.

Before we proceed, I would like you to provide the information stated below:

• Are you able to open other email accounts besides AOL?
    • Do you receive the same error when you open the account via Internet Explorer?
    I would suggest that you try opening AOL mail via Internet Explorer and check. In the event that you get the same error, I would suggest that you contact AOL support as they will be able to assist you further.

Hope this information helps.

Vanessa Sohtun, Nov 26, 2018
  3. jekiboi20 Win User
    AOL Email

imichalis wrote:

I can't set up AOL email. I received error code: 8007274C. Can anybody help?

Have you tried setting it up using Other or Advance Setup? Here are the POP settings of AOL:

• AOL Mail POP incoming server address: pop.aol.com
    • AOL Mail POP outgoing server address: smtp.aol.com
    • AOL Mail POP user name: Your AOL Mail screen name (what precedes "@aol.com" in your AOL Mail address; if the address is *** Email address is removed for privacy ***, for instance, the screen name is "me")
    • AOL Mail POP password: Your AOL Mail password
    • AOL Mail POP port (Incoming): 995
    • AOL Mail POP port (Outgoing): 587
    • AOL Mail POP TLS/SSL required (both for incoming and outgoing): yes

On Lumia devices, Advance setup doesn't have fields for Ports and Logon authentication. To enable this you'll need to include it on the incoming and outgoing server. For exam. "user@aol.com:995:1". The number "1" indicates that the TLS/SSL will
    be enabled.

jekiboi20, Nov 26, 2018
  4. Why do I occasionally get pop up message when trying to open AOL that I might not have MS...

is anyone experiencing desktop issues with AOL since downloading windows 10

Hi John,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

Share this information to assist you better.

• Which version or AOL desktop are using?
    • How are you trying to open AOL desktop?
    • What is the complete error message you receive?
    We suggest you to update to the latest version of the AOL desktop and check for the issue.

Your reply is very important to ensure a proper resolution. Please get back to us with the above information to assist you accordingly.

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, Nov 26, 2018
Thema:

Why do I occasionally get pop up message when trying to open AOL that I might not have MS...

1. Why do I occasionally get pop up message when trying to open AOL that I might not have MS... - Similar Threads - Why occasionally pop

2. Why do I get this error message when trying to download Minecraft?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why do I get this error message when trying to download Minecraft?: Why do I get this error message when trying to download Minecraft? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-do-i-get-this-error-message-when-trying-to/2c7aca01-8a80-40f5-a18d-1d35f224423c
  3. Why do I get this error message when trying to download Minecraft?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Why do I get this error message when trying to download Minecraft?: Why do I get this error message when trying to download Minecraft? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-do-i-get-this-error-message-when-trying-to/2c7aca01-8a80-40f5-a18d-1d35f224423c
  4. Why do I get this error message when trying to download Minecraft?

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. How do i fix this pop-up: "Get an app to open this ms-wpc link"?

How do i fix this pop-up: "Get an app to open this ms-wpc link"?: Hello,I'm experiencing a problem right now. When I try to play video games or do anything on my pc a window pops up and says: "Get an app to open this ms-wpc link". Could you please tell me how to fix it?...
  6. Why when I open an app cmd pop up?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why when I open an app cmd pop up?: Recently I downloaded Catia v5. I can use the software but every time I open the app a cmd tab pop up. And if I close the cmd tab the Catia app will also close. Its annoying to just let it open but if I close it I cant use the Catia. Is there any solution to this problem or...
  7. Why when I open an app cmd pop up?

Why when I open an app cmd pop up?: Recently I downloaded Catia v5. I can use the software but every time I open the app a cmd tab pop up. And if I close the cmd tab the Catia app will also close. Its annoying to just let it open but if I close it I cant use the Catia. Is there any solution to this problem or...
  8. Unknown Error Message Pops Up Occasionally

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Unknown Error Message Pops Up Occasionally: Hello. Since I've gotten my new laptop, a random, unknown error message pops up from time to time (about once every 2 days) that looks ominous but seems to have had no real bearing on anything else. The message has a title of "RansomDefender" and the error message is "...
  9. why do I get error messages when I open windows mail?

why do I get error messages when I open windows mail?: I get a message that windows mail is not working, but can delete it and windows mail opens. Moved from: Email / Searching email https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-do-i-get-error-messages-when-i-open-windows/33e67a06-7722-4487-a03f-1e079b1b3626
  10. why when I start up I have to wait for AOL to start twice??

in Windows 10 Customization
    why when I start up I have to wait for AOL to start twice??: Why went I turn on my computer Aol has to start up twice before it comes on https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/why-when-i-start-up-i-have-to-wait-for-aol-to/114218c6-475e-48ec-b18e-a86a244ab87f

Users found this page by searching for:

1. occasionally see network discovery pop up