Windows 10: why do I only have 1 country or region in my settings

Discus and support why do I only have 1 country or region in my settings in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; **** i hate this. seriously. My co,p[uiter is literaklly in Chinese. NO MATTER WHAT I DO IT'S ALWAYS IN CHINESE. WHYYYYYYY. I HATE THIS STUPID LANGUAGE... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by LanceChao, Dec 24, 2020.

1. LanceChao Win User

why do I only have 1 country or region in my settings

**** i hate this. seriously. My co,p[uiter is literaklly in Chinese. NO MATTER WHAT I DO IT'S ALWAYS IN CHINESE. WHYYYYYYY. I HATE THIS STUPID LANGUAGE i can't even do anything. PLEASE FIX THIS. I have so much F-ing trouble doing regular things in windows. I can't even use my one and only desktop

why do I only have 1 country or region in my settings a4f02c73-19ca-4d3d-8221-a4c8e827803e?upload=true.png ****?????

why do I only have 1 country or region in my settings 0678dd08-b5f0-4066-a869-d821c239f574?upload=true.png

:)

LanceChao, Dec 24, 2020

2. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Dec 24, 2020
  3. setting up cortana in your country/region/language

Below is the official advice

Why isn't Cortana in my region or language?

Cortana is available in the following countries/regions: China, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, United Kingdom, and United States. Cortana is available in these languages: Chinese (Simplified), English (U.K.), English (U.S.), French, Italian, German, and
    Spanish
    • To use Cortana, all these settings must be set to the same language:
      • Languages (this is your device language)
      • Speech language (language pack must be installed)
      • Country or region
    • Note: If you change your region, you might not be able to shop at Store, or use things you've purchased, like memberships and subscriptions, games, movies, TV, and music.

it is incorrect, you also need to change your "Windows Display Language" found in Control Panel>Clock, Language, Region>Language> then select your language and choose "Make this the primary Language" it will prompt you to log off and log back on, then as
    long as the Windows display language matches your Language Speech language and Country / Region in the modern "settings>Time & Language" Cortana will work

LilyMitchell, Dec 24, 2020
  4. why do I only have 1 country or region in my settings

Country and Region

Hi all,

I'm working on a special project in Windows 10 v1803. The windows "Settings is actually hidden from regular users. But, the regular users needs to get access to the "Region or Country" only to switch language from English to French or English to French.
    Also we disable the powershell.

Is their a command line that could be use to launch the "Regions or country"

Could this be setup in a Batch file?

$1 = New-WinUserLanguageList fr-ca

Set-WinUserLanguageList $1

Mario

mario savard, Dec 24, 2020
Thema:

why do I only have 1 country or region in my settings

1. why do I only have 1 country or region in my settings - Similar Threads - why country region

2. In the language & region settings, why do we have "English Madagascar"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    In the language & region settings, why do we have "English Madagascar": In the language & region settings, an option for "English Madagascar" is available.This surprises me because the only 2 official languages in Madagascar are Malagasy and French, and English is not widely spoken.Why does this setting exists?...
  3. Stuck in "is this the right country or region?"

Stuck in "is this the right country or region?": I just resetted my pc and it froze while i was trying to scroll down to my region. I can click on volume and accessibility options in the corner but the country selection has no reaction at all...
  4. Why do I only have 1 USB Root Hub on my pc?

Why do I only have 1 USB Root Hub on my pc?: Why do I only have 1 USB Root Hub on my Pc? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-do-i-only-have-1-usb-root-hub-on-my-pc/53e1d955-f494-4c13-8088-05abd285bfc5
  5. Why do I only have 1 USB Root Hub on my pc?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Why do I only have 1 USB Root Hub on my pc?: Why do I only have 1 USB Root Hub on my Pc? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-do-i-only-have-1-usb-root-hub-on-my-pc/53e1d955-f494-4c13-8088-05abd285bfc5
  6. i can't change country or region on my account.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i can't change country or region on my account.: for some reason my account in time language says i am from ecuador even i am from egypt , i tried to change that but i can't i can't buy anything in microsoft store because of region stuffi read about 3 month cooldown , but i didn't change that for while .is there anyhow i...
  7. i can't change country or region on my account.

i can't change country or region on my account.: for some reason my account in time language says i am from ecuador even i am from egypt , i tried to change that but i can't i can't buy anything in microsoft store because of region stuffi read about 3 month cooldown , but i didn't change that for while .is there anyhow i...
  8. Country/Region

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Country/Region: I want to buy minecraft windows 10 but I cannot change my country/region to Canada when as it is greyed out and locked as Us. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/countryregion/87298b0f-e9fb-44b3-83b1-80d535f47e02
  9. Country/Region

Country/Region: I want to buy minecraft windows 10 but I cannot change my country/region to Canada when as it is greyed out and locked as Us. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/countryregion/87298b0f-e9fb-44b3-83b1-80d535f47e02
  10. Country and Region

in Windows 10 Customization
    Country and Region: Hi all, I'm working on a special project in Windows 10 v1803. The windows "Settings is actually hidden from regular users. But, the regular users needs to get access to the "Region or Country" only to switch language from English to French or English to French. Also we...