Windows 10: Why do i see a different ip address on my recent activity and attempts to sign in from...

Discus and support Why do i see a different ip address on my recent activity and attempts to sign in from... in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I recently checked my account recent activities and i noticed that from time to time, even when i haven't turn on my pc or logged in to my account at... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by RoyRodriguezIII, May 14, 2019.

1. Why do i see a different ip address on my recent activity and attempts to sign in from...

I recently checked my account recent activities and i noticed that from time to time, even when i haven't turn on my pc or logged in to my account at all there's these failed sign-in attempts (have been successful sign-ins since i changed my password two days ago) But the thing is, apparently it comes from my same location and it says same IP address but different browser which is Internet Explorer and i never use that one, i've always used Mozilla Firefox. Why is that happening? Is there a chance it can be someone else? A Microsoft error? My own laptop doing that? I'm a little bit concerned. Also, the IP address i notice even when i'm the one that sign ins and then i go check on my recent login activity, it shows a different IP address than my actual PC has. Why is that happening? PS, English is my second language, sorry if i made any mistakes when writing this.

:)

RoyRodriguezIII, May 14, 2019

2. In the Recent Activity page in my Microsoft Account, the IP address on my activity is different then my IP address on my computer. Is this normal?

In the Recent Activity page in my Microsoft Account, the IP address on my activity is different then my IP address for my computer.

Is this normal?

tommyjoesasha, May 14, 2019
  3. IP addresses

Another question,,,. When I check my Recent activity,,i know what my IP address is but there are other IP addresses signed in either successfully or unsuccessfully(most unsuccessful)on my Pc?????. Why is this???. Does this mean someone has actually got into
    my computer. Sometimes its the same one but different ones appear?????

Help please. Does this just mean in my location not on my PC????. Or is it a security issue???

Thanks

RoseRoseRoseZE, May 14, 2019
  4. Why do i see a different ip address on my recent activity and attempts to sign in from...

IP Address

Hi Will,

You might need your computer's IP address if you want to set up an Internet connection, allow other people to connect to your PC, or need to troubleshoot network problems. Kindly follow these steps to find the IP address of your computer:

• Select the Start button , start typing View network connections, and then select it in the list.
    • Select an active network connection, and then, in the toolbar, select
      View status of this connection
      . (You might need to select the chevron icon to find this command.)
    • Select Details. (Your PC's IP address appears in the
      Value
      column, next to IPv4 Address).
    Let us know whenever you need further assistance.

Nathaniel Mon, May 14, 2019
Thema:

Why do i see a different ip address on my recent activity and attempts to sign in from...

1. Why do i see a different ip address on my recent activity and attempts to sign in from... - Similar Threads - Why different address

2. how do i change my IP address

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do i change my IP address: i was recently scammed & the scammers got my IP address. I would like to change it somehow. My money market account has been wiped outSherry *** Email address is removed for privacy ***...
  3. Is there a way to see an IP address of a requested single use sign on code? Or is it...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is there a way to see an IP address of a requested single use sign on code? Or is it...: Details: I keep getting requests for a single use code, I would like to find out the area of which it’s coming from. Is there any possible way to see an IP address or see where it’s coming from? Thank you....
  4. Is there a way to see an IP address of a requested single use sign on code? Or is it...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there a way to see an IP address of a requested single use sign on code? Or is it...: Details: I keep getting requests for a single use code, I would like to find out the area of which it’s coming from. Is there any possible way to see an IP address or see where it’s coming from? Thank you....
  5. How do I configure my ip address

How do I configure my ip address: Error message Ethernet does not have a valid up address https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-configure-my-ip-address/32003db5-2056-4101-b586-2108a649a7d9
  6. Two different IP addresses....

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Two different IP addresses....: Is it possible to have two different IP addresses?I logged into my Security account, I checked Verify Activity and I see now a different IP address.Is it possible someone hack my account?Thanks,...
  7. Two different IP addresses....

Two different IP addresses....: Is it possible to have two different IP addresses?I logged into my Security account, I checked Verify Activity and I see now a different IP address.Is it possible someone hack my account?Thanks,...
  8. Two different IP addresses....

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  9. Microsoft Ip address in different country

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Microsoft Ip address in different country: Hi,When i go to command prompt and put netstat -ano to see established Foreign IP addresses, I noticed apart from Microsoft Canada and US ip addresses, there was Microsoft India’s Ip address 104.211.96.15 and Microsoft Korea’s IP address 20.190.4.251it is very concerning...
  10. In the Recent Activity page in my Microsoft Account, the IP address on my activity is...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    In the Recent Activity page in my Microsoft Account, the IP address on my activity is...: In the Recent Activity page in my Microsoft Account, the IP address on my activity is different then my IP address for my computer. Is this normal?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. microsoft recent activity ip address different