Windows 10: Why do I see 'Test Mode Windows 10 Pro Build 10586' on my desktop?

Discus and support Why do I see 'Test Mode Windows 10 Pro Build 10586' on my desktop? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Sorry about the basic question but I thought build 10586 was a public release, so why do I see this message on my desktop? 29992 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by imacken, Nov 14, 2015.

1. imacken Win User

Why do I see 'Test Mode Windows 10 Pro Build 10586' on my desktop?

Sorry about the basic question but I thought build 10586 was a public release, so why do I see this message on my desktop?

:)

imacken, Nov 14, 2015
  2. Tailwind Win User

Upgrade to Win10 did not remove Desktop Message

At some point when I still had Win7 installed and after I had done a Win7 update; a message appeared in the lower right corner of my desktop that said:

Test Mode

Windows 10 Pro

Build 10586

I've just upgraded this machine to Win10 and the message is still there.

Why?

What is wrong?

What must I do to remove that message?

Howard H.

Tailwind, Nov 14, 2015
  3. ronh999 Win User
    Windows 10 Pro - No Windows Spotlight option in Lock Screen

I've build 10586, and I'm able to select Windows Spotlight. But when I lock my SP3, I only see the default picture: The plane with the red wings, looking down on a tropical Island.

And no option to refresh it.

I have another Windows 10 Enterprise workstation (on Hyper-V), and there I've the option "Don't like what you see", to force a refresh. This option is not available on my Surface Pro 3, Windows 10 Pro, build 10586.

Why Microsoft? Why? It's a Microsoft device, for heaven's sake!

ronh999, Nov 14, 2015
  4. lx07 Win User

Is it activated? Type Activation in search and press enter...

You should see something like this...

Why do I see 'Test Mode Windows 10 Pro Build 10586' on my desktop? [​IMG]

If it is you may have test mode turned on (normally to let unsigned drivers run). You can turn it off with this command from elevated command prompt Code: bcdedit /set TESTSIGNING OFF[/quote] See The TESTSIGNING Boot Configuration Option - Windows 10 hardware dev

5. imacken Win User
    Thanks a lot. Yes, it was activated, but the bcdedit command did the trick. Must have been a trackpad utility I tried to install earlier.

imacken, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Why do I see 'Test Mode Windows 10 Pro Build 10586' on my desktop? - Similar Threads - Why 'Test Mode

2. I dont see a test folder on my desktop, where is it?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I dont see a test folder on my desktop, where is it?: I tried opening my test folder using forge but it wasnt there https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-dont-see-a-test-folder-on-my-desktop-where-is-it/b74d55cf-3a23-4807-9803-beeb79bad513
  3. I dont see a test folder on my desktop, where is it?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I dont see a test folder on my desktop, where is it?: I tried opening my test folder using forge but it wasnt there https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-dont-see-a-test-folder-on-my-desktop-where-is-it/b74d55cf-3a23-4807-9803-beeb79bad513
  4. Display brightness option isn't showing in windows 10 pro version build 10586. How do I...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Display brightness option isn't showing in windows 10 pro version build 10586. How do I...: Hello,I am Vatshal Gautam.In my laptop, The changing display brightness option isn't coming in windows 10 pro version build 10586.I checked in action center and in display settingsalso but I can;t found. How to find and adjust it?...
  5. Surface pro test mode

in Windows 10 Customization
    Surface pro test mode: Good day, how do I get my surface pro in "test mode"? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/surface-pro-test-mode/aff3b110-c5b3-44f6-b8dc-0806e201e65e
  6. Windows 10 Pro Activation and Test Mode Watermark.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Pro Activation and Test Mode Watermark.: A users machine has been upgraded from windows 10 to Pro. The process went smoothly according to my IT colleague and bitlocker has been turned on, however the user is getting the message that Windows needs activating and as of today TEST MODE has appeared as a watermark. We...
  7. Windows 10 Pro Test Mode watermark

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Pro Test Mode watermark: I have a user who is experiencing the "Test Mode" watermark. I've tried a few fixes, such as bcdedit -set TESTSIGNING OFF , as well as running sigverif. When I ran sigverif, I was told that all drivers are digitally signed. After restart, the bcdedit fix will keep the...
  8. Update to Build 10586

Update to Build 10586: I currently have Windows 10 (Build 10240). For some reason when I attempt to update my system it says that no updates are available. Does anyone know why I can't update to Build 10586? The latest Windows Defender updates install, but not the latest build. 43204
  9. Build 10586

Build 10586: Hi, Problem updating To Build 10586 from 10576. I am on an x64 platform. After downloading and preparing to install, it then goes "Configuring Update for Windows 10 xx% compete. Do not turn Off Your Computer" When 100% is reached it then Restarts. Upon restart it does not...
  10. Test Mode Windows 10 Home Build 10240 - why is it on my desktop?

in Windows 10 Support
    Test Mode Windows 10 Home Build 10240 - why is it on my desktop?: I was running Windows 8.1 on my Boot camped Macbook Pro. I submitted a request to reserve and be notified an upgrade to Windows 10. I never received a notification. As fate would have it, when I checked Windows update, lo and behold, an "Important Update" was there that was...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. test mode windows 10 pro build 10586