Windows 10: Why Do I Sometimes Have To Double Click To Open Things?

Discus and support Why Do I Sometimes Have To Double Click To Open Things? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; This Problem Started Yesterday I Dont Know If It's My Computer Or My Mouse, I Belive this is because of a software i downloaded 2 days ago called X... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by TheXxSortxX, Apr 18, 2021.

1. Why Do I Sometimes Have To Double Click To Open Things?

This Problem Started Yesterday I Dont Know If It's My Computer Or My Mouse,

I Belive this is because of a software i downloaded 2 days ago called X mouse button control it did nothing i reset all my "mouse" settings then deleted it and after that the next day the problem started happening i restarted my pc, took the batteries out and added new ones, and put a thorough clean of the mouse it still works but it still does it for opening microsoft edge to closing minecraft.

sometimes i have to double click sometimes i dont it's kind of bugging me since i cant buy a new mouse and i'll have to be stuck with this for a few years

i cant record properly, cant play normally, cant open important documents normally it is probably my pc if so can you please help with this because i dont know what else to do, thanks for reading my concerns miscrosoft team - Ray

:)

TheXxSortxX, Apr 18, 2021

2. Making the mouse double click when I single click,

Hi Miro,

There are a couple of things we can do to solve your concern. We suggest to follow the steps below:

• Type Specify single- or double-click to open in the search box, then press
      Enter.
    • Look for Click item as follows, then select the radio button that says
      Single-click to open an item (point to select).
    • Click Apply, then OK.

Why Do I Sometimes Have To Double Click To Open Things? [​IMG]

Let us know if you have other questions.

Martin Bar, Apr 18, 2021
  3. KomouPoji Win User
    Whenever I open a folder, it opens in new window (Windows 10)

Hi Pratyaksh,

To assist you further, let me ask.

• What changes have you make in the folder options?

• Is the error specific to a folder?
    I would suggest you to follow the steps and check if it help.

• Open file explorer, click on view and select options.

• Double-click on options, in the general tab click on Open each folder in the same Window.

• Click apply and ok.
    I hope the information is helpful and if you need any other assistance on Windows, we’ll be glad to assists you.

Thank you.

KomouPoji, Apr 18, 2021
  4. Brink Win User

Why Do I Sometimes Have To Double Click To Open Things?

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. Why Do I Sometimes Have To Double Click To Open Things? :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Apr 18, 2021
Thema:

Why Do I Sometimes Have To Double Click To Open Things?

1. Why Do I Sometimes Have To Double Click To Open Things? - Similar Threads - Why Sometimes Double

2. Using double-click to open files

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Using double-click to open files: Recently, I can no longer use double-click to open files either from desktop icons or within sub-files. I have to left click to select, then right-click, then move cursor to "open, then left-click open. This is a great degradation in performance. Will this be reversed or...
  3. Double click on the folder is not opening it

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Double click on the folder is not opening it: Folder on this location is not opening on double-click: C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows Defender\Scans What to do? Goran https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/double-click-on-the-folder-is-not-opening-it/aa21da0d-6dd6-4fa8-8573-baa846f4454a
  4. Why Is my mouse not double clicking

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Why Is my mouse not double clicking: When i try to double click it doesn't do it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-is-my-mouse-not-double-clicking/3c505138-9f3c-4e91-ad1e-db6a09c5e1ca
  5. apps won't open by double clicking

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    apps won't open by double clicking: Apps on my desktop won't open when I double click on them. This is happening on both of my desktops. I'm wondering if it has something to do with a recent upgrade from windows....
  6. Have to double-click everything revisited

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Have to double-click everything revisited: I've had Windows 10 for quite a while. Turns out it was the 32-bit version. Loved having to only single-click to open folders. Recently "upgraded" to the 64-bit version. Lost single-clicking ability. There was a thread a few years ago about this phenomenon, but it seemed...
  7. Why do i have to pay double taxes ???

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why do i have to pay double taxes ???: this is an obvious rip off , why should i pay double taxes for any product on microsoft store ?? i know there is a regional taxes ... but at least let the microsoft balance be free of charges a friend bought me a gift card worth 70 cad and i was trying to buy the item below...
  8. Why do I keep having to restart Windows Explorer in order to be able to click on things?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Why do I keep having to restart Windows Explorer in order to be able to click on things?: I have this problem on multiple computers with very different specs. I'll be able to open the Start menu, but can't click on any applications. In fact, all Windows OS stuff is not responsive. But I'll be able to use all my open apps just fine. I can get it to work again by...
  9. Do you have to double click to get Cortana to open?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Do you have to double click to get Cortana to open?: I don't know if it's just me but I wanted to at least try Cortana so I moved my mouse down to the Cortana icon (as I shrunk it down to an icon as the search box takes up too much space) and now when I try to click on it, nothing happens on the first click, but if I...
  10. [SOLVED] Folders not opening with double click

in Windows 10 Support
    [SOLVED] Folders not opening with double click: Recently, an issue arised in which I can't open file folders with double click. The spinning wheel cursor shows up for a split second but nothing happens. I have to open context menu and choose Open to access the folder. I noticed I can't open folders within Chrome download...