Windows 10: Why do images off google save in a .jfif format? How to i change it back to .JPG?

Discus and support Why do images off google save in a .jfif format? How to i change it back to .JPG? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I really dont know what i did but one day i went to save an image off google and it google only saves in .jfif now. Same thing happens on edge.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/70147, Mar 27, 2020.

1. /u/70147 Win User

Why do images off google save in a .jfif format? How to i change it back to .JPG?

I really dont know what i did but one day i went to save an image off google and it google only saves in .jfif now. Same thing happens on edge.

submitted by /u/70147
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/70147, Mar 27, 2020
  2. maxwelwp Win User

.jpg vs .jfif extension

In the last few months, every windows update changes the registry setting for saving jpeg images from .jpg to .jfif. Why is this continually changing even after I change the registry setting back to .jpg?

As a side note, the image I am saving is NOT a .jfif file and I do not have the option to save as a .jpg from the file save window. Only after changing the registry setting back to .jpg am I able to save with a .jpg extension.

maxwelwp, Mar 27, 2020
  3. Photos downloading in jfif format

Photos that I'm downloading from the internet are in jfif format. A program that I am using does not recognize the extension. There are too many photos to waste time converting each and everyone of them. How do I turn this feature off?

Dermusensohn, Mar 27, 2020
  4. DonCitron Win User

Why do images off google save in a .jfif format? How to i change it back to .JPG?

Image Format Situation

I don't know if I should attribute this to the computer or the browser or just the company, but some images save as webp, jfif, or jpeg and so on despite the fact that they're clearly another format. Some help would be appreciated, but this may just be
    me being paranoid.

DonCitron, Mar 27, 2020
Thema:

1. Why do images off google save in a .jfif format? How to i change it back to .JPG? - Similar Threads - Why images off

2. Why are images saved as jpegs now end up being in a jfif format?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Why are images saved as jpegs now end up being in a jfif format?: Images I download and save as a jpeg now end up being in a jfif format. This started a week ago and in order to change them to jpeg I have to use MS Paint to open and convert them. Very annoying.I would appreciate assistance with this please. Thank you....
  3. Why are images saved as jpegs now end up being in a jfif format?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why are images saved as jpegs now end up being in a jfif format?: Images I download and save as a jpeg now end up being in a jfif format. This started a week ago and in order to change them to jpeg I have to use MS Paint to open and convert them. Very annoying.I would appreciate assistance with this please. Thank you....
  4. Why are images saved as jpegs now end up being in a jfif format?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. images are jfifs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    images are jfifs: helloall my images are jfifs and all images i download are saved as jfifsive read that the solution has something to do with messing registry keys, which apparently is a sensitive thing to do and might mess up my computer, and so that's something im reeeally not looking...
  6. images are jfifs

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    images are jfifs: helloall my images are jfifs and all images i download are saved as jfifsive read that the solution has something to do with messing registry keys, which apparently is a sensitive thing to do and might mess up my computer, and so that's something im reeeally not looking...
  7. images are jfifs

8. How do I change it back to google?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I change it back to google?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Rainy-Cat [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/m6hi91/how_do_i_change_it_back_to_google/
  9. Windows 10 saving .jpeg image as a '.jfif'

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 saving .jpeg image as a '.jfif': I found guides to fix online and here (https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/af0azy/windows_10_had_been_saving_nearly_every_image_as/ except I have no HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\MIME\ directory in registry. Please help. I use a bit of old software and worried it not accepting...
  10. .jpg vs .jfif extension

.jpg vs .jfif extension: In the last few months, every windows update changes the registry setting for saving jpeg images from .jpg to .jfif. Why is this continually changing even after I change the registry setting back to .jpg? As a side note, the image I am saving is NOT a .jfif file and I do...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. why does windows import a jpeg to jfif