Windows 10: Why do many of my emails have a list of numbers on the left side and sometimes in the...

Discus and support Why do many of my emails have a list of numbers on the left side and sometimes in the... in Cortana to solve the problem; ny of my emails have a list of numbers pn the left side of email and when I click on the numbers they do not respond, and some will have a number in... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by JohnAlegi, Nov 19, 2020.

1. JohnAlegi Win User

Why do many of my emails have a list of numbers on the left side and sometimes in the...

ny of my emails have a list of numbers pn the left side of email and when I click on the numbers they do not respond, and some will

have a number in the middle of a sentence

Thankyou

John *** Email address is removed for privacy ***

:)

JohnAlegi, Nov 19, 2020
  2. newtekie1 Win User

Unauthorized Emails from my account?

It is more than likely that your email account was hacked, either by a virus sniffing your password, or just simply hacked.

Either way, change your password on your email account. Unfortunately the damage by already be done. They already have your contact list and your email address associated with that contact list. There is nothing stopping them from sending out emails using their own SMTP servers to everyone on your contact list and claiming the emails are from your email address. They don't actually have to have access to your yahoo account or even any yahoo server to send emails to people that come from your address.

newtekie1, Nov 19, 2020
  3. Email

Hello,

Thank you for reaching us on the forum with your concern.

As per the issue description you have two email id's and you want to change your secondary email to primary on your pc.

I would suggest you to switch the login account to Local user account. Then switch back to Microsoft account which you want to use. You may follow the steps provided below:

Step 1: Switch to local user account

Follow these steps to create a “Local User account”.

• Press “Windows key +W”.
    • Type “users” without quotes in the search box.
    • Then select “Users” from the left panel.
    • You will get an option “Switch to a Local account” right below your user account name.
    • Select “Switch to a local account” option.
    • Enter the required details.
    • Then login to the local account and check how it works.

Step 2: Switch back to Microsoft account

Follow these steps to create a “Microsoft account”.

• Press “Windows key +W”.
    • Type “users” without quotes in the search box.
    • Then select “Users” from the left panel.
    • Select “Switch to Microsoft account” right below your user account name.
    • Enter the required details (Primary Email ID).
    • Restart the computer and then try to login using new Primary account.

Hope this would help. If issue still persists post back with current status of your computer and result of proposed suggestion, we will be happy to assist you.

Regards,

Ramesh.Kumar, Nov 19, 2020
  4. Why do many of my emails have a list of numbers on the left side and sometimes in the...

Favorites Listing with Number of Items

I am familiar with the settings menu. I am clearing some of the data like browsing history, cookies, etc.. That suggestion does not address my concern which is: On my drop down list of Favorite sites, under each Favorite listed, there is an item number
    listed. For instance, I have a favorite site called MEDICAL. Right under that heading, there is "10 items" shown referring to the number of sites under the heading MEDICAL.
    I want to remove the line showing the number of items from each heading in my Favorites listing. The number of items line just started appearing. It does not show up on the Favorites list on my
    other two computers where I also use the Microsoft Edge browser and Windows 10.

Flivvertoo, Nov 19, 2020
Thema:

Why do many of my emails have a list of numbers on the left side and sometimes in the...

1. Why do many of my emails have a list of numbers on the left side and sometimes in the... - Similar Threads - Why many emails

2. My pointer sometimes floats, flies, skips left and right, and hides on the side of screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My pointer sometimes floats, flies, skips left and right, and hides on the side of screen: Sometimes when I try to drag the pointer out hiding on the side of the screen, it comes for 1/4th of inch and it pops back in. Sometimes I wait for 30 minutes to drag it out, it allows to to slelect and clicks pops right back to the sides of the screen. On a luck day, the...
  3. My pointer sometimes floats, flies, skips left and right, and hides on the side of screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My pointer sometimes floats, flies, skips left and right, and hides on the side of screen: Sometimes when I try to drag the pointer out hiding on the side of the screen, it comes for 1/4th of inch and it pops back in. Sometimes I wait for 30 minutes to drag it out, it allows to to slelect and clicks pops right back to the sides of the screen. On a luck day, the...
  4. Having problems with my mouse, sometimes left clicks right and right clicks left, sometimes...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Having problems with my mouse, sometimes left clicks right and right clicks left, sometimes...: Every time I click with my mouse, it either acts normally or does the exact opposite click. I've changed mouses 3 times so I know that that isn't the problem. It only happens once in every 5 clicks or so, it's getting really annoying....
  5. Apps on start menu right side not appearing on left side alpha list.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Apps on start menu right side not appearing on left side alpha list.: How do I get them on the alpha list? submitted by /u/richfield1945 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jvf33o/apps_on_start_menu_right_side_not_appearing_on/
  6. Why does "Show windows side by side" sometimes display windows in a grid, and NOT side by...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Why does "Show windows side by side" sometimes display windows in a grid, and NOT side by...: When I have a few windows open and I right click the task bar and select "Show windows side by side" like this: [ATTACH] The screenshot below is not the result I expect, but it's what often happens: [ATTACH] It doesn't happen all of the time. Sometimes the windows...
  7. My Headphone only have left side have sound in win10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My Headphone only have left side have sound in win10: My old headphone is usb type.Than i a buy a new one is 3.5mm audio + mic combined jack. than my headphone is only left side have sound.But if I connect my old headphone ,the sound is go out in two side....
  8. How do I get all of my hard drives listed on the left side as well as the right side of...

How do I get all of my hard drives listed on the left side as well as the right side of...: How do I get all of my hard drives listed on the left[ATTACH] side as well as the right side of Windows Explorer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-get-all-of-my-hard-drives-listed-on-the/b3ac26a5-648d-4ddd-83dd-c93137f3c916
  9. Customize the left side of the Start menu - Pin to Start List?

Customize the left side of the Start menu - Pin to Start List?: hello. I wanted to add some programs to the top of the left side of the start menu (free space on the screenshoot). I have read about the "Pin to Start List" if you rightclick while holding shift. But this seems not to be working anymore!?!?! Is there another possibility...
  10. How Many Email Accounts Do You Have?

in Browsers and Email
    How Many Email Accounts Do You Have?: I just thought that since we were talking about which email format we use, how about "How many email" accounts do we have? I have 6 local email accounts through my ISP. I then have 5 more through Gmail, Outlook, Live and Hotmail. If I include my work that is another 2....