Windows 10: Why do Microsoft inadvertently brick PCs?

Discus and support Why do Microsoft inadvertently brick PCs? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; 'Recently' the update 1903 came out to the OS and its apparently great. Issue is, people that were unlucky to be greeted by the error that it failed to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by supersonichg2, Dec 7, 2019.

1. Why do Microsoft inadvertently brick PCs?

'Recently' the update 1903 came out to the OS and its apparently great. Issue is, people that were unlucky to be greeted by the error that it failed to download, are unable to use any Microsoft apps. When I was unable to install the update, I couldnt use the Xbox (app) to download any games or apps.

I cannot express how frustrated I am. As i wanted to be able to download games and apps to my PC but because i haven't updated the pc, I was unable to use it properly.

Heres the thing, I had access to the internet so I did what I thought was right. PSA: Do not use other websites as I did. There was one website i used that stated to turn off the Microsoft setting and switch them back on after. It may fix the issue, but it didn't and it made it worse.

In the end I got the stop error for the config. And cannot do anything about it. I cant reset the computer as it just aborts at 62%, cant use cmd, cant use system recovery and now i cant use a system image recovery. I cannot use safe mode because they all end with blue screens.

There needs to be a patch like an actual functioning patch, cause its it

itw rediculous.

:)

supersonichg2, Dec 7, 2019

2. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Dec 7, 2019
  3. PC Build Steps

Ok just because I like steps i am going to create some steps. Please give me the stamp of approval/disapproval
    • Install system in case
      • Remember to connect SSD and optical to same SATA ports on motherboard
    • Turn on PC
    • setup HDD
    • run blend test in prime95 for 30-60 min
      • run realtemp at the same time
    • While in Prime95 test
      • if CPU goes above 70c in RealTemp, I have a leaky CPU
      • if my system locks up or blue screens, there is an instability in the system somewhere
      • if my system does not lock up or blue screen, my CPU is not damaged and I am in the clear!
    What do you guys think??

anandsap123, Dec 7, 2019
  4. JanWilcox Win User

Why do Microsoft inadvertently brick PCs?

How do I DISassociate a file type in Windows 10?

I inadvertently associated a .lst file to open using my Adobe reader. I have followed all the steps you suggested and deleted everything listed. It still shows that Adobe is the default app to use with the file. Any other suggestions?

JanWilcox, Dec 7, 2019
Thema:

Why do Microsoft inadvertently brick PCs?

1. Why do Microsoft inadvertently brick PCs? - Similar Threads - Why Microsoft inadvertently

2. how do i unlock inadvertantly locked files? Microsoft 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do i unlock inadvertantly locked files? Microsoft 11: My files were inadvertently locked. Now it is asking for a password/passcode to access those files. I did nothing to mark them as secure files. how do I unlock these files?...
  3. how do i unlock inadvertantly locked files? Microsoft 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how do i unlock inadvertantly locked files? Microsoft 11: My files were inadvertently locked. Now it is asking for a password/passcode to access those files. I did nothing to mark them as secure files. how do I unlock these files?...
  4. why will the microsoft weather app not reinstall on this pcs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why will the microsoft weather app not reinstall on this pcs: i uninstalled the microsoft weather app because it was not showing forcast and i can not seem to get it download itt spins and does not complete...
  5. why will the microsoft weather app not reinstall on this pcs

why will the microsoft weather app not reinstall on this pcs: i uninstalled the microsoft weather app because it was not showing forcast and i can not seem to get it download itt spins and does not complete...
  6. Newest Windows 10 Update "Bricking" PCs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Newest Windows 10 Update "Bricking" PCs: Is anyone else having this issue? I haven't turned off my PC in days because I can't tell it to not update. Everyone who is doing the newest set of updates is unable to get past the windows logo during the boot process and it has me extremely worried. Is there an ETA for a...
  7. Newest Windows 10 Update "Bricking" PCs

Newest Windows 10 Update "Bricking" PCs: Is anyone else having this issue? I haven't turned off my PC in days because I can't tell it to not update. Everyone who is doing the newest set of updates is unable to get past the windows logo during the boot process and it has me extremely worried. Is there an ETA for a...
  8. Newest Windows 10 Update "Bricking" PCs

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  9. Microsoft Store is bricked. Is there anything I can do?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Microsoft Store is bricked. Is there anything I can do?: My Windows Store is completely bricked. I couldn't download anything from the store, so after a lot of different solutions, a Microsoft official post suggested wsreset.exe. After that, my Store will "blink" after double-clicking it. It pops up and then immediately closes out....
  10. Microsoft confirms Windows 10 April 2018 Update could brick some PCs

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft confirms Windows 10 April 2018 Update could brick some PCs: Available since April 30 as a manual download, the highly-anticipated Windows 10 April 2018 Update is far from being a flawless feature update on some systems. The report indicates that Windows 10 version 1803 is causing a number of issues on some hardware configuration, with...