Windows 10: Why do Microsoft reps keep putting me on hold and then hanging up on me?

Discus and support Why do Microsoft reps keep putting me on hold and then hanging up on me? in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; I've never encountered such horrible customer service, and no way to hold them accountable. They hang up on you the moment you ask for a supervisor.... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by NuggyAmounts, Oct 16, 2019.

1. Why do Microsoft reps keep putting me on hold and then hanging up on me?

I've never encountered such horrible customer service, and no way to hold them accountable.

They hang up on you the moment you ask for a supervisor. It's the perfect scam for these guys when they can't understand the language or the issue at hand. They just hang up knowing that Microsoft will do nothing to hold them accountable.

I'm majorly peeved about this, to the point that I don't even care about the issue I'm having with my PC. I want to throw it in the garbage.

:)

NuggyAmounts, Oct 16, 2019
  2. Mussels Win User

Microsoft Tech Net Subscribers Club

james... we uhh, DO have microsoft reps hanging around the forum....

Mussels, Oct 16, 2019
  3. SC_49 Win User
    Microsoft rep didn't help, windows 10 internet worse than ever...

Months ago, I tried to update to windows 10. It did not work, so I left my computer as it was.

I thought that perhaps the glitches were fixed so I tried again. My computer successfully updated to

Windows 10. Only problem is that I can barely access any website(including Microsoft)...get the message..

"hmm can't reach that page". I contacted Microsoft Chat...the first rep said they would help, but I was dropped, so I tried again. The second rep on Chat tried to help, too, even remotely connecting, but the expertise simply wasn't there. I almost feel
    as if there is a book or manual they are using that tells them what steps to take, and just like if it were me, if the steps don't work, they don't know what to try next. When the rep ran into a wall, it was me who suggested perhaps the anti-virus programs
    loaded were a problem. I truly don't think the well meaning Microsoft Chat employee knew what to do.

Long story short, my computer's internet is virtually non-working. I have tried fixes listed on the Microsoft website. I have looked at countless YouTube offerings, trying to fix it. I updated the driver...then I thought I'd go to Intel and see if I needed
    a different driver, but of course, the internet connection was so bad I couldn't complete.

I'm at my wit's end. I think I have to go back to an earlier version of Windows, but I don't even know if that can be done. This is so frustrating, I can't even compute....literally! Any suggestions for a very basic computer user? Not all of us are computer
    geniuses. However, it doesn't take a genius to think I made a huge mistake in updating to Windows 10....I should have gone with the saying..."If it ain't broke, don't fix it." I just want to be able to use my internet again! Thanks!

SC_49, Oct 16, 2019
  4. Why do Microsoft reps keep putting me on hold and then hanging up on me?

Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Oct 16, 2019
Thema:

Why do Microsoft reps keep putting me on hold and then hanging up on me?

1. Why do Microsoft reps keep putting me on hold and then hanging up on me? - Similar Threads - Why Microsoft reps

2. Why Microsoft charged me?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why Microsoft charged me?: Microsoft debited 430 zlotys from my card, although I have a free student account and although I study at the university, and why did Microsoft debit my money from my account? I want my money back. Here's my student account *** Email address is removed for privacy ***...
  3. Why Microsoft charged me?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why Microsoft charged me?: Microsoft debited 430 zlotys from my card, although I have a free student account and although I study at the university, and why did Microsoft debit my money from my account? I want my money back. Here's my student account *** Email address is removed for privacy ***...
  4. Why do you want me to leave Microsoft?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why do you want me to leave Microsoft?: For close to 30 years I have been right clicking to copy or paste, or using CTRL C/CTRL P. Why would someone think it was a good idea to change that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-do-you-want-me-to-leave-microsoft/0175cc6f-ba6f-4b63-a607-c3a685a6a711
  5. Why do you want me to leave Microsoft?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why do you want me to leave Microsoft?: For close to 30 years I have been right clicking to copy or paste, or using CTRL C/CTRL P. Why would someone think it was a good idea to change that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-do-you-want-me-to-leave-microsoft/0175cc6f-ba6f-4b63-a607-c3a685a6a711
  6. why do people give canned answers then leave me hanging.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    why do people give canned answers then leave me hanging.: help help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-do-people-give-canned-answers-then-leave-me/d8d86e5f-ea63-4af4-931b-5986009eade8
  7. anybody knows why my pc is holding tab without me holding tab?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    anybody knows why my pc is holding tab without me holding tab?: anybody knows why my pc is holding tab without me holding tab? its getting annoying and there aint no virus on my PC or any hardware malfunction. submitted by /u/Retr0Breezy [link] [comments]...
  8. Support hanging up on me

in Windows 10 Customization
    Support hanging up on me: I went through the help button on my computer to talk to someone about my personalization issue with windows. I was told I would receive a callback within 90 minutes, which I did. That person tried to transfer me to Office tech support and I had to tell her it's not an...
  9. Windows keeps deactivating, Microsoft reps just do a slui 4 activation then tell me my...

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows keeps deactivating, Microsoft reps just do a slui 4 activation then tell me my...: So I had a windows 7 cd key did the normal upgrade to 10 during the rollout. I had 10 working fine this way for a long time with no deactivation problems. Recently I did a system restore and since then I've had a really irritating issue. My computer has been deactivating once...
  10. this is what the MS tech rep told me... true or not?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    this is what the MS tech rep told me... true or not?: [img] context: I have a Dell with OEM W7 which I have upgraded to W10 with digital entitlement. Mobo is getting glitchy so I want to build a new one while keeping the existing HD. I have heard everywhere that the OS is tied to Mobo and the OEM win license is tied to this...