Windows 10: Why do my apps appear as if they were being updated even though the update process has...

Discus and support Why do my apps appear as if they were being updated even though the update process has... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/frandjak [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/j24pvk/why_do_my_apps_appear_as_if_they_were_being/ Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/frandjak, Sep 29, 2020.

1. Why do my apps appear as if they were being updated even though the update process has...

/u/frandjak, Sep 29, 2020

2. Should I update bios?

I would read the warranty before doing anything. If the manufacturer finds out you did something not on their approved list of steps,for example using a program they didn't list, or a bios, etc, they can treat your video card rma like you threw it against the wall , because if something goes wrong and you didn't follow their steps exactly ,it was damaged through human error and they're not likely going to be obligated to cover it warranty wise. I don't know for sure, I just advocate that you check first , and I also advocate that you verify that it's an actual update ,because very rarely do manufacturers release updates for gpu bios'. And they most certainly wont cover a GPU "update" if its a bios file written by some dude in the Ukraine, it has to be a set process, they have predetermined often.

jboydgolfer, Sep 29, 2020
  3. Profile Update 10.9a with 10/13/10 date

Source

Edit:
    There is also suppose to be new leaked 10.10 drivers. But I'm not sure if they will work with existing cards. It appears this drivers is specific for the 6800 series.

EastCoasthandle, Sep 29, 2020
  4. 3Colors Win User

Why do my apps appear as if they were being updated even though the update process has...

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Why do my apps appear as if they were being updated even though the update process has... :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Sep 29, 2020
Thema:

Why do my apps appear as if they were being updated even though the update process has...

1. Why do my apps appear as if they were being updated even though the update process has... - Similar Threads - Why apps appear

2. Why is my RAM usage maxed out even though no processes are currently running?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why is my RAM usage maxed out even though no processes are currently running?: Also please guide me how to insert a picture, I'm trying to but it says "failed to upload" https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-is-my-ram-usage-maxed-out-even-though-no/80d5a663-2719-497e-b721-f65901dae0cc
  3. Why did Windows restart for an update even though updates were paused?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why did Windows restart for an update even though updates were paused?: Was not during active hours. Is this because it glitched and it had to restart, and it decides it might as well update then, or is it not supposed to do restart-required updates at all....
  4. Why did Windows restart for an update even though updates were paused?

Why did Windows restart for an update even though updates were paused?: Was not during active hours. Is this because it glitched and it had to restart, and it decides it might as well update then, or is it not supposed to do restart-required updates at all....
  5. How to do driver updates?? even though the definition updates are downloading

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to do driver updates?? even though the definition updates are downloading: Hello! How do I update my drivers?? Cause for some reason They wont update meanwhile the definition updates are going on?? How do I fix this? Could it be the razer mouse that is causing my laptop to act weirdly??...
  6. How to do driver updates?? even though the definition updates are downloading

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to do driver updates?? even though the definition updates are downloading: Hello! How do I update my drivers?? Cause for some reason They wont update meanwhile the definition updates are going on?? How do I fix this? Could it be the razer mouse that is causing my laptop to act weirdly??...
  7. How to do driver updates?? even though the definition updates are downloading

8. Updates being applied even though they are being paused for 7 days through Windows Update

Updates being applied even though they are being paused for 7 days through Windows Update: Hello. I'm facing an issue where cumulative & security updates are being applied to my system when I restart Windows, even though I've paused them for a week through the Windows Update setting.Background: I've heard some weird stories about cumulative updates screwing things...
  9. Windows Update Installed An Update Even Though My Processor Isn't Listed As Being Supported

Windows Update Installed An Update Even Though My Processor Isn't Listed As Being Supported: Despite my laptop's processor IntelR CoreTM i7-4710HQ not being mentioned on https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4497165/kb4497165-intel-microcode-updates, Windows Update installed the update mentioned on the page. Checking for updates after uninstalling the update only...
  10. System icons do not appear in tray even though they are enabled.

in Windows 10 Customization
    System icons do not appear in tray even though they are enabled.: System icons do not appear in tray even though they are enabled. Does anyone know how to fix this?[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/system-icons-do-not-appear-in-tray-even-though/8f46500d-cd2d-42c6-a424-d7d7bf24ee5d