Windows 10: Why do my apps flicker? I have chrome snapped on the left and word on the left? Is it a...

Discus and support Why do my apps flicker? I have chrome snapped on the left and word on the left? Is it a... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/imtoobigformyage [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/imtoobigformyage, Apr 24, 2020.

1. Why do my apps flicker? I have chrome snapped on the left and word on the left? Is it a...

/u/imtoobigformyage, Apr 24, 2020
  2. NinjaXue Win User

Snap Feature Sometimes Freezes When Snapping To Left-Hand Side

Not a particularly pressing issue, but I noticed a curious quirk with my Windows Snap Feature. About a third of the time when I snap a Windows Explorer window (i.e. Documents or similar folders) to the left-hand side of the screen, it will become very thin
    (approximately the size of the Navigation Pane) and flicker rapidly until I try to click on it, after which it freezes. From here, I am still able to click X to close the window (though it does not give off the typical "highlight" to show that my cursor is
    hovering over it), which will close all other open Windows Explorer windows and make the Start Menu disappear for a few seconds before reappearing.

This will occur whether I Snap via click-and-drag or Windows key + left arrow, again only when attempting to snap to the left-hand side, occurring about a third of the time. For some reason, snapping to the right side is completely impervious to this error.
    This issue does not occur when I snap Chrome windows, which I do very often, and I have not snapped other types of windows enough times to draw a conclusion on those. From a little experimentation, I have also concluded that waiting until all thumbnails have
    completely loaded before attempting to snap makes no difference. I also have Snap Assist turned off, so once I snap a window it will not automatically show me other windows which are available to snap.

Again, this isn't really a pressing matter; easily avoidable by just snapping my Explorer windows on the right. I'm just curious as to why this would be happening, and if there is anything I can do to fix it. Thank you.

NinjaXue, Apr 24, 2020
  3. sbetty Win User
    W10 screen snap like W8

I've worked it out. I snap my TV app to the right then resize it to 25%, then Snap Chrome to the left and resize it. Then when I go into something else such as Word, Excel, Outlook etc I snap them to the left and then I can flick between them and the TV app stays on top. Not as good as W8 but with a few more clicks I get there.

sbetty, Apr 24, 2020
  4. Why do my apps flicker? I have chrome snapped on the left and word on the left? Is it a...

Why do app windows not snap fully to the left/right side of desktop?

This does not occur when using start + arrow keys to snap app windows.

I have a few apps arranged on my desktop just by manually moving them where I want. Skype for example, if you move torward the edge of the screen it will "snap" however on the left or right there is a noticable border (maybe 5 px?). Same thing happens with firefox. If I try to position it to a left/right edge, it moves away by about 5 px. Anyone else seeing this too?

wonderstruck80, Apr 24, 2020
Thema:

Why do my apps flicker? I have chrome snapped on the left and word on the left? Is it a...

1. Why do my apps flicker? I have chrome snapped on the left and word on the left? Is it a... - Similar Threads - Why apps flicker

2. Windows keep snapping to the left after I click only "left arrow"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows keep snapping to the left after I click only "left arrow": My windows keep snapping to the left if I click "left arrow", what I know is it should be "windows key + left arrow". It really bugs me because I can't really work even the easiest ms. word job, or maybe rewind my streaming. When I have 2 different opened windows tab and I...
  3. Windows keep snapping to the left after I click only "left arrow"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows keep snapping to the left after I click only "left arrow": My windows keep snapping to the left if I click "left arrow", what I know is it should be "windows key + left arrow". It really bugs me because I can't really work even the easiest ms. word job, or maybe rewind my streaming. When I have 2 different opened windows tab and I...
  4. How do I get my list of Apps back on the left?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I get my list of Apps back on the left?: Previously I had commented that my Desktop was messed up. Since then I was able to get the Desktop back, as you can see my my attachment, but the Apps should be to the left when I click on wthe Windows Icon. They should be in a list not spread as you see by the 2nd...
  5. Why are my tabs screwed to the left.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why are my tabs screwed to the left.: I just got to my Architecture course at college opened up my computer. It was fully off so I turned it on. When I turned it on everything was fine and then I opened my Microsoft edge tab and my tabs opened. However, when they opened they were not fit to the screen of the...
  6. Why are my tabs screwed to the left.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why are my tabs screwed to the left.: I just got to my Architecture course at college opened up my computer. It was fully off so I turned it on. When I turned it on everything was fine and then I opened my Microsoft edge tab and my tabs opened. However, when they opened they were not fit to the screen of the...
  7. Why do I have so little storage left?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Why do I have so little storage left?: I have a 950 gb laptop, I got it a few weeks ago maybe. I installed some games I used to play on a previous computer and I haven't been doing too much besides gaming but yet it says I have used almost 800 gb? I look in storage settings and I can't find anything taking up that...
  8. Mouse frozen& flickering top left (unless chrome is open then double)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Mouse frozen& flickering top left (unless chrome is open then double): I have been googling everything possible about this issue and have tried everything I've come across for the past 5+hours without success and I am so frustrated. My mouse isn't the problem I've tried it on my laptop and it works perfectly. I tried a different mouse on my PC...
  9. How much gold do I have left?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How much gold do I have left?: how much gold do i have left? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-much-gold-do-i-have-left/9c39d078-fffc-4879-a159-183cceb1d074
  10. Why do app windows not snap fully to the left/right side of desktop?

in Windows 10 Support
    Why do app windows not snap fully to the left/right side of desktop?: This does not occur when using start + arrow keys to snap app windows. I have a few apps arranged on my desktop just by manually moving them where I want. Skype for example, if you move torward the edge of the screen it will "snap" however on the left or right there is a...