Windows 10: Why do my bluetooth headphone show up as a other device when they should be an audio device?

Discus and support Why do my bluetooth headphone show up as a other device when they should be an audio device? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hey,I'm trying to connect my Sony WH-XB900Ns and the device pops up in my settings as an other device instead of an audio device so I cant pick it as... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by MGambarin, Aug 26, 2021.

1. MGambarin Win User

Why do my bluetooth headphone show up as a other device when they should be an audio device?

Hey,I'm trying to connect my Sony WH-XB900Ns and the device pops up in my settings as an other device instead of an audio device so I cant pick it as my audio device, is there a way to change the to a audio device?Thanks,Matthew

:)

MGambarin, Aug 26, 2021

2. bluetooth device

Please try these steps:

Go to Settings > Devices > Bluetooth & other devices. Find your device in the list under Mouse, keyboard, & pen. Scroll further down if there is a section labeled "Audio" as Bluetooth Headphones are an audio device. You will see the battery level indicator
    next to the device name.

Applies to V1809 or later.

Kapil Arya MVP, Aug 26, 2021
  3. Bluetooth device connected but not recognised as audio device W10

I recently purchased some bluetooth headphones (GLITOBT18). I managed to connect them to my laptop running windows 10.

Why do my bluetooth headphone show up as a other device when they should be an audio device? [​IMG]

However, i cant find the device in the playback settings and i therefore cant play audio through the headphones.

Why do my bluetooth headphone show up as a other device when they should be an audio device? [​IMG]

I think this may have something to do with the fact that windows is recognising it as a bluetooth headset rather than a speaker? Any help would be massively appreciated!

JackDunne01, Aug 26, 2021
  4. Why do my bluetooth headphone show up as a other device when they should be an audio device?

Bluetooth headphone doesn't appear in devices list

Hi,

My Bluetooth headphones was working without any issues on my windows 10 laptop. Suddenly it would not connect so I removed it from devices to put again but it would not appear in the list !!

It is working perfectly with my iPhone so I know the issue is not in the headphones, and my pc shows other Bluetooth devices in the area so I know that the hardware is working.

I tried the following troubleshoot steps:

1- run the Bluetooth troubleshooter

2-disable Bluetooth device ( from device manager ) and enable again

3-remove Bluetooth driver and restart

4-update all the showing drivers under bluetooth

After all that it still doesn't show in the list

mina sami rouchdi, Aug 26, 2021
Thema:

Why do my bluetooth headphone show up as a other device when they should be an audio device?

1. Why do my bluetooth headphone show up as a other device when they should be an audio device? - Similar Threads - Why bluetooth headphone

2. Bluetooth audio device not showing up as an audio device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth audio device not showing up as an audio device: Hi.I'm using Windows 11. So, I just tried pairing my Airpods Pro 1st gen and they connect but they don't show up as an audio device neither as an output or input and it doesn't show "Connected audio" like it did before. Tried with a JBL Go 2, same issue. Bluetooth adapter is...
  3. Bluetooth audio device not showing up as an audio device

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bluetooth audio device not showing up as an audio device: Hi.I'm using Windows 11. So, I just tried pairing my Airpods Pro 1st gen and they connect but they don't show up as an audio device neither as an output or input and it doesn't show "Connected audio" like it did before. Tried with a JBL Go 2, same issue. Bluetooth adapter is...
  4. why do my headphones connect as "other devices"???

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why do my headphones connect as "other devices"???: no matter what i do, they keep showing as other devices! can someone please help me??? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-do-my-headphones-connect-as-other-devices/44417ad4-61ef-4837-9102-1bd2d3a6888e
  5. why do my headphones connect as "other devices"???

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    why do my headphones connect as "other devices"???: no matter what i do, they keep showing as other devices! can someone please help me??? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-do-my-headphones-connect-as-other-devices/44417ad4-61ef-4837-9102-1bd2d3a6888e
  6. why do my headphones connect as "other devices"???

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Bluetooth Headphones Connect but do not show as Audio Device

Bluetooth Headphones Connect but do not show as Audio Device: Firstly, thank you in advance for your concern and your willingness to help out. Last week, I shut down my computer after a zoom call where I was using my Sony Bluetooth headphones. When I restarted, the Headphones connect to bluetooth but dont show as audio devices. Laptop:...
  8. Bluetooth headphones don't show up as audio device?

Bluetooth headphones don't show up as audio device?: I'm using a pair of Bose headphones. The bluetooth connected, I think, so it shows up as paired but in the "other devices" section, and I can't figure out how to route audio output to it....
  9. Bluetooth Headset showing up as Other Devices and not in Audio

Bluetooth Headset showing up as Other Devices and not in Audio: Hi there! So i have recently connected my Sony WH-XB900N Headset to my laptop and it connected as a headphone, meaning that the mic that I was still using was my laptop mic. I was tinkering around with the settings by updating drivers and deleting the headset and trying...
  10. Bluetooth headphones connected as other devices not audio.

Bluetooth headphones connected as other devices not audio.: When I try and connect my Bluedio headphones to my Windows 10 pc through a generic USB bluetooth connector everything goes as planned and the headphones connect and pair initially as an audio device and then jumps to "other device"...of course I am getting no sound. Device...