Windows 10: Why do my browsers crash when Saving Picture As?

Discus and support Why do my browsers crash when Saving Picture As? in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Hi There Every time I try to save a picture from my internet browsers, it crashes when the windows explorer dialog box opens? This has been going on... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Onijoe, Nov 12, 2017.

1. Onijoe Win User

Why do my browsers crash when Saving Picture As?

Hi There

Every time I try to save a picture from my internet browsers, it crashes when the windows explorer dialog box opens? This has been going on for a month or so, another colleague at work has the same issue on her windows 10 laptop. (We are not on a IT group though as we maintain our own computers, we share some software which could be relevant)

When I run my PC in safe mode with networking, the problem goes away with all browsers.

Some notes on what I've tried in normal mode:
    - Running the latest Windows 10.
    - Various browsers (Chrome, Firefox, IE), only Edge doesn't crash.
    - Tried updating all software I could think of.
    - Disabled most third party apps on startup, no change.
    - Searched High and Low on the web with no real solutions.

Hope you guys can help me out, thanks!

:)

Onijoe, Nov 12, 2017

2. image not downloading

hello,i am faizan from india usng lumia 625 i am facing problem in my phone recently opera mini is able to save picture,video and other files while uc browser crashes every time what to do

faizanhashmi, Nov 12, 2017
  3. Save a file

I have recently run in to a problem. When I attempt to save an image to my pictures folder, I am told that I do not have permission to save to that location and that I should contact the administrator (I am the only profile on this computer) and then asked
    if I would like to save to my pictures folder instead.

I'm already trying to save to that location!! And why wouldn't I be the administrator?

JulietDillon, Nov 12, 2017
  4. Why do my browsers crash when Saving Picture As?

Caledon Ken, Nov 12, 2017
  5. Onijoe Win User
    Hi Ken, thank you for your response.

I completed the clean boot and the problem still persists... Does this mean its not software conflict?

Thanks again

Onijoe, Nov 13, 2017
  6. It would indicate it is not a third party software conflict.

What is Reliability History reporting for these events? Type reliability history into cortana and the app should appear top of list.

Ken

Caledon Ken, Nov 13, 2017
  7. Onijoe Win User
    Hi Ken

Please see the technical details for Chrome and IE below, the check for solution doesn't return anything.

Thanks again for your help.

DescriptionFaulting Application Path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exeProblem signatureProblem Event Name: BEX64Application Name: chrome.exeApplication Version: 62.0.3202.94Application Timestamp: 5a052393Fault Module Name: ntdll.dllFault Module Version: 10.0.15063.608Fault Module Timestamp: 8274fd8bException Offset: 000000000009626fException Code: c0000409Exception Data: 000000000000000aOS Version: 10.0.15063.2.0.0.768.100Locale ID: 7177Additional Information 1: e12aAdditional Information 2: e12a24d80e45a825e15a06eb165cff61Additional Information 3: ef8bAdditional Information 4: ef8b63ab79d33b95a34279853c64ffb8Extra information about the problemBucket ID: 9345d69c73ec7cc40deaf152d5e820b6 (2155800709728575670)

DescriptionFaulting Application Path: C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exeProblem signatureProblem Event Name: BEX64Application Name: iexplore.exeApplication Version: 11.0.15063.608Application Timestamp: 4c2a450aFault Module Name: ntdll.dllFault Module Version: 10.0.15063.608Fault Module Timestamp: 8274fd8bException Offset: 000000000009626fException Code: c0000409Exception Data: 000000000000000aOS Version: 10.0.15063.2.0.0.768.100Locale ID: 7177Additional Information 1: 5893Additional Information 2: 5893cff52f2108ba3232b52db33ba9b1Additional Information 3: 77b1Additional Information 4: 77b126f9515d7fe0321e9b02996af891Extra information about the problemBucket ID: c925077483d939bc9716210de849cd3b (116443434530)

Onijoe, Nov 14, 2017
  8. Why do my browsers crash when Saving Picture As?

Both failures point to ntdll.dll

Have you run sfc /scannow from command prompt(admin) or powershell(admin)?

If not please do so. You may have to run more than once to clear error(s).

Caledon Ken, Nov 15, 2017
  9. Onijoe Win User
    Hi Ken

Thanks, I ran /scannow twice through command prompt and once through powershell, finding no errors.

Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations.

Do you think I should run them a few more times?

Onijoe, Nov 15, 2017
  10. No.

Not sure what version you are on, 1607, 1703 or 1709. I would suggest an inplace repair / upgrade. This will take you to V1709. Be advised.

I always recommend you have your data backed up off machine, an Image made with a tool like Macrium Reflect and bootable media for your existing version of Windows. The can be created by type Recovery Drive in Cortana and invoking the app.

Backup and Restore with Macrium Reflect

In place repair / upgrade.

Repair Install Windows 10 with an In-place Upgrade

Ken

Caledon Ken, Nov 15, 2017
  11. Onijoe Win User
    Thanks Ken

I'm on version 1703, Will try the inplace repair this weekend and get back to you.

Onijoe, Nov 16, 2017
  12. Please read and heed warnings in tutorial. There is nothing drastic there just some skip.

Good luck.

Caledon Ken, Nov 16, 2017
  13. Onijoe Win User

Hi Ken

So completed the inplace repair/upgrade with no luck... Windows is now on v.1709 problem still happening on the browsers.

It seems this might be my life now lol

What do you think, any other suggestions?

Thanks again for your time.

Onijoe, Nov 16, 2017
  14. Onijoe Win User
    Just another update, decided to try Opera browser, doesn't seem to be affected.

Now only Chrome, Firefox and IE affected. Might be time to switch over.

Onijoe, Nov 16, 2017
  15. You could but that is not the answer.

Run malwarebytes from malwarebytes.com.

Would be interested if it finds any pests.

You may or may not wish do do this. Sign out of Chrome if you are signed in. Reset the browser, read what it does in warning. Try to save.

Ken

Caledon Ken, Nov 17, 2017
Thema:

1. Why do my browsers crash when Saving Picture As? - Similar Threads - Why browsers crash

2. Why do all of my browsers keep crashing?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why do all of my browsers keep crashing?: I’m having issues where Chrome, Waterfox and Opera GX are all crashing and I can’t find a way to fix it. I have exhausted every fix I know of and could find online including:Turning the PC off and on;Closing the browser and restarting them;Uninstalling and reinstalling...
  3. Why do all of my browsers keep crashing?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why do all of my browsers keep crashing?: I’m having issues where Chrome, Waterfox and Opera GX are all crashing and I can’t find a way to fix it. I have exhausted every fix I know of and could find online including:Turning the PC off and on;Closing the browser and restarting them;Uninstalling and reinstalling...
  4. Why do all of my browsers keep crashing?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Browsers crash when opened

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Browsers crash when opened: I have been having an issue with browsers on my laptop crashing and then reopening immediately with a few seconds of delay. It started with Firefox, but then I discovered that it happens with Chrome and Edge as well. It does not happen with Brave and IE however. I have tried...
  6. When I attempt to save a image save a image as in a browser, it crashes sometimes.

When I attempt to save a image save a image as in a browser, it crashes sometimes.: When I attempt to save an image save an image as in a browser, it crashes sometimes. The app icons below in my toolbar go invisible minus a few and the browser doesn't allow for saving the image or any image still for a while until the file explorer randomly pops up later and...
  7. saved pictures on my pc

saved pictures on my pc: I used to be able to see the pictures I had saved but now it just shows a file so I don't know wot is behind the file unless I open all files separate. is there any way to display the pic again instead of the file?...
  8. Browsers crash when downloading/saving

Browsers crash when downloading/saving: Both Firefox and Chrome crash whenever I try to download or save a file. No error dialogs, they just stop and close when the "save" window opens. Today Internet Explorer did the same thing. The only browser that seems to be working properly is Edge. I'm running Windows...
  9. My pictures do not show anymore, why?

My pictures do not show anymore, why?: Hi, My pictures do not show any more automatically, why is this?, regards Roeashm https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-pictures-do-not-show-anymore-why/abf9b87c-bad1-4616-9ccf-97c3728f3856
  10. Why Folder Thumbnails NOT Update When I Saved New Pictures ?

in Windows 10 Support
    Why Folder Thumbnails NOT Update When I Saved New Pictures ?: it Always Still Old Thumbnails When I Saved New Images. How to Refresh That ? 71146