Windows 10: Why do my browsers crash when Saving Picture As?

Discus and support Why do my browsers crash when Saving Picture As? in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I'm inclined to believe that this is directly related to your browsers. Whether they be hijacked or some add on causing this. I would uninstall chrome... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Onijoe, Nov 12, 2017.

1. Plankton Win User

Why do my browsers crash when Saving Picture As?

I'm inclined to believe that this is directly related to your browsers. Whether they be hijacked or some add on causing this. I would uninstall chrome and firefox then reset IE to default settings. Then reinstall Chrome and firefox and see if that clears it up.

Use Revo Uninstaller and go advanced, this will remove every little tid bit of each.

Plankton, Nov 17, 2017

2. Agree. That is why I suggested Malwarebytes and a Chrome reset after signing out. The reset disables all extensions.

Caledon Ken, Nov 17, 2017
  3. Onijoe Win User
    Thanks Guys

Ok so no luck yet...

Ran malwarebytes, 0 threats. Signed out and reset chrome, problem persisted.

Used Revo Uninstaller on chrome and firefox (+advanced), also reset IE. After re-installation problem still persists.

Onijoe, Nov 17, 2017
  4. Why do my browsers crash when Saving Picture As?

Okay lets review. Problems happens with existing Chrome and IE.

If you boot to Safe Mode the problem goes away. (I would think that this says Windows is okay.)

You install a new browser and it works okay.

If you clean boot the problem persists. (This has me puzzled, should this not be close to safe boot except for drivers.)

I would suggest two thing, retry clean boot and review tutorial closely.

The other suggestion, create a new user and test.

Caledon Ken, Nov 17, 2017
  5. Onijoe Win User
    Hi Ken

Sure, I agree clean boot should be close, definitely confusing...

However no luck again, followed the clean boot closely, twice, with problem persisting.

Created a new user, went straight to the browsers, problem still there.

Are there any system process turned off during safe mode with networking? That we could turn off in clean boot?

Onijoe, Nov 19, 2017
  6. That specific I can't answer. I know the system in safe mode uses basic drivers, in particularly video drivers.

If you are game... I would suggest removing the video drivers using DDU at Majorgeeks.

http://www.majorgeeks.com/files/deta...installer.html

Then re-install driver using latest version from supplier. I assuming you are using Nvidia.

For sure have a data backup, bootable media for this version of Windows created with the Recovery Drive function of Windows. If you are 1709, can't remember exactly what you are using, then the repair upgrade USB thumb drive will suffice.

Ken

Caledon Ken, Nov 19, 2017
  7. Onijoe Win User
    Thanks Ken

No luck still, tried the DDU uninstaller by uninstalling from safe mode, problem still there *Sad

The key must somehow be the difference between safe mode and clean boot...

Onijoe, Nov 20, 2017
  8. Why do my browsers crash when Saving Picture As?

Agree.

You could audit between the two, task manager is going to show you what is running but a lot of work. Depending on number of apps it might be easier to clean install. A clean install won't identify problem, just wipes the slate clean.

You said another browser works so you do have a work around.

Caledon Ken, Nov 20, 2017
  9. Onijoe Win User
    Thanks Ken, much appreciated.

Think I'll use the workaround for now, will do a clean install during the holidays.

Onijoe, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Why do my browsers crash when Saving Picture As?

1. Why do my browsers crash when Saving Picture As? - Similar Threads - Why browsers crash

2. Why do all of my browsers keep crashing?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why do all of my browsers keep crashing?: I’m having issues where Chrome, Waterfox and Opera GX are all crashing and I can’t find a way to fix it. I have exhausted every fix I know of and could find online including:Turning the PC off and on;Closing the browser and restarting them;Uninstalling and reinstalling...
  3. Why do all of my browsers keep crashing?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why do all of my browsers keep crashing?: I’m having issues where Chrome, Waterfox and Opera GX are all crashing and I can’t find a way to fix it. I have exhausted every fix I know of and could find online including:Turning the PC off and on;Closing the browser and restarting them;Uninstalling and reinstalling...
  4. Why do all of my browsers keep crashing?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Browsers crash when opened

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Browsers crash when opened: I have been having an issue with browsers on my laptop crashing and then reopening immediately with a few seconds of delay. It started with Firefox, but then I discovered that it happens with Chrome and Edge as well. It does not happen with Brave and IE however. I have tried...
  6. When I attempt to save a image save a image as in a browser, it crashes sometimes.

When I attempt to save a image save a image as in a browser, it crashes sometimes.: When I attempt to save an image save an image as in a browser, it crashes sometimes. The app icons below in my toolbar go invisible minus a few and the browser doesn't allow for saving the image or any image still for a while until the file explorer randomly pops up later and...
  7. saved pictures on my pc

saved pictures on my pc: I used to be able to see the pictures I had saved but now it just shows a file so I don't know wot is behind the file unless I open all files separate. is there any way to display the pic again instead of the file?...
  8. Browsers crash when downloading/saving

Browsers crash when downloading/saving: Both Firefox and Chrome crash whenever I try to download or save a file. No error dialogs, they just stop and close when the "save" window opens. Today Internet Explorer did the same thing. The only browser that seems to be working properly is Edge. I'm running Windows...
  9. My pictures do not show anymore, why?

My pictures do not show anymore, why?: Hi, My pictures do not show any more automatically, why is this?, regards Roeashm https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-pictures-do-not-show-anymore-why/abf9b87c-bad1-4616-9ccf-97c3728f3856
  10. Why Folder Thumbnails NOT Update When I Saved New Pictures ?

in Windows 10 Support
    Why Folder Thumbnails NOT Update When I Saved New Pictures ?: it Always Still Old Thumbnails When I Saved New Images. How to Refresh That ? 71146