Windows 10: why do my custom mouse cursors/pointers keep resetting?

Discus and support why do my custom mouse cursors/pointers keep resetting? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have custom mouse cursors set that match the theme of my PC (black and red), but every time I turn my computer on they reset back to the default... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Aedyn, Nov 30, 2018.

1. Aedyn Win User

why do my custom mouse cursors/pointers keep resetting?

I have custom mouse cursors set that match the theme of my PC (black and red), but every time I turn my computer on they reset back to the default cursors, and when I go into the mouse settings to change them back, it says that I still have them set to my custom profile. is there a way to fix this so I don't need to go into settings every time I load up?

:)

Aedyn, Nov 30, 2018

2. Mouse Pointer

Hi,

You can customize your mouse in a variety of ways in Windows. To change how your mouse pointer looks, you can follow the steps below:

• Right-click on the Start menu, then click Control Panel.
    • Select Mouse, then go to the Pointers tab.
    • Select the pointer you prefer from the drop-down list, click
      Apply > OK.

If you want to use a pointer that is not on the list, you can download it online. After that, go to Control Panel > Mouse > Pointers tab again, then click
    Browse.

Update us if it addressed your issue.

Angela Pun, Nov 30, 2018
  3. Hopachi Win User
    Mouse Pointers

Hi there,

Are you talking about a windows theme or a cursor theme/scheme?

Keep in mind that custom cursors need to be saved in a scheme.
    Have you saved the cursor 'scheme' before saving a theme?

A theme uses one or more wallpapers, sounds, icons, colors and a cursor scheme.
    Though I might not be entirely correct: separate cursors can be added in a theme; but creating a scheme first is always better.

I recommend you check second post here:
    Custom Cursors - Windows 10 Forums

And take a look at the tutorial:
    Mouse Pointers - Change in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

Cheers!

Hopachi, Nov 30, 2018
  4. why do my custom mouse cursors/pointers keep resetting?

no mouse pointer on my desktop

Hi Jack,

One of the factors why you're mouse pointer has disappeared is due to corrupted system files. To assist you better, kindly answer the questions below:

• Are you pertaining to the cursor not being visible?
    • How were you able to go to the Device Manager?
    • Have you tried to customize pointer in Mouse settings?

Regile Reb, Nov 30, 2018
Thema:

why do my custom mouse cursors/pointers keep resetting?

1. why do my custom mouse cursors/pointers keep resetting? - Similar Threads - why custom mouse

2. Windows 10 mouse/pointer/cursor keeps randomly clicking

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 mouse/pointer/cursor keeps randomly clicking: Hi, I'm using a Windows 10 laptop and my cursor started randomly left-clicking and right-clicking out of nowhere.The effect is that when I'm moving my mouse around, it randomly holds down the left-click key for example and everything on the application I'm using gets selected...
  3. Windows 10 mouse/pointer/cursor keeps randomly clicking

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 mouse/pointer/cursor keeps randomly clicking: Hi, I'm using a Windows 10 laptop and my cursor started randomly left-clicking and right-clicking out of nowhere.The effect is that when I'm moving my mouse around, it randomly holds down the left-click key for example and everything on the application I'm using gets selected...
  4. I made a a custom cursor/mouse pointer, but it keeps turning into a small white dot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I made a a custom cursor/mouse pointer, but it keeps turning into a small white dot: I made a small cursor icon to replace the default one and have it saved as a preset that I normally use. But when restarting my computer, it often turns into a white dot, which is not part of the scheme I have saved. I have to go into the cursor settings and select "okay" for...
  5. I made a a custom cursor/mouse pointer, but it keeps turning into a small white dot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I made a a custom cursor/mouse pointer, but it keeps turning into a small white dot: I made a small cursor icon to replace the default one and have it saved as a preset that I normally use. But when restarting my computer, it often turns into a white dot, which is not part of the scheme I have saved. I have to go into the cursor settings and select "okay" for...
  6. I made a a custom cursor/mouse pointer, but it keeps turning into a small white dot

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Custom Mouse Pointer in RemoteApp Program

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Custom Mouse Pointer in RemoteApp Program: Hi,We have a user that uses SAP which is hosted from a remote server. She can't see her mouse pointer so we created a GPO which included a startup script that ran at logon. This would change her pointer to a large black cursor locally and whenever she opened an application...
  8. How do I keep my custom cursors ?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I keep my custom cursors ?: I love my custom cursors, I moved them into the windows/cursors folder but everytime i restart my pc it reverts back and I have to enable it again. am i able to delete all the original cursors? I only want my custom. submitted by /u/edgyhxll [link] [comments]...
  9. Mouse Pointer and Pen Cursor

in Windows 10 Customization
    Mouse Pointer and Pen Cursor: Hi How to get mouse pointer or pen cursor appear in my screenshots and video recordings on my Surface Pro 4, please? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mouse-pointer-and-pen-cursor/722f4637-5bbf-47f5-bf45-332ae69ecdfd
  10. My mouse pointer keeps freezing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My mouse pointer keeps freezing: So for about 8-9 months now, my mouse has kept stopping randomly on my screen, It's very annoying. I have tried everything I could find on the internet to fix the issue. I've changed the settings, uninstalled and reinstalled my mouse, I even reset my computer 3-4 times...