Windows 10: Why do my gameplay videos lose all audio after I trim them with the Windows photos app?

Discus and support Why do my gameplay videos lose all audio after I trim them with the Windows photos app? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; As said in the title, I lose all audio from my video clips after trimming them with the default software. Before trimming the audio is just fine. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Subutex Samppa, Jun 2, 2023.

1. Why do my gameplay videos lose all audio after I trim them with the Windows photos app?

As said in the title, I lose all audio from my video clips after trimming them with the default software. Before trimming the audio is just fine. I take these clips with Geforce Experience. My headset has two different outputs, and I have set pretty much everything to come out of the "Razer Blackshark V2 Pro" output instead of "THX spatial audio". The game audio is also set to the V2 pro. I have tried listening to the clips with THX spatial audio as audio output, but still can't hear a thing. Also sometimes clips in specific games capture audio only from the microphone, not the game. This seem

:)

Subutex Samppa, Jun 2, 2023
  2. martin Win User

Photos app - trim a video - error

Hello,
    I am trying to use the built-in Windows 10 Photos app to trim a video.
    I have the video playing in the Photos app and click "Trim Video" at the top.
    I move the sliders to select the start and end points.
    I click "Save a copy" at top-right.
    The app says "It looks as though you don't have permissions to save changes to this file. Try saving a copy instead."
    Having just clicked "Save a copy", I am confused as to why this error message is appearing.
    I've tried copying the .mp4 to my VIDEOS folder on C: drive with the same result.
    Some research has suggested to run the Photos app as Administrator, but I can't figure out how to do that.
    Any suggestions on how to trim a video would be appreciated!
    Thanks,

martin, Jun 2, 2023
  3. dmitttri Win User
    Microsoft Photos - problem with video trimming

Hi Greg,

thanks for your feedback. However, the links provided do not address my issue. I will repeat the procedure on how to reporduce the problem I reported, with Photos Version 2023.10030.7003.0:

1) I have a video which original aspect ratio is 16:9

2) Right click on the video and choose Open in Photos

3) Once video is open in Photos, I choose Trim (a button located on the top stripe, Trim (CTRL +E))

4) Then I choose start and end of the trimmed video and choose "Save as copy"

5) Resulting video has ascept ratio 4:3, which is a bug in the application

What I wanted to point out is that this refers to a bug in the Photos application, because Trim operation is expected to produce the exact same video format, with same codec, bitrate, aspect, etc..

Furthermore, when I open a video in Photos app, there is no option to set aspect or anything else. To be more precise, any application which opens a video should respect aspect ration embedded in the video file itself, but seems Photos don't respect it.

I definitely don't want to use Video Editor, with so many unecessary additional steps like "New Project", "Import Video" (which makes another copy in the Library).

My intention was to do simple trimming on many video files, with just 3 steps, Open in Photos, Trim, Save As. But this operation changes the aspect of the original video, and this is the exact problem I am trying to report

dmitttri, Jun 2, 2023
  4. MrBear16 Win User

Why do my gameplay videos lose all audio after I trim them with the Windows photos app?

Audio issues when trimming a video in Photos?

I trimmed a video using Photos but the output video has choppy sound. I can find no options relating to sound under settings or in the video trim/creation process. Is there a workaround or do I need a different app?

MrBear16, Jun 2, 2023
Thema:

Why do my gameplay videos lose all audio after I trim them with the Windows photos app?

1. Why do my gameplay videos lose all audio after I trim them with the Windows photos app? - Similar Threads - Why gameplay videos

2. Photos App will not complete a video trim

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Photos App will not complete a video trim: Been working on this for some time. I have a 2 minute video that the Photos App trim feature starts then either stalls and just sits there with that irritating circular thing or it will close. What would cause a particular video file to do that. I can edit other ones with not...
  3. Photos App will not complete a video trim

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Photos App will not complete a video trim: Been working on this for some time. I have a 2 minute video that the Photos App trim feature starts then either stalls and just sits there with that irritating circular thing or it will close. What would cause a particular video file to do that. I can edit other ones with not...
  4. Why do my gameplay videos lose all audio after I trim them with the Windows photos app?

Why do my gameplay videos lose all audio after I trim them with the Windows photos app?: As said in the title, I lose all audio from my video clips after trimming them with the default software. Before trimming the audio is just fine. I take these clips with Geforce Experience. My headset has two different outputs, and I have set pretty much everything to come...
  5. Photos App won't trim a video

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Photos App won't trim a video: I'm trying to trim down an .avi file so I can send a short clip through email, I know there are a myriad of options such as file hosting and cloud storage to solve this, but the bosses want it sent through email so thats what they're gonna get. My problem is when I trim it...
  6. Trim Videos in Photos

Trim Videos in Photos: Can I trim a video clip in an assembly of video clips, and trim it by one frame? I cannot seem to be able to advance a video by one frame at a time. Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/trim-videos-in-photos/1e1840da-1c14-4020-b08a-af8211f6870c
  7. Trimming Videos in Photos app

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Trimming Videos in Photos app: Sometime in the last calendar year, you went from being able to choose the location of where you wanted the trimmed version of your video to be exported to from the Photos app, to only being able to automatically save the trimmed video to the same location as the source...
  8. Photos App Distorting Video After Trimming

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Photos App Distorting Video After Trimming: Hello, I use my computer primarily for videos that I submit to my employer. Multiple times now, I have tried recording with a webcam through the Camera app which worked fine, but after trimming through Photos, the video becomes distorted and sped up. I have spoken with two...
  9. Trimming videos using Photos App...

Trimming videos using Photos App...: Re: Trimming videos using the Photos App Any ideas why, when I trim an .mp4 created using Xbox game bar, that the resulting .mp4 is an exponentially smaller file? E.g. I cut 5 mins off a 2 hour video and the file size went from 2mb to .65mb? I personally don't notice...
  10. Audio issues when trimming a video in Photos?

Audio issues when trimming a video in Photos?: I trimmed a video using Photos but the output video has choppy sound. I can find no options relating to sound under settings or in the video trim/creation process. Is there a workaround or do I need a different app?...