Windows 10: Why do my icons arrange themselves like this whenever I log in?

Discus and support Why do my icons arrange themselves like this whenever I log in? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] https://preview.redd.it/kon50f4p1xj51.png?width=1152&format=png&auto=webp&s=c77d65394fa98f2ee9d1be6786f46091af3800b3 submitted by... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/8orn2hul4, Aug 29, 2020.

1. Why do my icons arrange themselves like this whenever I log in?

/u/8orn2hul4, Aug 29, 2020
  2. Rose Cal Win User

Windows 10's Icon Arrangement

Hi,

It is possible that you're having issues with icons arrangement can be due to corruptions. To better assist you, we'd like to gather more information:

• Have you made any recent changes before this issue occur?
    • Did you get any error messages when you try to arrange the icons?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

We're looking forward to your response.

Rose Cal, Aug 29, 2020
  3. desktop icon arrangement

Hello,

Kindly further elaborate your concern, to assist you better.

In the meantime, you may follow the step below to see if this would address your concern:

• Right-click on your desktop > Click View.

Note: If you want to manually arrange your desktop icons uncheck Auto arrange icons
    then drag your icons depending on where you want to place them on your desktop. If you want your icons to be aligned to the grid, check
    Align icons to grid.

Let us know what happens after.

Regile Reb, Aug 29, 2020
  4. Why do my icons arrange themselves like this whenever I log in?

auto arrange icon desktop , why ?

Hi,

I would suggest you to try the steps and check if it helps.

a) Right click on Desktop.

b) Click on View.

c) Uncheck both "Arrange icons to grid" and "Auto arrange icons".

d) Restart the computer and check if it helps.

Anannya Podder, Aug 29, 2020
Thema:

Why do my icons arrange themselves like this whenever I log in?

1. Why do my icons arrange themselves like this whenever I log in? - Similar Threads - Why icons arrange

2. Why is my icon like this?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is my icon like this?: Why is my icon like this?, the first row first and the second row last, it used to be bright now its darken? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-is-my-icon-like-this/6637b7e5-2ea7-48ff-b1d8-b37e5f31f6d4
  3. Why is my icon like this?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why is my icon like this?: Why is my icon like this?, the first row first and the second row last, it used to be bright now its darken? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-is-my-icon-like-this/6637b7e5-2ea7-48ff-b1d8-b37e5f31f6d4
  4. Why Does My Desktop Icon Arrangements Change

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why Does My Desktop Icon Arrangements Change: Dear MSCSI have found that after arranging my desktop icons how I would prefer them, Windows re-arranges them in its own way.I like my important tool icons to be set in their place; followed by folders, PDFs, Word Docs, Pictures and lastly Notes, but it seems like Windows...
  5. Why Does My Desktop Icon Arrangements Change

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why Does My Desktop Icon Arrangements Change: Dear MSCSI have found that after arranging my desktop icons how I would prefer them, Windows re-arranges them in its own way.I like my important tool icons to be set in their place; followed by folders, PDFs, Word Docs, Pictures and lastly Notes, but it seems like Windows...
  6. Why are my desktop icons rearranging themselves?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Why are my desktop icons rearranging themselves?: Ever since the most recent major Windows 10 update I guess a couple months ago?, every time I log in to my PC, a select few of my desktop icons get moved to a certain place. I have a dual monitor setup, one is plugged into my GPU, the other is plugged to the motherboard. If I...
  7. Icons strangely arranging themselves?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Icons strangely arranging themselves?: i dunno if its because of the latest update(s), but in the past 2 days it seemed at first as if they randomly rearranging across my desktop, but after it happened again and again i noticed the icons keep going back to where they were, every single time. auto rearrange is off,...
  8. How do I prevent Desktop Icons from randomly re-arranging themselves on multiple displays?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I prevent Desktop Icons from randomly re-arranging themselves on multiple displays?: I've been searching all over the internet for the correct answer to this question for at least a couple of hours now. None of the answers I found helped except for the following, which isn't really an answer: 1) Turn off Auto Arrange Icons 2) Make sure Align to Grid is...
  9. Notification Area (System Tray) Icons Re-Arranging Themselves

in Windows 10 Support
    Notification Area (System Tray) Icons Re-Arranging Themselves: Hello, sometimes when I Shut Down & start up, or Restart, the computer, my Notification Area (System Tray) icons tend to re-arrange themselves slightly. I have to manage to re-arrange them the way to maximize my productivity for the computer. Is there some sort of temporary...
  10. Desktop Icons Re-arrange Themselves

in Windows 10 Support
    Desktop Icons Re-arrange Themselves: I'm resurrecting this because I've finally been able to narrow down what's happening when desktop icons re-arrange themselves even though auto-arrange icons is turned off. I've been paying more attention to what has been done when this occurs and I can now cause this issue to...