Windows 10: why do my monitors lose signal when I load up a game?

Discus and support why do my monitors lose signal when I load up a game? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I've seen people with the same problem as me but I have done everything that anyone has said online and in person. let me explain. I have two monitors... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by John Eikemeyer, Feb 6, 2023.

1. why do my monitors lose signal when I load up a game?

I've seen people with the same problem as me but I have done everything that anyone has said online and in person. let me explain. I have two monitors with a pretty beefy desktop. I have a B series motherboard, a 600W power supply, an RTX 3060 EVGA, 16GB of RAM, and two monitors on Display port cables. One monitor is a 1440p that runs at 144hz and the other is a 4k that runs at 60hz. I usually play video games on the 1440p monitor and have other apps running on the 4k monitor discord, Spotify, Chrome, and steam. I will try to load up a relatively demanding game like rocket league and as soon

:)

John Eikemeyer, Feb 6, 2023
  2. RCoon Win User

GTX 1050 ti Monitors Lose Signal

So far there's been a catalogue of symptoms, and the worrying thing is there are literally pages and pages of the same issue with GTX 1050's on the GeForce forums.

Symptoms so far:
    • After getting to the logon screen, both my 4K monitor (plugged in via DP) and my 1080p monitor (plugged in via HDMI) spuriously lose signal for ~5 seconds then come back. This happens constantly with no apparent timing.
    • Whenever I open a game launcher (not a game), or Google Chrome, the screen flickers again, only this time I get a Windows 10 event alert saying "application has been blocked from accessing graphics hardware".
    • When I check event viewer System logs, the yellow triangle simply says "nvlddmkm stopped responding" in each case of the monitors losing signal.
    Attempted fixes from numerous threads:
    • Installed the latest Game Ready "stable" drivers, installed latest "beta" drivers, and also installed some random "stable" drivers from a month ago. Uninstalled previous drivers with DDU each time and restarted before and after installation. Issue seems to persist sporadically.
    • Turned PCI Power Management off in Windows Power Settings. No change.
    • Switched Power settings in NVidia Control Panel to Maximum Performance. No change.
    • Gone into the registry and added a QWord(64bit) to CurrentControlSet001/Graphics/Drivers called "TdrDelay" and set it to 8 (also tried 10). No change.
    • Tried unplugging the secondary monitor. Managed to play Warframe for an entire evening without a monitor signal loss.
    • Switched secondary monitor to DVI Single Link cable to 1050 ti, and also tried secondary monitor on iGPU with primary monitor on 1050 ti. Still get signal losses on main monitor, secondary monitor does the same but is delayed (WTF?).
    • Downclocked GPU 50Mhz. No change.
    • Increased Power Limit by 5%. No change.
    Fixes I still need to try:
    • Try a different DP cable in main monitor/try HDMI cable instead.
    • I get the signal loss when I open Chrome, going to turn off hardware acceleration as that apparently solves things
    • Use a DWord(32bit) registry key instead of QWord for TdrDelay
    • Going to try the 375.50 drivers, as they're allegedly old but stable for low power Pascal GPUs.
    • Resetting CMOS for whatever reasons - some random guy said this solved his issues.
    Fairly convinced it's not a hardware issue since there are so many people with the same issue as me. One slight glimmer of explanation is that Micron memory may be at fault, I need to check if its Samsung or Micron stuff on mine. Apparently there were some GTX 1070 stability issues with Micron VRAM that were fixed with an update.

My entire system has been stable for years, sporting a R9 295x2 up until 6 months ago with no stability problems. Doubt it's PSU related. Motherboard is also on the latest 2.50 BIOS.

Help me TPU, you're my only hope.

RCoon, Feb 6, 2023
  3. Losing signal from graphic card the moment I start game

Actuall problem: the moment I start Left4Dead2 game I'm losing signal - monitor say "no singal".

• Windows 10 Pro Version 1703
    • Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-6600K CPU @ 3.50GHz 3.50
    • Graphic Card: NVIDIOA GeForce GTX 980 Ti
    • Motherboard: ASUS Z170 PRO GAMING Z170 LGA1151

A more detailed description from potential start:

(this part probably not related) Few month ago my graphic card (GTX 660 Ti) stopped working - I lost signal to monitor the moment I turned on computer. Some tests showed, that card works on other computers, and other cards work on my computer. Problem was not resolved, few days ago I get new but used graphic card.

(more related?) Had problem with game "shadow of mordor" - I were losing signal the moment I started the game. Computer was working well. Left4Dead2 was working well. I managed to fix it, found solution, had to open nvida control panale and change some options for this game, to use this graphic cards. I can't find this solution now so I can't recreate exactly this solution.

(most related?) I updated Windows. For a moment shadow of mordor didn't work like before. Couldn't find the Nvidia control panel. I reinstalled drivers, Shadow of morder is working now. I checked Left4dead2 - not working, like Shadow of mordor before (and it DID work before update!). Uninstalled and installed the newest driver pack form Nvidia, same problem, Left4Dead still give no signal the moment the game start.

With shadow of mordor and other games there IS still sort of problem - for o short moment I'm losing signal from card, monitor "clicks off", but the moment later, game start and I'm getting signal back. So something is still wrong (never before my monitor "clicked off" even for a moment without a reason) but in the end it works perfect.

Still can't find nor install "Nvidia control panel" anymore.

When alredy in game have no problems. Everything works perfect, great details, higs performance, no artifacts, high FPS, no shutdowns, etc. etc.

user3895596, Feb 6, 2023
  4. FMG
    FMG Win User

why do my monitors lose signal when I load up a game?

PC loses signal to monitor

While I play a video game, FPS in game start dropping and the monitor loses signal, but the PC is still working. Today I tried the thingy with Capslock and after I pressed it two times, my PC stopped. After I turned it back on it booted, but a black screen appeared and not the logo and after that it rebooted itself and now it's working. I can't play video games at all anymore.

My CPU is i5-3450 3.10 and graphic card GTX 650.

I had this problem even on previous version of windows.

I can watch movies and videos on chrome fine, but when I play games the hell unleashes.

Please help me *Sad.

Thema:

why do my monitors lose signal when I load up a game?

1. why do my monitors lose signal when I load up a game? - Similar Threads - why monitors lose

2. Monitor loses randomly loses signal.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Monitor loses randomly loses signal.: This started happening a few weeks ago, and it happens randomly, even when I just browse the internet or do intensive GPU stuff like 3d modeling or gaming.The monitor samsung sj55w ultra wide loses signal from the computer but the computer keeps working, as I hear the music...
  3. Monitor loses randomly loses signal.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Monitor loses randomly loses signal.: This started happening a few weeks ago, and it happens randomly, even when I just browse the internet or do intensive GPU stuff like 3d modeling or gaming.The monitor samsung sj55w ultra wide loses signal from the computer but the computer keeps working, as I hear the music...
  4. Monitor loses randomly loses signal.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. why do my monitors lose signal when I load up a game?

why do my monitors lose signal when I load up a game?: I've seen people with the same problem as me but I have done everything that anyone has said online and in person. let me explain. I have two monitors with a pretty beefy desktop. I have a B series motherboard, a 600W power supply, an RTX 3060 EVGA, 16GB of RAM, and two...
  6. why do my monitors lose signal when I load up a game?

why do my monitors lose signal when I load up a game?: I've seen people with the same problem as me but I have done everything that anyone has said online and in person. let me explain. I have two monitors with a pretty beefy desktop. I have a B series motherboard, a 600W power supply, an RTX 3060 EVGA, 16GB of RAM, and two...
  7. why do my monitos lose signal when I load up a game?

why do my monitos lose signal when I load up a game?: I've seen people with the same problem as me but I have done everything that anyone has said online and in person. let me explain. I have two monitors with a pretty beefy desktop. I have a B series motherboard, a 600W power supply, an RTX 3060 EVGA, 16GB of RAM, and two...
  8. why do my monitos lose signal when I load up a game?

why do my monitos lose signal when I load up a game?: I've seen people with the same problem as me but I have done everything that anyone has said online and in person. let me explain. I have two monitors with a pretty beefy desktop. I have a B series motherboard, a 600W power supply, an RTX 3060 EVGA, 16GB of RAM, and two...
  9. why do my monitos lose signal when I load up a game?

in Windows 10 Gaming
  10. Monitor losing signal during start-up

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Monitor losing signal during start-up: I've been getting issues in the last week while trying to start up my computer. Either my monitor loses its signal during the blue screen with the rotating white dots or my motherboard graphics card is being used instead of the one that my monitors are plugged into. The...