Windows 10: why do my photos i download go into collection in Windows 10

Discus and support why do my photos i download go into collection in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Im new to this computer and wndows 10 and its has been a complete and utter disaster trying to use this machine, it has brought absolute mess to my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by juliejan64, Jun 12, 2020.

1. why do my photos i download go into collection in Windows 10

Im new to this computer and wndows 10 and its has been a complete and utter disaster trying to use this machine, it has brought absolute mess to my life for over 1 week now, please anyone out there do no I repeat do not go for windows 10, I have worked on computers for over 30 years, and this has to be the worse ive come across, there is nothing and I mean nothin easy on it,

hi, wondered if anyone can help, I had all my photos I folders in windows 7 on old computer, I saved some to disc and downloaded to new computer

they have now gone into collection in Windows 10,

i now had to place all photos in folders , when they were already in folders in last computer, and now I cannot delete them from collection,

utter utter waste of time

i have lots of photos to bring over but dare not until I have a easier solution as to keeping them in the folders I had

please please any help, before this windows 10 , goes out of the window in the field next to me

:)

juliejan64, Jun 12, 2020
  2. msgbdm Win User

Downloading photos in Windows 10

Downloading from Panasonic digital camera.

I have followed the steps but "Import/Export photos doesn't appear in the dropdown list. Since this is the first time I am downloading into this computer with Windows 10 it was suggested that I need to load new drivers but I can't seem to find them.

msgbdm, Jun 12, 2020
  3. Windows 10 Photo Collection Unstable

Hi David,

First of all, I apologies for the delay in response.

I understand your inconvenience and how frustrated you might be in resolving the issue. Don’t worry, I will help you resolving this issue.

If you are still facing the issue with Photo app, I suggest you to follow the methods provided below and check if it helps.

Method 1: Run the app troubleshooter.

I suggest you to download and run the app troubleshooter from the following link and check.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/run-the-troubleshooter-for-windows-apps

If the issue still persist, I suggest you to uninstall and reinstall the Photo app and check if it helps.

Method 2:

Follow the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Type Windows Powershell in search box.

• Right click on Windows Powershell and select
      Run as administrator.

• Copy and paste the following command.

get-appxpackage *Microsoft.Windows.Photos* | remove-appxpackage

• Press Enter key.

After uninstalling the Photo app I suggest you to download and install the app again and check.

You can download the Photo app from the following link.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/store/apps/microsoft-photos/9wzdncrfjbh4

Hope it helps. Do let us know if your issue is resolved. For any further query, feel free to contact us.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Jun 12, 2020
  4. why do my photos i download go into collection in Windows 10

How can I control what is in the photo collection?

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are facing issues with photo app on Windows 10. Sorry for the inconvenience caused to you.

I suggest you to perform the below steps and check if it helps.

1. Open Photos app.

2. Click on Collections.

3. Then right click on the unwanted pictures in the list and click on
    Delete.

Also click on Folder option in Photo app and check the file location of the pictures.

Get back to us if you need any further assistance on Windows related issues and we will be glad to help. ;

Nyima Yonten, Jun 12, 2020
Thema:

why do my photos i download go into collection in Windows 10

1. why do my photos i download go into collection in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - why photos download

2. Why are my photos going like this on computer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Why are my photos going like this on computer: Looking through my photos and some have this on them and when clicking on them half the photo is gone how do I fix this or get my photos back https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-are-my-photos-going-like-this-on-computer/9af3c53a-0a07-4ccc-9407-963f02a464c2
  3. Why are my photos going like this on computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why are my photos going like this on computer: Looking through my photos and some have this on them and when clicking on them half the photo is gone how do I fix this or get my photos back https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-are-my-photos-going-like-this-on-computer/9af3c53a-0a07-4ccc-9407-963f02a464c2
  4. Why are my photos going like this on computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. why i cant download photos on my pc?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why i cant download photos on my pc?: why i cant download photos on my pc? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-i-cant-download-photos-on-my-pc/bc99749a-a75a-4ba8-8c92-468daa20ae32
  6. why i cant download photos on my pc?

why i cant download photos on my pc?: why i cant download photos on my pc? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-i-cant-download-photos-on-my-pc/bc99749a-a75a-4ba8-8c92-468daa20ae32
  7. Why is this in my downloads and what do i do???

Why is this in my downloads and what do i do???: So for some reason there is a file called Microsoft Win32 Registry dll and some Xceed dll file in my downloads, i dont know if to delete them or call dell so can someone help me....
  8. Photos in collection

Photos in collection: I do not want my photos to go into the collection. I want it in my folders. This pisses me off. Correct it please, as I was fine downloading my photos into the folders just prior to downloading photos these last couple of times. How do I get them into my folder?...
  9. How do I change the date on my Microsoft Photo Collections.

How do I change the date on my Microsoft Photo Collections.: I have several Collections in my Microsoft Collections that show the year as 2027. I think this was a result of the date on my camera being wrong. My problem is how can I change the dates to reflect the correct year ?...
  10. In Photos App, how do I disable Collections?

In Photos App, how do I disable Collections?: I have lots of photos that I've organized in folders by subject, date, other, or combo. I prefer not to have the timeline of photos constantly available or constantly managed. How do I disable this process?...