Windows 10: Why do my programs open in the task bar

Discus and support Why do my programs open in the task bar in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Since the last update I select my programs in the start menu by right clicking on them and when they start they appear in the task bar and I have click... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Len1940, Sep 20, 2020.

1. Len1940 Win User

Why do my programs open in the task bar

Since the last update I select my programs in the start menu by right clicking on them and when they start they appear in the task bar and I have click on the to open the programs, please can you tell me how to go back to the old way.
    My version is 2004 ( O/S build 19041.508)

:)

Len1940, Sep 20, 2020
  2. dav46220 Win User

Programs run minimized on task bar

First it was chrome then a week or so later Excel started doing it. The program open and they show on the task bar if you move the curser over them you can see that the program is open but you can not enlarge the small window the controls for enlarge and
    minimize do not show only an x to close. I do not know of any software changes unless there was an update for something.

I tried the steps you outlined and they had no effect.

Thanks for the help, any other suggestions? I am lost without my excel!

dav46220, Sep 20, 2020
  3. Cannot modify Task Bar settings

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will be happy to assist you.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if the issue persists.

• Right click on the Task Bar.
    • Uncheck the option " Lock the Taskbar."

Hope this helps.

Arvind Ram, Sep 20, 2020
  4. Mikky_888 Win User

how to successfully pin files to the task bar

I use to be able to drag and drop files onto the task bar and they would reside withing the file list for that program. Since the recent upgrade it appears that I am not able to pin a file to the program on the task bar. Suggestions?

Mikky_888, Sep 20, 2020
Thema:

1. Why do my programs open in the task bar - Similar Threads - Why programs open

2. Why do windows cover my task bar?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why do windows cover my task bar?: Since updating to Windows 11, I've noticed my Windows and applications cover my taskbar regardless of whether I click out of them. My taskbar is not set to auto-hide....
  3. Why do windows cover my task bar?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why do windows cover my task bar?: Since updating to Windows 11, I've noticed my Windows and applications cover my taskbar regardless of whether I click out of them. My taskbar is not set to auto-hide....
  4. task bar progams do not open up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    task bar progams do not open up: task bar programs do not open up https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/task-bar-progams-do-not-open-up/7f151d9e-33c0-4150-96f7-e87cdcbe8a90
  5. task bar progams do not open up

in Windows 10 Customization
    task bar progams do not open up: task bar programs do not open up https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/task-bar-progams-do-not-open-up/7f151d9e-33c0-4150-96f7-e87cdcbe8a90
  6. Programs won't open from Task Bar

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Programs won't open from Task Bar: I'm using an HP desktop, i7, 360GHz, 10MB mem, 1TB hdd, win 10.I I chose the wrong forum, please move and let me knowThis morning when I tried to open several internet links from the task bar I get the following warning:It seems to apply only to those associated with Edge. I...
  7. Programs opening, but will not maximize from the Task Bar

Programs opening, but will not maximize from the Task Bar: I have been round and round with Microsoft. Whenever I plug in a second monitor my programs will not maximize. They are open on the taskbar, but I cannot open them to full size. Yes my computer is updated, spent all day today installing updates. Does anyone know what the...
  8. Program Open in Task Bar But not Visible on Screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Program Open in Task Bar But not Visible on Screen: I usually use more than one monitor, but am travelling with just my laptop now. My computer is acting like there is still another monitor, but no other monitors are detected in settings. When I open a program, it shows open in the task bar, but is not showing on my screen. I...
  9. Program on task bar

Program on task bar: HI, I have particular program will not open from the task bar. When launched it goes straight to the task bar. Ken https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/program-on-task-bar/d51643d1-6b60-47f7-9f13-4f5e21c215bd
  10. circles on task bar opening programs

circles on task bar opening programs: I have blinking circles on my task bar opening up programs and not allowing me to use my mouse to control anything. This is after Windows 10 update. Help Please!...