Windows 10: Why do my .rar files save as a PDF?

Discus and support Why do my .rar files save as a PDF? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Whenever I try and download a .rar file to extract, it saves as a PDF and opens in Adobe Acrobat. Why is this and how can I prevent this? (This applies... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/KatAttackMain, Dec 29, 2020.

1. Why do my .rar files save as a PDF?

Whenever I try and download a .rar file to extract, it saves as a PDF and opens in Adobe Acrobat. Why is this and how can I prevent this? (This applies to all .rar files)

submitted by /u/KatAttackMain
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/KatAttackMain, Dec 29, 2020
Thema:

Why do my .rar files save as a PDF?

1. Why do my .rar files save as a PDF? - Similar Threads - Why rar files

2. All files are saving as PDF

in Windows 10 Gaming
    All files are saving as PDF: Hello Microsoft Community!I am having an issue that just started today, very strange and annoying. All of my files are saving in PDF format, no matter the original program or the "Save As" selection. It is still showing up in the file explorer as a PDF. Below are a few steps...
  3. All files are saving as PDF

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    All files are saving as PDF: Hello Microsoft Community!I am having an issue that just started today, very strange and annoying. All of my files are saving in PDF format, no matter the original program or the "Save As" selection. It is still showing up in the file explorer as a PDF. Below are a few steps...
  4. Saving a PDF file

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Saving a PDF file: Why has Edge stopped allowing me to save a PDF file to my computer? I always could but now have to use Chrome to get the option. Very frustrating. Rita Harris https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/saving-a-pdf-file/6582635a-c723-43bf-96c8-081a5f6586d1
  5. PDF & files saving & "save as"

PDF & files saving & "save as": Why does windows 10 suggest random files folders for saving items? Waste of our time. It should recall the last file folder we saved into and suggest that one. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pdf-files-saving-save-as/fcca6d13-f333-4e07-8bc9-30b27731d192
  6. Saving .pdf files

Saving .pdf files: How do you save a .jpg file as a .pdf file? This is probably a novice question but I just can't figure it out! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/saving-pdf-files/b0e8f9a1-b445-4b95-a8eb-926463c5e050"
  7. My Photos are only saving as Rar Zip Files

My Photos are only saving as Rar Zip Files: Every time I am on a site and I right-click and select "save image as..." it saves it as a Rar Zip File. I thought this would change if I used the snipping tool to take photos, it does not. I downloaded a Rar Zip Opener and it did nothing. It simply continued saying...
  8. Saving PDF files

Saving PDF files: Lately I have not been able to save PDF files. I can print them but cannot save them. this is the same for all folders. I tried to remove any "Read Only" settings. I can save Word documents etc. So this seems specific to PDF files. I go to "Save As" and type in a...
  9. Saving pdf file to my Documents File

Saving pdf file to my Documents File: Good morning! I have Windows 10 on my PC. I save a .pdf attachment document that I received in an email to Documents, and I specify a Folder to send it to. The document shows up not only in the specified folder, but I notice that it shows up in the general file as well....
  10. .rar files

in Windows 10 Customization
    .rar files: When I Try To Open .rar Files Its Not Working PLESE HELP ME[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/rar-files/c25d582a-edae-4ea0-8b49-0ca1aa0e02eb