Windows 10: why do my screen saver settings change after a reboot

Discus and support why do my screen saver settings change after a reboot in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; why do my screen saver settings change after a reboot? 16969 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by donfrakes, Aug 16, 2015.

1. donfrakes Win User

why do my screen saver settings change after a reboot

why do my screen saver settings change after a reboot?

:)

donfrakes, Aug 16, 2015
  2. Beroun Win User

Screen Saver Randomly Turning OFF

Hi,

had the Screen Saver turned on (Mystify - 15 minutes) and worked fine. Until I went to Personalize, Lock Screen Settings and tried to change the Picture to Slide Show (selecting one of my picture albums). This turned OFF! the Screen Saver (without me doing
    anything). I had to go back to the Screen Saver settings to turn it on again.

Two questions please:

Changing the Personalize/Lock Screen Setting from Picture to Slide Show does not seem to do anything. I do not see any Slide Show when the initial screen comes up when rebooting? What is to be expected to happen?

Changing the Personalize/Lock Screen Setting from Picture to Slide Show shuts down the Screen Saver? Is that intended and if yes why?

Thank you

Beroun, Aug 16, 2015
  3. Windows 10 keeps changing my screensaver

Dear Ma. Lau, this is where screen saver fails. After reboot it get changed to another one which I do not want.

LoL, how many more posts Ma. Lau would need to understand the issue...

ms_win_phone_no_more, Aug 16, 2015
  4. why do my screen saver settings change after a reboot

After changing your screensaver are you going into themes and saving theme?

TheSmokey76, Aug 17, 2015
Thema:

why do my screen saver settings change after a reboot

1. why do my screen saver settings change after a reboot - Similar Threads - why screen saver

2. laptop screen saver comes on after one minute. how do I change the screen saver settings?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    laptop screen saver comes on after one minute. how do I change the screen saver settings?: After 1 minute of inactivity, my HP laptop screen goes dark. If I am taking notes, or reading an article without moving the mouse, it just goes dark. Very frustrating when trying to take notes from online texts and it shuts down. I've reset the screen and sleep times, created...
  3. laptop screen saver comes on after one minute. how do I change the screen saver settings?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    laptop screen saver comes on after one minute. how do I change the screen saver settings?: After 1 minute of inactivity, my HP laptop screen goes dark. If I am taking notes, or reading an article without moving the mouse, it just goes dark. Very frustrating when trying to take notes from online texts and it shuts down. I've reset the screen and sleep times, created...
  4. Screen Saver settings do not work

in Windows 10 Customization
    Screen Saver settings do not work: The screen saver settings lets me set the 'wait time' etc and all looks good after pressing the 'apply and then OK buttons'. However when the wait time is over the saver will not run. I have adjusted/tried all power settings etc even the troubleshooter for power. It found...
  5. how to change screen saver settings

how to change screen saver settings: want to change amount of time before screen saver turns on. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-change-screen-saver-settings/0b1bf1e5-ce2b-499b-b89a-477afd7195cc
  6. Changing Screen Saver settings on PC

Changing Screen Saver settings on PC: There must be some way to increase the time to allow Windows update t****sh the desktop goes to bubbles and turn to black and blocks the update to finish. the circling little dots are not enough to keep it open long enough to install. ***Original title: How do I change...
  7. Screen Saver Settings

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Screen Saver Settings: I have a Windows 10 version 1809 and when doing some testing on screen saver settings for 2 minutes before going to a screen saver with a password. on my test computer via GPO one of the GP spilled over to my production computer. I have removed the GPO and the from the...
  8. Screen Saver Settings

Screen Saver Settings: My Screen Saver Settings get reset every time I reboot. Specially, the "tick" in "on resume, Display log-on screen" gets unticked so that my screen doesn't lock. Any idea how I can stop this happening?...
  9. update changed my screen saver

update changed my screen saver: Actually, it gave me a second SS! The one I have on the working desktop is okay, but pre-log-in, it used to be in the generic plain green. But now it's used an old SS from my file of pictures. This happened in the big update last week. I've searched and searched but (I...
  10. Change Screen Saver Settings in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change Screen Saver Settings in Windows 10: How to: Change Screen Saver Settings in Windows 10 How to Change Screen Saver Settings in Windows 10 A screen saver is a moving picture or pattern that displays on the screen(s) of your PC after you have not been active on the PC for specified period of time to wait....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. why does my screensaver change