Windows 10: Why do my Slideshow Lock Screen photos look as if they have been zoomed in? Win 10

Discus and support Why do my Slideshow Lock Screen photos look as if they have been zoomed in? Win 10 in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; 99.5% of these photos are of my grandchildren. To protect their identities, here's an example of one of other 0.5%: This original [ATTACH] now... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Taffy087, Aug 14, 2019.

1. Taffy087 Win User

Why do my Slideshow Lock Screen photos look as if they have been zoomed in? Win 10

99.5% of these photos are of my grandchildren. To protect their identities, here's an example of one of other 0.5%:

This original

Why do my Slideshow Lock Screen photos look as if they have been zoomed in? Win 10 bf587e23-3c39-42db-a575-a99c70f4bd7d?upload=true.jpg

now looks like this:

Why do my Slideshow Lock Screen photos look as if they have been zoomed in? Win 10 48927bb4-025b-4003-b946-b5e3e9ad62ba?upload=true.png

When I first asked the question here, I was told that "if you are on Windows 10 1903, this seems to be an effect of the new lock screen where it makes the image dynamic by zooming it in to give the appearance of movement". I queried this because at that time v1903 was only for Insiders but then it became available to all user as the "May Features Update".

But I'm still having the problem with most of my grandchildren's photos viz they too are larger than they should be, meaning the edges are cut off.

I'd appreciate your help please.

PS I'll ask the Moderators to merge this with my original thread but, before I do, I have to check the effects of the latest WU and also check whether a System Restore I ran overnight has worked. (I did the System Restore because my laptop is running extremely slowly.) So it might be several hours before I contact the Moderators. There is no need for anyone else to ask them to merge this in the meantime.

:)

Taffy087, Aug 14, 2019

2. How to disable zoom on slideshow lock screen

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand your concern, as you are looking for an option to disable zoom on slideshow lock screen.

In this scenario, we would suggest you to post your query in
    TechNet forums, where we have experts and support
    professionals who are well equipped with the knowledge on Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC 1809 to assist you with the appropriate troubleshooting steps.

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Aug 14, 2019
  3. Disable slow zoom and panning on slideshow lock screen

I have the same issue as RTorpey. In the lock screen configuration screen I have selected 'Slideshow' as the background. I've also chosen the Pictures folder as the album for the slideshow.

When the lock screen starts displaying the images from the pictures folder it does a slow zoom in to each photo. I would really like to have it just display the images with no zoom. Any help with changing the lock screen slideshow settings would be welcome!

Windows version is Windows 10 Home Version 1607

EventualHorizon, Aug 14, 2019
  4. alex-ya Win User

Why do my Slideshow Lock Screen photos look as if they have been zoomed in? Win 10

How to disable zoom on slideshow lock screen

Disable slow zoom and panning on slideshow lock screen

I searched and found this thread, but it can't resolve my problem.

I have the same question. I want to stop the zoom in lock screen when I use slideshow. According to the thread above, I can't find the

"Adjust the appearance and performance of Windows" and "animate controls and elements inside windows". I am not sure if the
    latest version of windows change the behavior and the location of settings. Does anybody know how to approach that?

My version is Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC 1809, 17763.615

Thanks a lot.

alex-ya, Aug 14, 2019
Thema:

1. Why do my Slideshow Lock Screen photos look as if they have been zoomed in? Win 10 - Similar Threads - Why Slideshow Lock

2. Why is the lock screen slideshow not working?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is the lock screen slideshow not working?: I want to have a lock screen slideshow, yet it doesn't work and just shows the one image that was previously set on the "picture" optionAlso the error message "You need more than one picture" doesn't make sense because there are many pictures in this folderThings I...
  3. Why is the lock screen slideshow not working?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why is the lock screen slideshow not working?: I want to have a lock screen slideshow, yet it doesn't work and just shows the one image that was previously set on the "picture" optionAlso the error message "You need more than one picture" doesn't make sense because there are many pictures in this folderThings I...
  4. Lock Screen SlideShow

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lock Screen SlideShow: Hello!I have a small issue.I was personalising my computer and when I finished I was really excited!However, when I turned off my computer and turned it back on, a photo that's not in my slideshow folder, appeared. It's agitating as I'm setting up a theme and a random photo...
  5. Photos look 'zoomed-in' when they appear on my screen saver - Window 10

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Photos look 'zoomed-in' when they appear on my screen saver - Window 10: How do I resolve this problem please? In my Settings Personalization > Background I have selected "Slideshow", change every minute, Shuffle On and "Choose a fit: Fill". This is the original photo, top removed for privacy: [ATTACH] This is how is looks on my screensaver:...
  6. My lock screen slideshow wont work. Why?

in Windows 10 Customization
    My lock screen slideshow wont work. Why?: Every time I'm in lock screen theres no slideshow even though I have slideshow selected. Theres just one picture. I'm so confused. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-lock-screen-slideshow-wont-work-why/949c493b-5556-4408-8a91-a49002a6c79e
  7. Windows 10 Background Slideshow Photos Zoomed

Windows 10 Background Slideshow Photos Zoomed: Can anyone tell me why some (but not all) of my Windows 10 Background slideshow photos are zoomed, and so show only part of the original image? Have found no way to correct this. Thanks if anyone can help....
  8. How to disable zoom on slideshow lock screen

How to disable zoom on slideshow lock screen: Disable slow zoom and panning on slideshow lock screen I searched and found this thread, but it can't resolve my problem. I have the same question. I want to stop the zoom in lock screen when I use slideshow. According to the thread above, I can't find the "Adjust the...
  9. All my Slideshow Lock Screen photos have had their sizing reduced as if zoomed in. Win 10

All my Slideshow Lock Screen photos have had their sizing reduced as if zoomed in. Win 10: About a week ago I noticed that my slideshow saved photos appeared as if zoomed in. As an example, here's what I had before [ATTACH] and here's what I have now (I've not changed anything) [ATTACH] Might it be to do with the settings? I have 'Fill' in my...
  10. Lock Screen Slideshow

Lock Screen Slideshow: Ok guys has anyone got the slideshow to work on your lock screen yet, i have tried everything including deleteing a particular file in screen folder to making new files everywhere and still nothing, when i press WIN + L it works great but the minute i reboot my PC nothing the...