Windows 10: why do my sticky notes keep disappearing windows 10

Discus and support why do my sticky notes keep disappearing windows 10 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; No the solution to find StickyNotes.snt isn't working. I don't have an AppData file and the StickyNotes file can't be located when searching my system.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by BethH2, Aug 9, 2019.

1. BethH2 Win User

why do my sticky notes keep disappearing windows 10

No the solution to find StickyNotes.snt isn't working. I don't have an AppData file and the StickyNotes file can't be located when searching my system. I created a new note yesterday and when my system rebooted this morning, I lost yesterdays note and a couple that were not deleted after my update on Monday. NICE update!

:)

BethH2, Aug 9, 2019
  2. Xylee Del Win User

sticky notes

Hello,

Sticky notes may have encountered a system file corruption that caused this. We suggest that you run the

Windows app troubleshooter
    for this issue. Meanwhile, we also recommend that you reset your Sticky Notes app by following the steps below:

• Click the Windows icon and click Settings.
    • Click System, and then click Apps & features on the left menu.
    • Click on Sticky Notes on the list found on your right menu, click
      Advanced options link, and click the Reset button.
    • Click the Reset button again when you see the confirmation dialog to reset Sticky Notes app.
    • Close the Settings window and check your Sticky Notes app.

Let us know the results.

Xylee Del, Aug 9, 2019
  3. Jane Lla Win User
    Sticky notes disappeared

Hello Helen,

During the update it's normal for the system to close running applications to avoid complications.

I normally just search for Sticky Notes after a recent installation of the update. Once the program launches , it would then reopen with all the notes I've created before.

If the above scenario is not the case—usually, when you lose Sticky Notes on your desktop, you’ll be able to find all notes from the Sticky Notes folder via StickyNotes.snt files.

Now, to recover your missing notes, you may follow the method suggested by Microsoft Barbie in this old

thread

Although the thread is for Windows 7, same steps apply to Windows 10.

Let me know if you need further assistance.

All the best!

Jane Lla, Aug 9, 2019
  4. why do my sticky notes keep disappearing windows 10

Sticky Note Error?

Hi,

To further help you with your concern about the sticky note, we suggest using System File Checking in Windows 10. Kindly follow the steps below:

• Right-click (or press and hold) the Start button, then select Command Prompt (Admin)
    • Enter sfc /scannow (note the space between "sfc" and "/").

Let us know how it goes.

Wilfred Mac, Aug 9, 2019
Thema:

why do my sticky notes keep disappearing windows 10

1. why do my sticky notes keep disappearing windows 10 - Similar Threads - why sticky notes

2. Why do my Windows 10 System Restore points keep disappearing?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Why do my Windows 10 System Restore points keep disappearing?: I have recently done a complete clean install of Windows 10 x64 and everything seems to working fine except that System Restore points always vanish within a few hours of them being created. I created one just after completing the installation but that and all the other more...
  3. sticky notes disappeared

sticky notes disappeared: Half of my sticky notes are missing. Just the other day-they were all present. How do I retrieve the other notes? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sticky-notes-disappeared/21f2108b-540f-4ab3-98fc-155e256d6de8"
  4. How do I keep my sticky notes from disappearing on startup?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I keep my sticky notes from disappearing on startup?: My sticky notes have been acting weird since the most recent major update to Windows 10 (version 1903): every time I log in to my computer, one of my notes is missing (I have 2 but they're arranged so that if one is missing, I can tell). It's not deleted - if I open the Notes...
  5. Sticky Notes Disappeared. Just Like That.

Sticky Notes Disappeared. Just Like That.: Hey, I turned on my laptop and my Sticky Notes disappeared. Just like that. Gone. The Search function finds it but it's not clickable, it doesn't react. I searched the forum where I found that I need to restore from this path:...
  6. Microsoft Sticky Notes - keep crashing

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft Sticky Notes - keep crashing: I am unable to open Microsoft Sticky Notes. It keeps crashing. I had to google it and tried a lot of options/suggestion but no luck. The issue still persists. Error msg "Check the Windows Store for more info about Sticky Notes." OS: Windows 10 Pro 10.0.17134 Sticky...
  7. Sticky Notes Disappearing

Sticky Notes Disappearing: Sometimes sticky notes disappear for no apparent reason. I thought I had lost all my sticky note data with the latest update, however, I found that by clicking settings in the sticky note window, I was able to load the data from the Microsoft cloud (had to log in first). It...
  8. Why do my microsoft jigsaw puzzles keep disappearing?

Why do my microsoft jigsaw puzzles keep disappearing?: When every I close Microsoft Jigsaw puzzles, the puzzles disappear. I can't find them to finish them. Where do they go and why do they go?????? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-do-my-microsoft-jigsaw-puzzles-keep/70c3d676-ba28-4187-92e5-563c96886527
  9. Sticky Notes crashing my windows 10

Sticky Notes crashing my windows 10: First time I started it up in a while but also the first time it gave me such a serious issue. Granted I just had to wait several minutes but it was scary to see my display all messed up like the screen had broken. So here's what happened, I started it up, it...
  10. Where are my sticky notes

in Windows 10 Support
    Where are my sticky notes: I have the sticky notes icon on the task bar. When I hover over it my note shows up but when I click on it it does not appear maximized on the desk top. Anyone know what I did wrong or is it a bug? 21819

Users found this page by searching for:

1. sticky notes keep disappearing from my screen

2. my sticky notes have disappeared

3. sticky notes not like before

4. windows 10 why do the sticky notes keep disappearing,
  5. why do sticky notes on computer disappear