Windows 10: Why do my thousands of messages in my Linked Inbox stay there when I hit Ctrl+A then...

Discus and support Why do my thousands of messages in my Linked Inbox stay there when I hit Ctrl+A then... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I hope to see reliability improvements to the Mail app in Windows 10 Redstone 5 due late October of 2018. It has plenty of room for improvement, not to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by thomasseymour18901, Jul 14, 2018.

1. Why do my thousands of messages in my Linked Inbox stay there when I hit Ctrl+A then...

I hope to see reliability improvements to the Mail app in Windows 10 Redstone 5 due late October of 2018. It has plenty of room for improvement, not to mention new features such as support for iCloud, AOL and Zoho two-factor authentication and further improved HTML rendering.

:)

thomasseymour18901, Jul 14, 2018
  2. Sasqui Win User

TPU - How to search inbox messages?

I want to search for a text string in my inbox messages. I goto my inbox, click search and the search is for forum posts only. I click "More..." and only get options again to search forums.

Is there some way to search inbox/sent messages only?

Sasqui, Jul 14, 2018
  3. VeselkaM Win User
    Sorting in Linked Inbox

I have exactly the same problem. I have two accounts linked, one is Hotmail account (through in usmej.se domain), one is IMAP account. Messages from IMAP account are all listed below the messages from Hotmail account (even the new incomming ones). This only
    afects "all" tab, "unread" tab has correct order. I have OS version 7.10.8107.79.

I was able to find the cause of this problem. It was message in my IMAP account (the one ordered wrong at the end of the list). I found this by moving messages in my IMAP account to different folder and back using Outlook. The message causing this problem
    contains 49 images (50kB each) with long subject (subject contains names of all images, so cca 700 characters long).

This message is NOT listed in the list of messages in the linked inbox. It does not show up.

When I move this message out of my inbox folder in Outlook and sync my WP7, messages in linked inbox are ordered correctly. When I move the message back to inbox folder and sync WP7, messages in linked inbox are ordered incorrectly.

So if you have this problem, try to find message with many attachments or long subject in the account, which is ordered incorrectly. You must find this message using web or Outlook, becouse it will not show up in your WP7. Then delete it.

VeselkaM, Jul 14, 2018
  4. Why do my thousands of messages in my Linked Inbox stay there when I hit Ctrl+A then...

Linked inboxes

Linked inboxes

As MS identifies the source of calendar entries with different colours, could they please do the same with sources for linked inboxes? Its a simple change and would tie the user experience together nicely.

As an extra "nice to have" could they also add a few morew filtered views in the inbox to include "work" email (all linked inboxes identified as work) and "personal" email (facebook, outlook, linkedIn etc). Let the user choose what they classify as belonging
    to work/personal when they setup/link the inbox. Swiping through those filtered lists inside the same inbox stops users having to go in and out of the linked inbox and provides another powerful way to communicate. You do this with other filtered views such
    as unread or flagged etc so again it unifies the experience and gives the user more choice.

Thanks for listening.

Alec Spyrou, Jul 14, 2018
Thema:

Why do my thousands of messages in my Linked Inbox stay there when I hit Ctrl+A then...

1. Why do my thousands of messages in my Linked Inbox stay there when I hit Ctrl+A then... - Similar Threads - Why thousands messages

2. Occasional BSOD when hitting Ctrl-Alt-Del

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Occasional BSOD when hitting Ctrl-Alt-Del: Im slighlty concerned about an infrequent BSOD problem that has occured a few times 3 or 4 times? over past 1-2 months. It only ever happens when im playing a games and press Ctrl-Alt-Del to get to the desktop. When this does happen, the BSOD display only lasts a few seconds,...
  3. Inbox messages disappear

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Inbox messages disappear: When I press inbox icon on Outlook in Windows 11 on laptop messages appear, then disappear. If I access them on iPhone I can see them. Each time that I press the inbox icon they will appear again for around 5 seconds then disappear again. * Moved from Community Center...
  4. Inbox messages disappear

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Inbox messages disappear: When I press inbox icon on Outlook in Windows 11 on laptop messages appear, then disappear. If I access them on iPhone I can see them. Each time that I press the inbox icon they will appear again for around 5 seconds then disappear again. * Moved from Community Center...
  5. Why does my pc shut off when i hit a key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does my pc shut off when i hit a key: My pc shuts off when i hit insert key WHY https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-does-my-pc-shut-off-when-i-hit-a-key/bc569c22-3ba4-4659-8f3b-3b80b1156e25
  6. Why does my pc shut off when i hit a key

Why does my pc shut off when i hit a key: My pc shuts off when i hit insert key WHY https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-does-my-pc-shut-off-when-i-hit-a-key/bc569c22-3ba4-4659-8f3b-3b80b1156e25
  7. When Reading My Messages Using The Mail & Calendar App. Why Do I Have To View The Link...

When Reading My Messages Using The Mail & Calendar App. Why Do I Have To View The Link...: Hi, One of the features I don't like when I'm using the actual mail & calendar app in windows 10 is the fact that in the current message That I'm wanting to read if I move my mouse pointer over certain areas of the message a popup box shows up that contains the link...
  8. Message inbox

Message inbox: my cloud inbox wont open in my windows account????? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/message-inbox/37015700-0b81-4f05-a041-c76e3ae7d030
  9. Is this a legitimate message that came to my gmail inbox?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Is this a legitimate message that came to my gmail inbox?: Is this a legitimate message that came to my gmail inbox? Critical security alert to me [img] [ATTACH] StanXXXX [ATTACH] [ATTACH] Sign-in attempt was blocked L: stanXXXX@gmail.com Someone just used your password to try to sign in to your account. Google blocked them,...
  10. Why is there ads in my inbox.

Why is there ads in my inbox.: Ads showing up in my inbox like emails. Completely unacceptable.[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-outlook_mail/why-is-there-ads-in-my-inbox/0937f234-aa35-4bc3-9c7f-94038ca87748