Windows 10: Why do my USB drive and SD card show up twice under "My Computer"?

Discus and support Why do my USB drive and SD card show up twice under "My Computer"? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Re: Windows 10 version number 2004 (OS Build 19041.685): [img] I don't see anything strange about my partitions: [img] The PC works fine, but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Al Nonymous, Jan 12, 2021.

1. Why do my USB drive and SD card show up twice under "My Computer"?

Re: Windows 10 version number 2004 (OS Build 19041.685):

Why do my USB drive and SD card show up twice under "My Computer"? [​IMG]

I don't see anything strange about my partitions:

The PC works fine, but these double listings are confusing. What am I missing? - Thanks

:)

Al Nonymous, Jan 12, 2021

2. SD card drive appearing twice?

Can somebody explain why the SD card drive E: is appearing twice on the left column?

Thanks for your help!

cottonball, Jan 12, 2021
  3. uzier Win User
    Windows asks to format USB Drive when SD card is inserted

I have SD card with Raspbian OS on it. When I insert the card using the card reader adapter, Windows asks me to format the E:\ drive, and it shows two different drives where it supposed to be just one (the boot with Raspbian OS on it). Recently it also shows the message: "Location is not available E:\ is not accessible. The parameter is incorrect." but the boot is on I:\ drive and this E:\ drive should not even exist.

- When I format E:\ drive it shows empty E:\ drive and full boot on I:\ drive. When I eject the boot drive, both drives disappear, however, the I:\ (boot) drive is no longer working properly. (does not boot the OS on raspberry pi)

- When I reinsert the SD card it does not show me any errors. When I then format the SD card (I:\) boot drive, the E:\ drive disappears and I'm left just with I:\ drive. (when I put fresh Raspbian on I:\ drive, the error to format E:\ shows up again)

- When I put some files onto the SD card it does not seem to show any other drives when I eject and reinsert.

It is only happening when I have an image located on the SD card.

I tried:

• Different USB ports
    • Different SD card readers / adapters
    • chkdsk /F /R /X I: (from the command line)
    • chkdsk /F /R /X E: (from the command line (is says that the file system is RAW))

uzier, Jan 12, 2021
  4. Why do my USB drive and SD card show up twice under "My Computer"?

USB Drive showing up twice.

Why are my USB and SD card drives are showing twice in File Explorer in Windows 10? How can I fix it? Please help.

RamonePearson, Jan 12, 2021
Thema:

Why do my USB drive and SD card show up twice under "My Computer"?

1. Why do my USB drive and SD card show up twice under "My Computer"? - Similar Threads - Why USB drive

2. USB to SD Card reader not showing up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB to SD Card reader not showing up: Hello,I have a USB to SD card reader for a memory stick from my camera. I am trying to connect it to my computer so I can download the media on it. I have a windows surface pro 7 laptop. Everytime I connect the USB through the port, nothing shows up on my computer. I have...
  3. USB to SD Card reader not showing up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    USB to SD Card reader not showing up: Hello,I have a USB to SD card reader for a memory stick from my camera. I am trying to connect it to my computer so I can download the media on it. I have a windows surface pro 7 laptop. Everytime I connect the USB through the port, nothing shows up on my computer. I have...
  4. SD CARD NOT SHOWING UP IN MY PC.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SD CARD NOT SHOWING UP IN MY PC.: Hi, am Sudhanshu, few days back I removed my SD card from my phone and inserted it into my computer and again removed it from my computer and inserted it into my phone I did this again and again for 3-4 times but in 5th time when I inserted my SD card I doesn't showed up into...
  5. why is my sd card "type" a usb drive?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why is my sd card "type" a usb drive?: hello. my sd card that im using, in properties, says that in type is a "usb drive". im trying to change it back to sd card, but i cant figureout how. im using windows 11....
  6. why is my sd card "type" a usb drive?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    why is my sd card "type" a usb drive?: hello. my sd card that im using, in properties, says that in type is a "usb drive". im trying to change it back to sd card, but i cant figureout how. im using windows 11....
  7. Why do my USB drive and SD card show up twice under "My Computer"?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Why do my USB drive and SD card show up twice under "My Computer"?: Re: Windows 10 version number 2004 (OS Build 19041.685): [img] I don't see anything strange about my partitions: [img] The PC works fine, but these double listings are confusing. What am I missing? - Thanks 172150
  8. Why is my SD card showing up twice in File Explorer?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Why is my SD card showing up twice in File Explorer?: In the left pane here: [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-is-my-sd-card-showing-up-twice-in-file/d185a45d-db75-48ce-8fae-8095182c19c1"
  9. Why do my drives show twice?

Why do my drives show twice?: Can someone explain why my attached drives show twice? I only had this happen on one USB drive before the Windows 10 recent update, but now both external drives are repeated twice! (See attached) 30151
  10. SD card drive appearing twice?

SD card drive appearing twice?: Can somebody explain why the SD card drive E: is appearing twice on the left column? Thanks for your help! 63604