Windows 10: Why do my Video Icons no longer show Thumbnail of video?

Discus and support Why do my Video Icons no longer show Thumbnail of video? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hiya! Please help. Initially, my video icons in Explorer would appear as thumbnails of the video they represented. What I mean is, "La La Land.mp4",... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by RadCazz, Nov 26, 2017.

1. RadCazz Win User

Why do my Video Icons no longer show Thumbnail of video?

Hiya! Please help. Initially, my video icons in Explorer would appear as thumbnails of the video they represented. What I mean is, "La La Land.mp4", for example, would show as a rectangular snapshot of the video. But now, all my video icons are this standard default as seen here in this snap:

Why do my Video Icons no longer show Thumbnail of video? [​IMG]

It's not a biggie. Videos play, but I kinda liked the way they appeared before.

Does anyone know how to fix this?

Thank you.

*Note I used a 3rd party app, called "BoostSpeed" that has a Win 10 Tweaker option. When run, it 'streamlines' Win 10 to supposedly run faster by applying a number of settings.
    I am probably wrong, but I think one of the changes made may have disabled the video icons displayed as a thumbnail in order for explorer windows to open faster? That's the best I can come up with.

What do you think?

:)

RadCazz, Nov 26, 2017
  2. 21 JSTU Win User

Video thumbnails

Why did my Video thumbnails disappear and icon cache will not rebuild?

21 JSTU, Nov 26, 2017
  3. T.A.H. Win User
    I don't get pictures of my videos anymore on the thumbnail.

For some unknown reason, any new videos I save to my computer doesn't show previews anymore, but my old video files still have their previews.

1) Always show icons, never thumbnails is unchecked

2) Performance options have 'Adjust for Best Appearance' checked

Can anyone tell me why video previews would stop working all of a sudden?

T.A.H., Nov 26, 2017
  4. DaddyG Win User

DaddyG, Nov 26, 2017
  5. Yes, a good guess, disabling thumbnail previews disables it, you should try that first.

Enable or Disable Thumbnail Previews in File Explorer in Windows 10 Customization Tutorials

You can also install Download K-Lite Codec Pack Basic

TairikuOkami, Nov 26, 2017
  6. RadCazz Win User
    Thanks to both of you! I read and printed the Windows 10 Customization Tutorial, by Brink, and it helped a lot. I downloaded K-Lite as well. I kinda like what I read about BabelSoft Media Preview and I'm going to go with that. What I find amazing is that it even does thumbnails for video files not supported by explorer, like FLV! Wow! I truly had no idea before. You guys made my day.

I'm currently ripping my collection to mp4 with the hopes of one day making a server to my devices, like smartPhone and smartTV. Any further help would be greatly appreciated- I'm knew at this >_<

RadCazz, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Why do my Video Icons no longer show Thumbnail of video? - Similar Threads - Why Video Icons

2. Video thumbnails are not showing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Video thumbnails are not showing: I built a new computer back in April last year and had Windows 11 installed on it. Everything was working fine except for the fact that for some reason the system would not show any thumbnail previews of any of my video files. That includes MP4s, MKVs, or even older formats...
  3. Video thumbnails are not showing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Video thumbnails are not showing: I built a new computer back in April last year and had Windows 11 installed on it. Everything was working fine except for the fact that for some reason the system would not show any thumbnail previews of any of my video files. That includes MP4s, MKVs, or even older formats...
  4. My video thumbnails dont show

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My video thumbnails dont show: My video thumbnails dont show. Over a month ago this started happening but i didnt pay much attention. Now every video thumbnail doesnt show. I tried fixing it with everything. Going into the registry, advanced settings etc. Do you think that it is some kind of glitch in...
  5. Video Thumbnails not showing with 2K Video

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Video Thumbnails not showing with 2K Video: I've recently started to take videos with my phone in 2k NOT 1080p & since doing so the thumbnail of the file is not showing But it still does on the 1080p video files. ? is this a bug in Windows or something to do with my PC? Running windows 10Any help would be appreciated...
  6. Video Thumbnails not showing with 2K Video

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Video Thumbnails not showing with 2K Video: I've recently started to take videos with my phone in 2k NOT 1080p & since doing so the thumbnail of the file is not showing But it still does on the 1080p video files. ? is this a bug in Windows or something to do with my PC? Running windows 10Any help would be appreciated...
  7. Video Thumbnails not showing with 2K Video

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  8. Video thumbnails not showing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Video thumbnails not showing: Hi all, so I have a strange issue with thumbnails for video files not showing - it's just the Film & TV icon. This happens ONLY for video files - pictures thumbnails show up just fine. The videos are typical MP4 files H264 encoding and play perfectly fine in the Film & TV...
  9. Video Thumbnails not showing. Pics do.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Video Thumbnails not showing. Pics do.: Installed a fresh new version original copy of Win 10 and I am having a hard time seeing Video thumbnails, while pic thumbnails come up without issues. Fixed in the settings: Always show icons, never thumbnails - Show thumbnails instead of icons. Downloaded and used without...
  10. Why the video thumbnails are not showing ?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Why the video thumbnails are not showing ?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/srrahman [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/glhazv/why_the_video_thumbnails_are_not_showing/

Users found this page by searching for:

1. why my icons on windows dont show thumbnails anymore

2. Why my fly explorer is showing video player icon at the video icon

3. why did my thumbnail suddenly stop showing on facebook