Windows 10: Why do my wifi connections get broken when I do an OS update

Discus and support Why do my wifi connections get broken when I do an OS update in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I upgraded to windows 11 last year on my laptop, and every time I update, one or more of my wifi connections get corrupted or broken. Pain in the ****,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Graeme666, Aug 13, 2022.

1. Graeme666 Win User

Why do my wifi connections get broken when I do an OS update

I upgraded to windows 11 last year on my laptop, and every time I update, one or more of my wifi connections get corrupted or broken. Pain in the ****, spend hours renewing IPs and password changes, resetting modems etc. So today 4th time for updating did update yesterday, and I could not connect to wifi at home. At home, I don't care if I have time, but when I'm at uni, and I don't have access to the router or modems, this is a huge pain in the #ss. So I sit here dreading tomorrow that I'll spend my first hour or two trying to connect my Wi-Fi.The error I get from the troubleshooter is IP a

:)

Graeme666, Aug 13, 2022

2. wifi connection problem

Hi,

To better assist you with the WiFi connection issue, please answer the following questions:

• Are your other devices able to connect to the same WiFi connection and working fine?
    • Have you tried to restart your WiFi router?
    • Which OS build version is currently running to your phone?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps that you've tried so far?

Regards.

Gerald Mal, Aug 13, 2022
  3. wabbles Win User
    When will the wifi connectivity problems be solved?

OK, so the Windows 10 engineers bollixed up the wifi connectivity part of the operating system. Everybody knows that by now. It seems they are making some progress in resolving it. Now, instead of seeing "Secured, No Internet" on your list of wifi connections, you see "Connected, Secured" EXCEPT no webpages will load. So you really aren't connected. It does seem to be a step in the right direction. Does anybody know when they plan on a full and complete repair of this screw up of epic proportions?

wabbles, Aug 13, 2022
  4. XNam360 Win User

Can't connect to wifi after Windows Update

I have now tried all of the suggested steps at least twice.

The only instance of seemingly achieving any progress was the first time I performed a clean boot, when the wifi connection actually worked. But after that, I tried following the steps to isolate the problem and then after restarting the computer, all of
    my wireless features have disappeared again. I have tried repeating the entire sequence of steps again, but the wifi hasn't worked again. It just worked that one time, but I don't know why it was different that time.

I have been trying to fix this for over 11 hours, but haven't been able to connect back to wifi.

I would like to know if rolling back the Windows Update is an option and, if so, how to do that and how to prevent Windows from updating again.

XNam360, Aug 13, 2022
Thema:

1. Why do my wifi connections get broken when I do an OS update - Similar Threads - Why wifi connections

2. Why do I keep getting BSOD when I am on my school's WIFI connection?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why do I keep getting BSOD when I am on my school's WIFI connection?: I keep experiencing BSOD when I am hooked on my school's WIFI connection. I tried reinstalling my Windows and it did not help at all. I have a LENOVO Yoga Slim 7, AMD Radeon Graphics and RYZEN 4000 series 7.BSOD is frequent when I am using powerpoint but sometimes my laptop...
  3. Why do I keep getting BSOD when I am on my school's WIFI connection?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why do I keep getting BSOD when I am on my school's WIFI connection?: I keep experiencing BSOD when I am hooked on my school's WIFI connection. I tried reinstalling my Windows and it did not help at all. I have a LENOVO Yoga Slim 7, AMD Radeon Graphics and RYZEN 4000 series 7.BSOD is frequent when I am using powerpoint but sometimes my laptop...
  4. How do i fix my broken Connection?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do i fix my broken Connection?: Well, my PC is kinda bugging out. It says I have no Internet connection but it works perfectly fine. It wouldnt be a big problem if I could use the windows apps like the store, or the support/feedback app. And as if this was not enough, I cant even install updates, because it...
  5. How do i fix my broken Connection?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do i fix my broken Connection?: Well, my PC is kinda bugging out. It says I have no Internet connection but it works perfectly fine. It wouldnt be a big problem if I could use the windows apps like the store, or the support/feedback app. And as if this was not enough, I cant even install updates, because it...
  6. How do i fix my broken Connection?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. Why do my wifi connections get broken when I do an OS update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why do my wifi connections get broken when I do an OS update: I upgraded to windows 11 last year on my laptop, and every time I update, one or more of my wifi connections get corrupted or broken. Pain in the ****, spend hours renewing IPs and password changes, resetting modems etc. So today 4th time for updating did update yesterday,...
  8. Why do I have to reset my connection for WiFi but not for a hotspot?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Why do I have to reset my connection for WiFi but not for a hotspot?: I’ve been using a hotspot for nearly two weeks in Windows 10, but suddenly I keep needing to reset the adapter when the internet was connected. I’m not sure if I need to ask this on the HP forum....
  9. How do i connect to my wifi

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do i connect to my wifi: hi i currently cant connect to my wifi i tried everything i used command prompt i checked similar problems on youtube i followed along but to no avail can this also be a virus or trojan of some sort please help me i have school in 1 hour...
  10. How do i connect to my wifi

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How do i connect to my wifi: hi i currently cant connect to my wifi i tried everything i used command prompt i checked similar problems on youtube i followed along but to no avail can this also be a virus or trojan of some sort please help me i have school in 1 hour...