Windows 10: Why do my Windows 10 System Restore points keep disappearing?

Discus and support Why do my Windows 10 System Restore points keep disappearing? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have recently done a complete clean install of Windows 10 x64 and everything seems to working fine except that System Restore points always vanish... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by John-Val Rose, Aug 18, 2019.

1. Why do my Windows 10 System Restore points keep disappearing?

I have recently done a complete clean install of Windows 10 x64 and everything seems to working fine except that System Restore points always vanish within a few hours of them being created. I created one just after completing the installation but that and all the other more recent ones have disappeared.

What could be causing this? I allocated 10% of the disk space on my 1TB SSD system drive for system restore so I don't think it's a capacity issue.

:)

John-Val Rose, Aug 18, 2019

2. System Restore Point Disappeared

Performed all steps you recommended. It didn’t help. Created restore point disappeared in about half an hour. The following message appeared: “No restore points have been created on your computer system drive”.

MichaelShvartsman, Aug 18, 2019
  3. Anne Ros Win User
    Windows 10 System Restore Show More Restore Points Box Missing and Restore Points Being Deleted or Missing

Hi Steven,

There are several reasons why the Show more restore points check box is missing. Some of these are the following:

• You run out of disk space on the system drive or on any one of the available non-system drives, and System Restore stops responding and stops monitoring your system.
    • You manually turn System Restore off.
    • You upgrade from one operating system to another or you reinstall the operating system

In your case, as you have reinstalled Windows, it's possible that all restore points are deleted, that's why the
    Show more restore points check box is not appearing. Did you delete all the partitions when you reinstall Windows? If yes, then all the manually and automatically created restore points will disappear. For further isolation of the issue, we suggest that
    you create a new restore point and monitor if it will disappear in a few days just like the others.

We'll wait for your response.

Anne Ros, Aug 18, 2019
  4. Why do my Windows 10 System Restore points keep disappearing?

System Restore Point Disappeared

Every time I created System Restore Point in Windows 10 (version 1607) it disappeared after a couple of hours.

MichaelShvartsman, Aug 18, 2019
Thema:

Why do my Windows 10 System Restore points keep disappearing?

1. Why do my Windows 10 System Restore points keep disappearing? - Similar Threads - Why System Restore

2. System Restore Points Disappear

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    System Restore Points Disappear: I am on Win 10 64 V 20043. On my Lenovo laptop I recently had a major problem with no Audio suddenly-Synaptics Audio. I did get it fixed on 17 December and promptly created a System restore point. I also did another Restore point a few days later. The dreaded Audio...
  3. System Restore Points disappeared

System Restore Points disappeared: I reinstalled Windows 10, and Configured System Restore to "Turn on system protection," and set Max Usage to 260 GB. Then I created a System Restore Point after each installation of software Chrome, Office, Zoom, Deluge. I shut down and restarted Windows. I periodically...
  4. System Restore Point Disappeared [Solved]

System Restore Point Disappeared [Solved]: System Restore Point Disappeared after a few hours of creating it. After a thorough investigation, I found it was the Carbonite cloud backup program actually its service that was responsible for that. Disabling the service or uninstalling the program resolved the issue....
  5. System restore points (all) disappear

in Windows 10 Support
    System restore points (all) disappear: Hi everyone: New laptop. It seems for no reason i can find that all of my system restore point suddenly disappear daily and at no specific time. For no reason. I've even tried to task make automatically make restore points, i've stopped using clean up programs thinking that...
  6. Restore Points keep disappearing

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Restore Points keep disappearing: Hello Everyone, I've read some other threads here about system restore points missing or being deleted - but I haven't noticed an accepted solution or possible troubleshooting tips that have helped. I have a new Dell Inspiron (see specs under avatar) that I purchased 3...
  7. Why my restore points are disappearing?

Why my restore points are disappearing?: Today, I have seen that one windows restore point, the oldest (but only have 10 days) have disappeared. I have enough dedicated disk space for the restore points (yesterday, I had 11.4 Gb occupied of 23 Gb dedicated to restore system), no new one created, I don't have any...
  8. Why do my system restore points keep getting deleted?

Why do my system restore points keep getting deleted?: My system restore points are frequently deleted without my consent... does anyone know why this takes place and how to fix it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-do-my-system-restore-points-keep-getting/07c745d2-eab7-4822-bb49-5a4bbada1257
  9. System Restore Disappeared, Its There But No Restore Points

System Restore Disappeared, Its There But No Restore Points: My system restore points have disappeared, I am running windows 10 on a laptop with office 365 and I was trying to get my one drive to sign in. I went into the system restore and I purposely added restore points since I was doing some updates over the weekend and not one...
  10. Why do my restore points keep vanishing?

Why do my restore points keep vanishing?: I have just done a clean install of W10 64 bit and as I loaded drivers for old printers and my soundcard I created restore points for the c: drive so if I had issues I could unwind. Now I discover they are all gone! Even one I did earlier today. The deleting of my restore...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. system restore points keep disappearing

2. why do system restores disappear