Windows 10: Why do my windows' positions reset upon startup?

Discus and support Why do my windows' positions reset upon startup? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; On and off, there are periods where the windows that run on startup will start where I last put them. Otherwise, they sometimes start up in a big, ugly... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Micah Juengel, Jan 22, 2020.

1. Why do my windows' positions reset upon startup?

On and off, there are periods where the windows that run on startup will start where I last put them. Otherwise, they sometimes start up in a big, ugly mess in the center of my main monitor. Is there a setting to make that stop? Is there any particular reason it keeps coming and going?

:)

Micah Juengel, Jan 22, 2020
  2. Avedis53 Win User

Can't get GPU-Z to start with Windows 8.1 startup

I'm not sure how to do that. Could you list the steps for a noob?

Avedis53, Jan 22, 2020
  3. Kreij Win User
    Adding programs to startup with Windows 7?

You could add entries to the registry to launch the apps on startup, but it's easier to just add them to the startup foler as Newt suggested.

Kreij, Jan 22, 2020
  4. Why do my windows' positions reset upon startup?

Windows 10 reset failures. Computer won't boot now and getting frustrated.

Hi Alfred,

To help you with your concern regarding the reset failure, let me suggest you to do a startup repair. Kindly follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key
    • Hold Shift key then click Restart
    • You'll be prompted to the Advance Startup Options
    • Select Troubleshoot
    • Advanced options
    • Startup repair

Please let us know how it goes for us to assist you further.

Virfranz Man, Jan 22, 2020
Thema:

Why do my windows' positions reset upon startup?

1. Why do my windows' positions reset upon startup? - Similar Threads - Why windows' positions

2. Why do my monitor settings keep resetting on startup?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why do my monitor settings keep resetting on startup?: I just built a new computer and every time I turn on my computer the monitors have reset. I have to go to display setting and change monitor 1 location from the left side to the right. I also have to go and change both of the monitors hz rate.Monitors: M27Q on display port...
  3. Why do my monitor settings keep resetting on startup?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why do my monitor settings keep resetting on startup?: I just built a new computer and every time I turn on my computer the monitors have reset. I have to go to display setting and change monitor 1 location from the left side to the right. I also have to go and change both of the monitors hz rate.Monitors: M27Q on display port...
  4. Why do instances of Command Prompt open and close upon system startup?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why do instances of Command Prompt open and close upon system startup?: This only happened once. When I entered my home screen, three instances of CMD Command Prompt started and instantly closed consecutively.I was messing with my audio drivers before restarting my system and my PC needed an update at the time, so I hope that might have had...
  5. Why do instances of Command Prompt open and close upon system startup?

Why do instances of Command Prompt open and close upon system startup?: This only happened once. When I entered my home screen, three instances of CMD Command Prompt started and instantly closed consecutively.I was messing with my audio drivers before restarting my system and my PC needed an update at the time, so I hope that might have had...
  6. Windows Position is not able to be changed on startup. It is in the wrong position...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Position is not able to be changed on startup. It is in the wrong position...: After the last few upgrades The Windows position after startup is fixed in a position I do not like and I have to always reposition it after start up. I have gone online and tried all fixes suggested but none has worked so far. I have gone into settings etc. and tried all...
  7. Windows Position is not able to be changed on startup. It is in the wrong position...

Windows Position is not able to be changed on startup. It is in the wrong position...: After the last few upgrades The Windows position after startup is fixed in a position I do not like and I have to always reposition it after start up. I have gone online and tried all fixes suggested but none has worked so far. I have gone into settings etc. and tried all...
  8. Windows Position is not able to be changed on startup. It is in the wrong position...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  9. Why do my windows reset upon startup?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Why do my windows reset upon startup?: On and off, there are periods where the windows that run on startup will start where I last put them. Otherwise, they sometimes start up in a big, ugly mess in the center of my main monitor. Is there a setting to make that stop? Is there any particular reason it keeps coming...
  10. Taskbar position resetting

in Windows 10 Customization
    Taskbar position resetting: So, I recently got a new PC and I've just set everything up. Now, I always like to have my taskbar along the top of my screen, and that was of course one of the first things I did. But whenever I get automatically logged out after being away for too long, the taskbar resets...