Windows 10: Why do my windows reset upon startup?

Discus and support Why do my windows reset upon startup? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; On and off, there are periods where the windows that run on startup will start where I last put them. Otherwise, they sometimes start up in a big, ugly... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Micah Juengel, Jan 21, 2020.

1. Why do my windows reset upon startup?

On and off, there are periods where the windows that run on startup will start where I last put them. Otherwise, they sometimes start up in a big, ugly mess in the center of my main monitor. Is there a setting to make that stop? Is there any particular reason it keeps coming and going?

:)

Micah Juengel, Jan 21, 2020
  2. Avedis53 Win User

Can't get GPU-Z to start with Windows 8.1 startup

I'm not sure how to do that. Could you list the steps for a noob?

Avedis53, Jan 21, 2020
  3. Kreij Win User
    Adding programs to startup with Windows 7?

You could add entries to the registry to launch the apps on startup, but it's easier to just add them to the startup foler as Newt suggested.

Kreij, Jan 21, 2020
  4. Why do my windows reset upon startup?

Windows 10 reset failures. Computer won't boot now and getting frustrated.

Hi Alfred,

To help you with your concern regarding the reset failure, let me suggest you to do a startup repair. Kindly follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key
    • Hold Shift key then click Restart
    • You'll be prompted to the Advance Startup Options
    • Select Troubleshoot
    • Advanced options
    • Startup repair

Please let us know how it goes for us to assist you further.

Virfranz Man, Jan 21, 2020
Thema:

Why do my windows reset upon startup?

1. Why do my windows reset upon startup? - Similar Threads - Why reset upon

2. Why do my windows' positions reset upon startup?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Why do my windows' positions reset upon startup?: On and off, there are periods where the windows that run on startup will start where I last put them. Otherwise, they sometimes start up in a big, ugly mess in the center of my main monitor. Is there a setting to make that stop? Is there any particular reason it keeps coming...
  3. Error 3FO upon startup

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Error 3FO upon startup: Hello, I am posting this to see if anyone else has this same problem or a solution. Sometimes, upon startup, my computer will come up with the error 3FO, boot device not found or no OS installed. After about 15-20 minutes of leaving my computer turned off I can turn it back...
  4. WHY IS IT IMPOSSIBLE TO DO A FACTORY RESET????

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    WHY IS IT IMPOSSIBLE TO DO A FACTORY RESET????: This isnt ever going to be resolved for me. Maybe it has for other people, i guarantee i am the unluckiest person in the world when it comes to tech because nothing has ever worked the way it works for everyone else, EVER. Every “solution” that works for everyone else has...
  5. Icons rearange themselves upon startup

Icons rearange themselves upon startup: Each time I start my PC up all the icons in the bottom row of the desktop are thrown out of that row. I have seen the others say the issue is related to scaling and setting it to 124% fixes it, however I am on a large monitor (3840x2160) and setting to 124% scaling makes it...
  6. why do my custom mouse cursors/pointers keep resetting?

why do my custom mouse cursors/pointers keep resetting?: I have custom mouse cursors set that match the theme of my PC (black and red), but every time I turn my computer on they reset back to the default cursors, and when I go into the mouse settings to change them back, it says that I still have them set to my custom profile. is...
  7. Startup/reset

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Startup/reset: Hey, goodmorning or goodnight reader, I've been having problems starting my windows 10 Lenovo. When I turn on the laptop it tries to start up and says failed to do so, and when I tried to restart it, it says it could not restart it or something like that, and when I tried to...
  8. One of my windows 10 privacy settings reset upon rebooting my pc.

One of my windows 10 privacy settings reset upon rebooting my pc.: Hi, after reinstalling windows 10 on my computer about a week ago due to some issues I was having I've had this weird problem that the "turn background apps on/off" setting in the privacy tab keeps tunring on after I reboot the computer. I have most of the privacy settings...
  9. Why is Chrome in my Startup list?

in Browsers and Email
    Why is Chrome in my Startup list?: Lately when I turn on PC it goes thru the usual startup process, but then it opens Google Chrome to either a blank web page or a previously opened page? So I went to Task Manager > Start up and saw this? How did Chrome get into my Startup folder? Is it ok to simply delete...
  10. Clicking noises upon startup

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Clicking noises upon startup: just had this happen to me, was such a weird and distinct thing to hear that its was obvious it was coming from the PC. booted up PC about 10 mins ago and just as i was going to sit down on my chair i heard clicking noises maybe 3-5 times before it went away during mid...