Windows 10: Why do Office icons look like that? Before May 2020 update, they had an accent color on tiles.

Discus and support Why do Office icons look like that? Before May 2020 update, they had an accent color on tiles. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/LyfeFix [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gs2q0l/why_do_office_icons_look_like_that_before_may/ Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/LyfeFix, May 28, 2020.

1. Why do Office icons look like that? Before May 2020 update, they had an accent color on tiles.

/u/LyfeFix, May 28, 2020
  2. Hooch Win User

How to remove accent color from Start menu tiles only

I'm Windows 10 user (newest updates as of 2015.12.23).
    I would love to change my accent color to some bright color like yellow.

But this also changes background of tiles in Start menu. And that looks ugly and unreadable.

Is there any way to disable accent color for Start menu tiles?

Dark accent color:

Why do Office icons look like that? Before May 2020 update, they had an accent color on tiles. bmyaH.png

Bright accent color:

Why do Office icons look like that? Before May 2020 update, they had an accent color on tiles. 7uNiP.png

Hooch, May 28, 2020
  3. Florrian Win User
    Modify Microsoft Office Icons/Tiles

To modify both the icons and tiles of programs such as Microsoft Office suite, Mozilla Firefox and Thunderbird, it gets one step trickier than what I explained above. After having creating the shortcut toward the fake homonym app, you need to use Windows Tile Color Changer to change the tile background color. Just click "Change Tile Color" without selecting any to get the automatic background color (orange in my case).

Step by step:
    1. Go in Microsoft Office folder (C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office15 for Windows 10 and Office 15)
    2. Rename EXCEL.EXE in EXCEL2.EXE, or any other application whose icon you want to edit
    3. Create a new text document (or whatever you like) on your desktop, and give it the initial name of the Office application you are working on (EXCEL.exe here)
    4. Move the fake file into the Office folder
    5. Create a shortcut toward the fake application on your desktop, and change shortcut icon (you will not be able to do it anymore after step 6)
    5. bis Change tile background color using Windows Tile Color Changer
    6. Delete the fake file in the Office folder, and give the real Office program its original name
    7. Pin your new shortcut to your Start menu

And here is the result:

Why do Office icons look like that? Before May 2020 update, they had an accent color on tiles. [​IMG]

Florrian, May 28, 2020
  4. Why do Office icons look like that? Before May 2020 update, they had an accent color on tiles.

accent color

I have all the colors listed above. The shade of red is missing from above accent colors and is also missing from mine. I used to have the shade of red and like to get it back. I like to know how to update the driver of accent color in window 10.
    ty

MartyHariri, May 28, 2020
Thema:

Why do Office icons look like that? Before May 2020 update, they had an accent color on tiles.

1. Why do Office icons look like that? Before May 2020 update, they had an accent color on tiles. - Similar Threads - Why Office icons

2. Accent color issue with Office 365

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Accent color issue with Office 365: I am using Windows 11 home 21H2 and I'd like my Office 365 title bars to not be gray so I can more easily see them. It would make it much easier for me to see the windows to click and move them if they were a color.Currnet settings are Custom, default Windows mode is Dark,...
  3. Accent color issue with Office 365

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Accent color issue with Office 365: I am using Windows 11 home 21H2 and I'd like my Office 365 title bars to not be gray so I can more easily see them. It would make it much easier for me to see the windows to click and move them if they were a color.Currnet settings are Custom, default Windows mode is Dark,...
  4. Windows accent color not coloring tiles after recent update

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows accent color not coloring tiles after recent update: After installing the feature update version 20H2 the selected accent color wouldnt color the backgrounds of Start apps. It even shows the color in the example picture in the settings, but wont actually change the color of the tiles. Is there a solution for this? Also i...
  5. Taskbar accent colors (Opera icon)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Taskbar accent colors (Opera icon): [ATTACH] Hello guys! I saw some questions about accent colors here, and I hope that's ok to post this question in this sub. https://preview.redd.it/7chzzpsbdwd61.png?width=121&format=png&auto=webp&s=57f14c3a7577e9f3dbac503ed980944564a81c09 I noticed that Opera taskbar...
  6. Why are my start menu tiles looking like this?

Why are my start menu tiles looking like this?: So this is what two of my adobe programs look like in the start menu. https://i.imgur.com/JJM4ukH.png My Google Chrome tile used to be dark grey but I managed to fix that. However, I can't think of a solution for this one. It looks so ugly. Why does this happen in the...
  7. How do i repair accent color and tile menu color disparity?

How do i repair accent color and tile menu color disparity?: Hello, I've been looking around the internet the possibility of repairing app background color in windows start menu. I understand that UWP apps background on the start menu are not completely customizable, they are supposed to change background color with your selected...
  8. Suddenly Office tiles have different color that the rest tiles. Why?

Suddenly Office tiles have different color that the rest tiles. Why?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/DMGLMGMLG [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fzj0oc/suddenly_office_tiles_have_different_color_that/
  9. Office icons and tiles

Office icons and tiles: I just installed Windows 10. In the start menu, by default, there are live tiles for office apps like Outlook, PowerPoint, Word and some more. When you click some of these, they open up the online Office in a tab in Edge, because clearly, they aren't installed. The thing is,...
  10. Looks like AutoUpdate installed Office 2007 with the May 10 updates

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Looks like AutoUpdate installed Office 2007 with the May 10 updates: My computer had Office 365 installed, plus Visio 2016. Update history shows a whole bunch of Office 2007 updates on May 10. Control Panel - Programs and Features shows Office 2007 installed on May 10. I didn't do it. Word 2007 is now the default and converts files to its...