Windows 10: Why do only some documents show as SharePoint links on the Microsoft Timeline?

Discus and support Why do only some documents show as SharePoint links on the Microsoft Timeline? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I'm using Windows 10 and for some reason, only some documents are linked to my SharePoint on the Windows Timeline while others have the appropriate... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by RC368, Nov 8, 2021.

1. RC368 Win User

Why do only some documents show as SharePoint links on the Microsoft Timeline?

I'm using Windows 10 and for some reason, only some documents are linked to my SharePoint on the Windows Timeline while others have the appropriate directory path. I would like to eliminate the use of SharePoint links on my Timeline as it has me download the file instead of opening it from the appropriate location stored on my computer. Why does this occur and how do I fix it?

:)

RC368, Nov 8, 2021
  2. Ro_Turbo Win User

Timeline shows links to sharepoint instead of to the local file

My Windows 10 Task viewer (Timeline) suddenly starts showing me links to files on sharepoint instead of the local file which is on my laptop.

The file is on my laptop and synced via Onedrive to O365. After opening a file via the file explorer Timeline shows me the link to the sharepoint enviroment, this opens up a browser so I can download the file. But it's already on my device.

Anyone can help me?

Thnx!

Roderick

Ro_Turbo, Nov 8, 2021
  3. AndrewG38 Win User
    Timeline entries of local Office documents have links to OneDrive.com, not the local file

All of my local Office documents are synced through OneDrive. Timeline (usually) correctly shows my most recently open documents. However, very often instead of a link to the local version of the document, which is the version I am always working on, it
    provides a link to the online, OneDrive.com version, which opens in the browser. This is clearly the wrong behavior.

Amazingly, this problem does not exist in Android when using Microsoft Launcher's version of Timeline! All listed recently opened files open in their correct applications.

This issue has been brought up at least twice here:

Roy C.Padrick

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...wser-not/b7a2be59-e659-4b15-a59a-a0cbdbed424c

Ro_Turbo

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...ad-of-to/f18312d1-4a11-4833-9f98-fd8afcf7793d

There was effectively no response to either one.

I'm hoping to give it another go here. This is a very basic problem which makes Timeline almost useless for me.

Thank you,

Andrew

AndrewG38, Nov 8, 2021
  4. Why do only some documents show as SharePoint links on the Microsoft Timeline?

Timeline Activity not showing up

The timeline activity just won't show up on the timeline window. I always get "Use your PC more for activities."

I have enabled the settings required for timeline in Privacy > Activity History:

Let Windows collect my activities

Let Windows Sync my activities

Show activities from accounts

I also tried using regedit to add these variables in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\System

• EnableActivityFeed
    • PublishUserActivities
    • UploadUserActivities
    All the variables are set to 1, and are DWORD values. (as stated in this article http://www.thewindowsclub.com/timeline-feature-not-working-windows), to no effect.

Any more troubleshooting steps I can go through?

HiranmayaGundu, Nov 8, 2021
Thema:

Why do only some documents show as SharePoint links on the Microsoft Timeline?

1. Why do only some documents show as SharePoint links on the Microsoft Timeline? - Similar Threads - Why documents show

2. Can't access document on Microsoft link, only photos from my phone. What to do?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't access document on Microsoft link, only photos from my phone. What to do?: Ive enabled all the permission, yet i still have no idea to access my documents on my phones. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-access-document-on-microsoft-link-only-photos/cb31e4b6-8b48-4723-913d-48c671c3b3c1
  3. Can't access document on Microsoft link, only photos from my phone. What to do?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't access document on Microsoft link, only photos from my phone. What to do?: Ive enabled all the permission, yet i still have no idea to access my documents on my phones. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-access-document-on-microsoft-link-only-photos/cb31e4b6-8b48-4723-913d-48c671c3b3c1
  4. Some emails only show when doing a search

Some emails only show when doing a search: I have an "sbcglobal" email that on my computer will not show incoming emails for a period of time and then start again. For example I got several emails up to 8:04am. Then no new emails show in the inbox until 11:05 when new emails arrive. However, I know that I got email...
  5. Why do only some documents show as SharePoint links on the Microsoft Timeline?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Why do only some documents show as SharePoint links on the Microsoft Timeline?: I'm using Windows 10 and for some reason, only some documents are linked to my SharePoint on the Windows Timeline while others have the appropriate directory path. I would like to eliminate the use of SharePoint links on my Timeline as it has me download the file instead of...
  6. Why do only some documents show as SharePoint links on the Microsoft Timeline?

Why do only some documents show as SharePoint links on the Microsoft Timeline?: I'm using Windows 10 and for some reason, only some documents are linked to my SharePoint on the Windows Timeline while others have the appropriate directory path. I would like to eliminate the use of SharePoint links on my Timeline as it has me download the file instead of...
  7. Signing a sharepoint's word document

in Windows 10 Customization
    Signing a sharepoint's word document: When I add my signature to the word document, the name of my certificate is not friendly ("Signed by:" field). [ATTACH] Is there any idea how can I change it? I tried through the MMC Management console to change the friendly name but still it's writing the legal...
  8. Sharepoint links

Sharepoint links: We are new to Share point and want to make sure that when we send a link to a client they can definitely only see the documents in that link? I have been practising by sending a link / folder to my personal email address but from the link I can then go to all the other...
  9. Timeline entries of local Office documents have links to OneDrive.com, not the local file

Timeline entries of local Office documents have links to OneDrive.com, not the local file: All of my local Office documents are synced through OneDrive. Timeline (usually) correctly shows my most recently open documents. However, very often instead of a link to the local version of the document, which is the version I am always working on, it provides a link to the...
  10. Timeline shows links to sharepoint instead of to the local file

Timeline shows links to sharepoint instead of to the local file: My Windows 10 Task viewer (Timeline) suddenly starts showing me links to files on sharepoint instead of the local file which is on my laptop. The file is on my laptop and synced via Onedrive to O365. After opening a file via the file explorer Timeline shows me the link to...