Windows 10: Why do only some Store games ask which drive to install?

Discus and support Why do only some Store games ask which drive to install? in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; As the subject says... why does for example Forza Horizon 4 ask me which disk I want to install to; but not something else like the Resident Evil 7... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by NoDowt_Jay, May 16, 2021.

1. Why do only some Store games ask which drive to install?

As the subject says... why does for example Forza Horizon 4 ask me which disk I want to install to; but not something else like the Resident Evil 7 Demo?I know I can change the default location for all apps, however I'd really like to keep 'Apps' installed to C:\, but games to D:\...The only way to do this would be to have all apps & games ask which location which i don't seem to have a way to do, or change my default every time i install something... I'd definitely prefer the former...Am i missing something?

:)

NoDowt_Jay, May 16, 2021

2. Install Microsoft Store Game In Specific Folder

Hi,

I understand that you want to organize your Windows 10 storage location. However, the feature you're looking for is currently not possible. We suggest sending feedback to Microsoft using Feedback Hub app. You can visit this
    article to know more details about it.

Moreover, you could always choose a preferred location from the Store settings, or move installed content to a different drive. In case you have the OS installed on an SSD and have a dedicated drive for games, the feature will make it more convenient to
    download games to a dedicated drive before initiating the download.

You can follow the steps below on how to install Windows Store apps on a separate drive:

1. Open Settings.
    2. Click on System.
    3. Click on Storage.
    4. Under "Save locations," and on "New apps will save to," select the new drive location.

Once you completed the steps, new apps you download from the Windows Store will now install automatically in the new location.

If you need further assistance, don't hesitate to get back to us.

Michelle Vil, May 16, 2021
  3. MS Store Games

Hi Gene,

Thank you for keeping us updated on this query.

When you download a Game or an App from Windows Store, the location where the files and folders related to the Game or an App will be located in
    WindowsApps folder at Program Files which can be accessed from C: drive.

Step 1: You can search the Game or an App you downloaded using
    Cortana by following the steps below:

• Click on Start key on the Keyboard and type the game name in the search box. The downloaded game will show in the top most search result.
    • Click on the game and check if you can access the game.

Step 2: To pin the game on the taskbar, follow the steps below:

• Search for the game using Cortana by following the steps above.
    • Right click on the game and select Pin to Taskbar option.
    • Close the window and check if the game is pinned to taskbar.

We are happy to assist you with any issues pertaining to Windows.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, May 16, 2021
  4. Pavan_N Win User

Why do only some Store games ask which drive to install?

unable to re install game error code 0x80070426

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

Please answer these questions to assist you better.

• How exactly are you downloading game eg Store or browser?
    • Which game are you trying to download?
    • Are you able to install other games and apps?

I suggest you to install the game software in Compatibility mode by following the steps below and check if the issue is resolved.

Before installing the game in compatibility mode, I suggest you to delete all the game related files present in the system and proceed with the steps below.

Step 1: Compatibility mode runs the program in the current version of Windows using the settings from previous version of Windows.

• Locate and right-click on the game setup file on your PC and click on
      Properties.
    • Click on the compatibility tab, check the box
      Run this program in compatibility mode for
      , select Windows 10 operating system from the drop down menu and proceed with the installation. Once this is done,
      restart the computer for the effective changes to take place.

Step 2: Also refer the link below.

Why can't I find or install an app from the Windows Store?

I can't find or install an app from Microsoft Store

Applies to Windows 10

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Thanks

Pavan_N, May 16, 2021
Thema:

Why do only some Store games ask which drive to install?

1. Why do only some Store games ask which drive to install? - Similar Threads - Why Store games

2. Why aren't some of my Microsoft Store games launching?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why aren't some of my Microsoft Store games launching?: I'm currently operating on Windows 10. I have tried multiple times to launch certain games in my library. Back 4 Blood, Deep Rock Galactic, and Aliens: Fireteam Elite are three games that will not make it past the "Launching game" screen. I have tried multiple fixes, my...
  3. Why aren't some of my Microsoft Store games launching?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why aren't some of my Microsoft Store games launching?: I'm currently operating on Windows 10. I have tried multiple times to launch certain games in my library. Back 4 Blood, Deep Rock Galactic, and Aliens: Fireteam Elite are three games that will not make it past the "Launching game" screen. I have tried multiple fixes, my...
  4. Why are some games not available in my country's microsoft store?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why are some games not available in my country's microsoft store?: I went to buy yakuza 0 from the store but it wasnt available specifically in the Egyptian store, however yakuza 1 & 2 are available for me.you cant buy yakuza 8 but you can buy the how to play guide.So it shouldn't be licensing or censoring issue. This happened with a couple...
  5. Cant Install on D:/ Drive on some games?

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Cant Install on D:/ Drive on some games?: Hi there, im wondering if someone can help me. On the microsoft store, some games i am able to choose to install to my D:/ drive and some dont give me the option. Like for instance. Forza Horizon 4 - I can install to D Drive. Dragon Quest XI S: I cannot. I have done the...
  6. Which drive to install microsoft store apps to

Which drive to install microsoft store apps to: Hi team, I had to instal iTunes and I noticed that it opted for my main drive. I do not want to put it there. After som searchign I noticed I could move possably move the program. When I tried this I get error 0x80073d21. Why am I not asked where I want to install my...
  7. Why store does not see that the games are instaled?

Why store does not see that the games are instaled?: I had three games installed on the hard drive, all up to date. Then I did a system restore on the SSDthe game files are not here. Now when I search for the game in start, it does not show up. When I go to the store, it tries to install from the scratch even thought the files...
  8. Microsoft Store Games only work on external drives

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Store Games only work on external drives: I have been trying to install a few games from the Microsoft Store (e.g. Asphalt 9) onto my Windows 10 Pro laptop but if I install them onto the internal SSD, they won't open. They will only open if they are moved onto an external flash drive. Other apps which are installed...
  9. Microsoft Store Games only work on external drives

Microsoft Store Games only work on external drives: I have been trying to install a few games from the Microsoft Store (e.g. Asphalt 9) onto my Windows 10 Pro laptop but if I install them onto the internal SSD, they won't open. They will only open if they are moved onto an external flash drive. Other apps which are installed...
  10. windows store installing games to 2 drives

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows store installing games to 2 drives: Hi there, I have changed where to store games and apps in storage settings to an external drive, when installing apps from the windows store they are downloading to 2 drives.... the C drive and also the specified external drive. for example I have just downloaded forza...