Windows 10: Why do png icons suddenly start appearing on my desktop for no reason?

Discus and support Why do png icons suddenly start appearing on my desktop for no reason? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; This last few weeks for some reason Win 10 is creating mini png icons of any jpg I place on my desktop so now I am getting a duplicate, one of the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by buzbybixby, Dec 10, 2018.

1. Why do png icons suddenly start appearing on my desktop for no reason?

This last few weeks for some reason Win 10 is creating mini png icons of any jpg I place on my desktop so now I am getting a duplicate, one of the original jpg and one mini png icon of the picture.

It has never done this before and I have no explanation why it is happening.

Help!

:)

buzbybixby, Dec 10, 2018
  2. Paolo Mag Win User

My desktop icons move to a grid on the left for no reason

Hello,

If your icons are aligned to a grid, this means that the settings of your desktop are currently auto arranged and automatically aligned. Since you want to rearrange your desktop icons on however you like them, we suggest that you follow these steps:

• Right-click at a blank area on your desktop.
    • Hover on View.
    • In the right pane, look for Auto arrange icons. If it's checked, make sure to uncheck it.
    • Hover again on View.
    • This time, look for Align icons to grid. If it's checked, make sure to uncheck it.

After doing these steps, you'll be able to rearrange all your desktop icons again on how you want it.

Let us know how it goes and if you need further assistance, feel free to post back.

Paolo Mag, Dec 10, 2018
  3. Remove Linux Desktop Icons

I am not sure whether this will work (Ubuntu does not have icons like that on the desktop by default), but I suggest opening the trash bin and sweeping the icons into the window showing the trash bin.

Peter1986C, Dec 10, 2018
  4. Yolvi Ell Win User

Why do png icons suddenly start appearing on my desktop for no reason?

Black Icon Appeared on Desktop. House With Line Through it. Can't Click on it

Hi,

To isolate the cause of this icon that suddenly appeared, we just have a few questions:

• What is the make and model of your computer?
    • When did this icon start appearing?
    • Have you made any recent changes on your computer?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?
    Note: To find the make and model of your computer, type System Information in the
    Ask me anything bar.

Yolvi Ell, Dec 10, 2018
Thema:

Why do png icons suddenly start appearing on my desktop for no reason?

1. Why do png icons suddenly start appearing on my desktop for no reason? - Similar Threads - Why png icons

2. Why do random Icons appear on my Desktop icons?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Why do random Icons appear on my Desktop icons?: Please help me troubleshoot this issue: I've noticed that random icons occasionally appear over my desktop icons, as seen in the screenshot attached.This time, it happens to be the New World logo. Although it doesn't hinder my computer usage, it strikes me as unusual.If...
  3. Why do my Desktop icons appear so strange???

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why do my Desktop icons appear so strange???: Why do my Desktop icons appear like this every few days or whenever there is an update? Some look fuzzy and strange while other are almost non existent... just their titles remain...
  4. Why do my Desktop icons appear so strange???

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why do my Desktop icons appear so strange???: Why do my Desktop icons appear like this every few days or whenever there is an update? Some look fuzzy and strange while other are almost non existent... just their titles remain...
  5. Microsoft corporation icons appear as png image

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft corporation icons appear as png image: Hallo,I noticed that some of Microsoft corporation icons Calculator, Groove, Calendar ....etc has been changed to png image without knowing the reason.I would be grateful if anyone would help me to solveout this iusse RegardsNorman...
  6. Microsoft corporation icons appear as png image

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft corporation icons appear as png image: Hallo,I noticed that some of Microsoft corporation icons Calculator, Groove, Calendar ....etc has been changed to png image without knowing the reason.I would be grateful if anyone would help me to solveout this iusse RegardsNorman...
  7. Microsoft corporation icons appear as png image

8. Random drawings suddenly appearing on the background of png files

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Random drawings suddenly appearing on the background of png files: Random drawings have suddenly appeared on the background of my png files. It looks like MSPaint on the background of the images. I do not know if it's malware or a computer bug. The image below originally had a transparent, blank background, but then suddenly drawings...
  9. Why did my Desktop icons all suddenly appear on my tray?

Why did my Desktop icons all suddenly appear on my tray?: My tray now has every item that was on my desktop. I don't know what happened or how to correct the problem. My desktop still has all the icons folders, etc. Wondering if anybody can explain what happened and how to restore my situation to before the event?...
  10. my icon do not appear on my desktop on startup

my icon do not appear on my desktop on startup: icon do not appear on my desktop on startup https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-win_desk/my-icon-do-not-appear-on-my-desktop-on-startup/1fc35e8a-ad6f-4d27-a084-5c79b48d4065