Windows 10: Why do popup prompts have both OK and Apply

Discus and support Why do popup prompts have both OK and Apply in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi there after all these years Windows popup boxes still have cancel, OK and apply bars. I've never seen any application where apply does anything... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by jimbo45, Aug 21, 2018.

1. jimbo45 Win User

Why do popup prompts have both OK and Apply

Hi there

after all these years Windows popup boxes still have cancel, OK and apply bars.

I've never seen any application where apply does anything different from OK (if it does anything at all).

Anybody from development etc know why these options are still there or is this same basic easy piece of Windows code that has been carried on since Windows 3.0 days !!.

Cheers
    jimbo

:)

jimbo45, Aug 21, 2018

2. Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

The tutorials provided are just a list of troubleshooting steps. Use only the steps which apply to you.

Since none of the troubleshooting steps here worked, I'd suggest you do a Clean install.

John

AmericanPharaoh, Aug 21, 2018
  3. swat354 Win User
    Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

Thank you john for all of your help i decided to get the usb my computer came with and factory reset it i didnt have anything that personal or valueable so its ok thanks for the help though i appreciate it

swat354, Aug 21, 2018
  4. Why do popup prompts have both OK and Apply

Jsssssssss, Aug 21, 2018
Thema:

Why do popup prompts have both OK and Apply

1. Why do popup prompts have both OK and Apply - Similar Threads - Why popup prompts

2. Dell laptop not charging but both lead and battery are ok?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dell laptop not charging but both lead and battery are ok?: I have a Dell laptop and when I plug it in to charge the battery doesn't go up just down more slowly. I have checked batter health and its excellent and I know for a fact its not to do with the power outlet or charger as I have tried with multiple different that charge my...
  3. Dell laptop not charging but both lead and battery are ok?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Dell laptop not charging but both lead and battery are ok?: I have a Dell laptop and when I plug it in to charge the battery doesn't go up just down more slowly. I have checked batter health and its excellent and I know for a fact its not to do with the power outlet or charger as I have tried with multiple different that charge my...
  4. Both laptops can't connect to WiFi but mobile is ok

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Both laptops can't connect to WiFi but mobile is ok: Last night both laptops were working fine. But this morning both laptop failed to connect to wifi. Is this an updates issue? Because both laptops are Windows 10. If not how do I solve this problem? HELP PLEASE! MUCH APPRECIATED....
  5. Why Windows 10 Settings dialogs have no OK, Apply and Cancel buttons?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Why Windows 10 Settings dialogs have no OK, Apply and Cancel buttons?: I'm trying to re-gain the productivity i.e. speed of my computer to pre W10 W7 time. After doubling the memory of the PC a month or so ago, and still not getting near the speed I used to have, I ended up at "Background Apps" settings. I trust Apps are the same as Programs...
  6. Is there a way to have both powershell and command prompt in the WinX menu?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there a way to have both powershell and command prompt in the WinX menu?: I know you can toggle one or the other, but it would be nice to have both. submitted by /u/NiceShoesWannaDuck [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/i5enf6/is_there_a_way_to_have_both_powershell_and/
  7. Why do people at microsoft have a toxic behavior of not applying view settings to...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Why do people at microsoft have a toxic behavior of not applying view settings to...: I am trying to figure out how to apply a custom view of a library to its subfolder, but apparently people at Microsoft refuse to make this feature available to its users in windows 10, whereas it was available in windows 8, 7, vista and xp, and before.... It cannot be a bug,...
  8. Popup Windows prompt

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Popup Windows prompt: Annoying Windows screen prompts a PIN set up when I start PC. How can this be stopped. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/popup-windows-prompt/b38ec157-65d7-4711-adbf-5daf3a6a865f"
  9. Have popup taskbar on both monitors. How to turn off on 2nd monitor

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Have popup taskbar on both monitors. How to turn off on 2nd monitor: Just finished the upgrade from Win7-64 to Win10-64 & have an odd problem that I didn't have using Win7. I now have popup taskbars on both monitors. How do you turn off on 2nd monitor? *Confused 9555
  10. Always prompted for OK - Signed Java Applets

in Windows 10 Support
    Always prompted for OK - Signed Java Applets: Hey guy, I’m currently having some issues with Windows 10 and signed Java Applets. Usually when starting a signed Java Applet - no matter if starting inside a browser or as via JNLP/JavaWebStart – there is a warning prompt notifying if to run the application. There you...