Windows 10: Why do seemingly random buttons turn the Mute and Airplane Mode?

Discus and support Why do seemingly random buttons turn the Mute and Airplane Mode? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Why do seemingly random buttons turn the Mute and Airplane Mode? The keys also seem to take on other secondary functions. This is particularly... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Jbjay03, Aug 7, 2019.

1. Jbjay03 Win User

Why do seemingly random buttons turn the Mute and Airplane Mode?

Why do seemingly random buttons turn the Mute and Airplane Mode? The keys also seem to take on other secondary functions. This is particularly annoying and upsetting.

:)

Jbjay03, Aug 7, 2019

2. WINDOWS 10 AIRPLANE MODE AUTOMATICALLY TURNS

Hello,

Sorry for the delay in response.

Let us try the following steps, and check if it helps.

Step 1:

You can turn off aero plane mode from setting and check if it helps:

1. Go to settings.

2. Click on network.

3. Select flight mode and toggle to disable it.

4. After you tap or click the toggle to turn Airplane mode on or off, it can take your PC a few seconds to turn each wireless device on or off.

Step 2:

Try to Turn off Airplane Mode in Action Center and check the status.

1. Press Windows keys +A to open action center.

2. Click tap on airplane mode quick action button to toggle it on or off.

Step 3:

Try to turn off Airplane Mode in Network Notification Area Icon and check if that helps.

1. Click on network icon on the task bar.

2. Click/tap on aero plane icon to toggle it on or off.

Step 4:

If issue still persists, I suggest you to update the Wireless network drivers once again and check if it helps.

• Press Windows + X key together and select
      Device Manager.

• Locate the Network adapter and expand the driver icon.

• Look for Wireless driver and then right click and click on Update driver.

Hope it helps.

Let us know the status, we are glad to assist you further.

Abdul_Malik, Aug 7, 2019
  3. How to disable Airplane mode permanently on Windows 10?

Hi Hunky,

As you are facing issues with turning on or off Airplane on your device, do not worry we will help you with this issue.

Do let us know if you have made any changes to the operating system prior to this issue?

The option you are looking for to permanently disable Airplane mode is unfortunately not available.

Let us try few of the below troubleshooting steps to disable Airplane mode and check if it helps.

Step 1: To turn off Airplane mode from Settings and check.

• Press Windows key, click on Settings
      from the left pane.
    • Click on Network & Internet.
    • Under Airplane mode turn it off and check.

Step 2: To Turn On or Off Airplane Mode in Network Notification Area Icon

• Click on the Network icon in the taskbar notification area.

• Click on the Airplane mode button to toggle on or off.

Step 3: To Turn On or Off Airplane Mode in Action Center

• Open Action Center by clicking Windows + A keys from keyboard.

• Click on the Airplane mode quick action button to toggle on or off.

If the settings are not refining, this issue might have occurred due to corrupted/ missing system files.

Step 4: I suggest you to run SFC scan and check if it helps.

System File Checker is a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files. If a
    Windows Resource Protection (WRP) file is missing or is corrupted, Windows may not behave as expected.

Follow the below steps:

• Right click on the Start button, click on
      Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Type “sfc /scannow” without the quotes and hit
      Enter.
    • After the scan, restart the computer and check for the issue.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with updated status of disabling the Airplane mode for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Aug 7, 2019
  4. Why do seemingly random buttons turn the Mute and Airplane Mode?

Can't turn off airplane mode

Hi Robert,

Turning off Airplane mode should be done by one click/tap. However, for us to isolate the concern, can you provide us the answers to these questions:

• Are you using a computer or mobile phone?
    • What do you mean by "can't turn off airplane mode"?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried to resolve the concern?
    • Were there any changes made on your device prior to the issue?

If you're using a computer, we suggest that you check the answer of
    George JeffryChilders on August 24, 2015 in this
    link. There are 381 people that were helped by his answer.

We're looking forward to your response.

Carlos Tin, Aug 7, 2019
Thema:

Why do seemingly random buttons turn the Mute and Airplane Mode?

1. Why do seemingly random buttons turn the Mute and Airplane Mode? - Similar Threads - Why seemingly random

2. why I cant turn off airplane mode.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why I cant turn off airplane mode.: why I cant turn off airplane mode. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-i-cant-turn-off-airplane-mode/225c3ab7-4733-4deb-9b8c-07621f483605
  3. why I cant turn off airplane mode.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    why I cant turn off airplane mode.: why I cant turn off airplane mode. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-i-cant-turn-off-airplane-mode/225c3ab7-4733-4deb-9b8c-07621f483605
  4. why I cant turn off airplane mode.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Airplane mode turns on by itself

Airplane mode turns on by itself: I cannot connect to the internet because the airplane mode turns on by itself. It occurs when I turn my computer off then, when I turn it on, itswitches to air plane mode...
  6. Airplane mode keeps turning on

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Airplane mode keeps turning on: I have been stuck on the lock screen for sometime now because the airplane mode on my computer keeps turning on which makes whatever I type disappear and now I cant even enter my password to log in...
  7. Why can't I turn off airplane mode?

Why can't I turn off airplane mode?: Why can't I turn off airplane mode? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-cant-i-turn-off-airplane-mode/1234db98-00fb-40cb-8c37-9f79ed3534c5
  8. why cant i turn off airplane mode

in Windows 10 Customization
    why cant i turn off airplane mode: why cant i turn off airplane mode https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-cant-i-turn-off-airplane-mode/b617432a-1cde-494c-b6ab-03bc7fbcd812
  9. Turning off Airplane Mode

Turning off Airplane Mode: How do I turn off airplane mode on my computer, when the wifi/airplane mode icon on the taskbar does not work? (I have clicked on the wifi icon, then on "airplane mode", but nothing changes and cannot turn the mode off)....
  10. Airplane mode randomly turns on and off

Airplane mode randomly turns on and off: I'll be playing on the computer, doing whatever, and airplane mode will just turn on, then turn off. It's been happening for quite a while, but only recently has it become a huge issue.*Mad I have an MSI GE62 and Windows 10. As far as I can tell, nothing gets pressed to...