Windows 10: Why do so many unanswered threads get locked?/Scroll to bottom of page.

Discus and support Why do so many unanswered threads get locked?/Scroll to bottom of page. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Only reason I ask is I've noticed a lot of people over the years have asked how to scroll to the bottom of a long web page quickly, and nobody (from... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by coolcity2, Aug 17, 2018.

1. coolcity2 Win User

Why do so many unanswered threads get locked?/Scroll to bottom of page.

Only reason I ask is I've noticed a lot of people over the years have asked how to scroll to the bottom of a long web page quickly, and nobody (from the threads I looked at) seemed to know the answer.

It's actually quite simple, just tap the "End" button on your keyboard. That should take you to the end of the page. The "Home" button takes you straight back to the top. I added this question to the title of this post in case anyone was searching for it.

But back to the original question, I think it's odd that a thread gets locked when people are looking for answers and no answer has been given on the thread. It's also a pain that there doesn't seem to be a way to filter the search to look for threads that haven't been locked. Just a couple of thoughts rather than questions but I hope the "Scroll to bottom" advice is useful to somebody.

:)

coolcity2, Aug 17, 2018
  2. Rose Cal Win User

Page scrolling on its own

We appreciate your response. To troubleshoot your issue, we suggest that you follow these steps below on how to modify Touchpad Scrolling Settings.

• Go to Control Panel.
    • Click Mouse and choose Touchpad tab.
    • Locate the Scrolling Settings area within the touchpad properties tab. Adjust the settings to meet your needs.
    • Click OK.

Let us know if you need additional help.

Rose Cal, Aug 17, 2018
  3. remove scroll lock

How do you remove scroll lock from windows 10 on HP envy. The suggestions about pressing scroll lock on the onscreen keyboard haven't worked. Any other ideas would be appreciated . thanks

HelenGreen1, Aug 17, 2018
  4. Why do so many unanswered threads get locked?/Scroll to bottom of page.

What is smooth scrolling?

Hi Kenneth,

Smooth scrolling is a feature available in Internet Explorer that allows you to scroll through a web pages smoothly, as the name of the feature suggests. If this is turned off, when scrolling through a web page, you'll notice that the scroll
    bar slides down as if it's slightly delayed, but if this is turned on, the scroll bar slides down smoothly, without delay.

This is useful when scanning through long web pages or articles.

To turn on/off smooth scrolling, see the following steps:

• Open Internet Explorer, click the gear icon, and then click
      Internet
      Options.
    • Click on the Advanced tab.
    • Locate Use smooth scrolling, and tick the check box if you want it turned on/off.

Let us know if you have further questions.

Patricia Yu, Aug 17, 2018
Thema:

Why do so many unanswered threads get locked?/Scroll to bottom of page.

1. Why do so many unanswered threads get locked?/Scroll to bottom of page. - Similar Threads - Why many unanswered

2. Why do you keep locking threads?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why do you keep locking threads?: At the moment I have an issue with automatic update on Windows 10 slowing my computer to a crawl at an inconvenient time. There are threads concerning this, but I am unable to add this comment. You need to allow us to control when the updates happen, like it did on Windows 7....
  3. Why do you keep locking threads?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Why do you keep locking threads?: At the moment I have an issue with automatic update on Windows 10 slowing my computer to a crawl at an inconvenient time. There are threads concerning this, but I am unable to add this comment. You need to allow us to control when the updates happen, like it did on Windows 7....
  4. why is my page scrolling so weird?

in Windows 10 Customization
    why is my page scrolling so weird?: why is the page scrolling so erratic? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-is-my-page-scrolling-so-weird/b0a4780e-addb-49fc-8f32-7b92148aabaa
  5. Auto Scroll to bottom of page

in Windows 10 Customization
    Auto Scroll to bottom of page: Recently my computer has been scrolling to he bottom/end of the page when I am in Excel, pdf viewer, and windows settings. It does not do it on word or webpages. I have tried the mouse settings, new mouse, page lock..Seems to be a windows issue....
  6. Why are so many threads locked when no solution was posted, and hundreds of people have the...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Why are so many threads locked when no solution was posted, and hundreds of people have the...: Example: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-files-winpc/windows-10-error-you-dont-have-permission-to-open/91f0d6a8-1766-45a3-a2bd-afea3398cc13 Over and over I have an issue with Windows or MS Office apps. The only resource is...
  7. Unable to scroll down to bottom of page

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Unable to scroll down to bottom of page: I recently have been unable to scroll all the way down on pages. For instance, on a Reddit page of comments I get close to the bottom but can't get down far enough to click on the "back to top" bar. Also happens with email, when trying to forward I can't get down to the...
  8. Why do i get acces denied and why was my thread locked?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why do i get acces denied and why was my thread locked?: Bruh I have a complaint Why does my thread has to be locked i need help and that ambiossder wasn't even helping me I wasnt abusing also that was kinda rude i don't like your customer support Microsoft i i need to be betterr...
  9. Why are so many threads "Locked"?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Why are so many threads "Locked"?: Some, if not most, don't have working answers yet. What reasons are used in locking the treads? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-are-so-many-threads-locked/00e722d9-0a3a-42e2-92ef-fb05bf78281d
  10. Why so many repeat questions = "explorer will not refresh", why so many threads closed but...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Why so many repeat questions = "explorer will not refresh", why so many threads closed but...: So many people have the same issue, this is clear with so many of the same question. Dozens of Searches Why are threads closed when the issue is clearly not fixed? I found a quick fix = press F5, but that means you need to do this every time you delete or edit a file...