Windows 10: Why do some apps open on one monitor while others open on the other?

Discus and support Why do some apps open on one monitor while others open on the other? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have two monitors. All my apps used to open on the one designated as primary in Settings. A few months ago, some started opening on the secondary. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Involute, Jul 8, 2019.

1. Involute Win User

Why do some apps open on one monitor while others open on the other?

I have two monitors. All my apps used to open on the one designated as primary in Settings. A few months ago, some started opening on the secondary. I haven’t made any changes to my system, but who knows what Windows has been up to. Is there a way to make all of them open on the primary again?

:)

Involute, Jul 8, 2019
  2. Brink Win User

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. Why do some apps open on one monitor while others open on the other? :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Jul 8, 2019
  3. Edwin Win User
    Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hey Shawn,
    I did that to no avail, then I ran WSReset.exe; now I'm good on all 3, Mail, Calendar and People! *Confused
    Go figure!

Store Cache - Clear in Windows 8

Edwin, Jul 8, 2019
  4. Frick Win User

Hearthstone open beta

... is now open!

No wait, that's not the word.

The word is ASS.

Step 1. Download the client installer.

Step 2. The installer connects to the server, or at least tries to, overnight during which it just stops several times.

Step 3. Realize the installer is for the Battle.net unified launcher, and not Hearthstone as such.

Step 4. Install the Battle.net unified launcher. This may take a few hours, even after it's been downloaded as such, it's still just slow.

Step 4. Install Hearthstone. Wait for the app to crash a couple of times, wait for it to verify various stuff, then wait for the download to start.

Step 5. Wait for the download to finish. It is pretty quick actually, unless it just crashes.

Step 6. ASS

And no, I still have no compassion for the people bitching about EA servers.

Frick, Jul 8, 2019
Thema:

1. Why do some apps open on one monitor while others open on the other? - Similar Threads - Why apps open

2. Some apps don't make sounds, while others do.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Some apps don't make sounds, while others do.: So, in some apps I can hear sounds, while in others I can't. How do I fix that? I tried updating my drivers. NOTHING. How about switching headphones? NOTHING! What do I do? I can give an example on which apps make sound and which don't.Firefox is dead silent. No sound when I...
  3. Some apps don't make sounds, while others do.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Some apps don't make sounds, while others do.: So, in some apps I can hear sounds, while in others I can't. How do I fix that? I tried updating my drivers. NOTHING. How about switching headphones? NOTHING! What do I do? I can give an example on which apps make sound and which don't.Firefox is dead silent. No sound when I...
  4. Some apps don't make sounds, while others do.

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Microsoft store and other apps are not opening

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft store and other apps are not opening: This problem is with me since 1 year. The Microsoft store is not opening and other apps are also not opening like photos, camera, calendar, Office, Mail, Solitaire, Microsoft News, etc. It looks like thisAll the apps have turned blackish and when i click on them they donot...
  6. New App windows opening in other monitor

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    New App windows opening in other monitor: Hi, I am a software developer and am extremely busy. I have two monitors and Windows 10. It is extremely frustrating to have to chase new windows around when they open. I would like new app windows, for example Windows Explorer, aka File Explorer, to open in the monitor with...
  7. New App windows opening in other monitor

in Windows 10 Customization
    New App windows opening in other monitor: Hi, I am a software developer and am extremely busy. I have two monitors and Windows 10. It is extremely frustrating to have to chase new windows around when they open. I would like new app windows, for example Windows Explorer, aka File Explorer, to open in the monitor with...
  8. New App windows opening in other monitor

in Windows 10 Gaming
  9. Can't open Microsoft Word and some other Apps

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't open Microsoft Word and some other Apps: [ATTACH] For the past 2 days, I have not been able to open any of the Microsoft Office apps on my Dell Inspiron 5570 Laptop, which was recently reset after a crash followed by the blue screen of death. Now I have an assignment deadline coming up and this happens ( Added...
  10. Microsoft Store and some other apps are not opening (Stuck in update)

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft Store and some other apps are not opening (Stuck in update): Please refer below screenshots for the message that I receive when I try to open some MS apps. Issue - The apps that do not open appear as blurred icons as visible in Image 1. The message that I receive when I click on this is given in Image 2. A brief list of the apps...