Windows 10: Why do some .docx files show up as previews in folder thumbnails, and others don't?

Discus and support Why do some .docx files show up as previews in folder thumbnails, and others don't? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/PhilipTerryGraham [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/PhilipTerryGraham, Jan 24, 2020.

1. Why do some .docx files show up as previews in folder thumbnails, and others don't?

/u/PhilipTerryGraham, Jan 24, 2020

2. Previewing files

Hello DE906,

To better assist you with your concern, I'd like to know the following:

• Confirm which build is currently installed on your device. To check, follow the steps below:
    1. Press Windows key + R, then type in winver.
    2. Click OK.
    • Were there any recent changes made prior to this issue?
    • What is the PDF viewer that you're using?

Meanwhile, if you're using Adobe Acrobat; I'd recommend performing the steps in this
    article
    to enable thumbnail preview of PDF's in Windows Explorer.

Also, you can check this article
    for the .docx issue.

Looking forward to your response.

Regards.

Melchizedek Qui, Jan 24, 2020
  3. Greg Carmack - MVP, Jan 24, 2020
  4. patslee Win User

Why do some .docx files show up as previews in folder thumbnails, and others don't?

File Thumbnail Previews Don't Show

Hi everyone,

So I'm using a new computer on windows 10 and just realized that none of my tif files are showing thumbnail previews (just the generic paintbrush image). I tried going into Folder Options and the Display File Icon & Always show icons, never thumbnails checkboxes,
    but this doesn't help. What I noticed is that if I open the image in Photoshop, do something like add a blank layer, and save it, then the thumbnail preview is restored for that file. Additionally, if I open PS and use File>Open, then I am able to see thumbnail
    previews just fine. Does anyone know why this occurs? Thanks for the help!

patslee, Jan 24, 2020
Thema:

Why do some .docx files show up as previews in folder thumbnails, and others don't?

1. Why do some .docx files show up as previews in folder thumbnails, and others don't? - Similar Threads - Why docx files

2. File Thumbnail Preview Not Showing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File Thumbnail Preview Not Showing: Hello there,I was working on File Explorer recently and noticed that my file thumbnails mostly my video files are not showing their thumbnails in my folder instead of the program icon. I've had this problem for quite some time now, since a few months ago. It's becoming a...
  3. File Thumbnail Preview Not Showing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Thumbnail Preview Not Showing: Hello there,I was working on File Explorer recently and noticed that my file thumbnails mostly my video files are not showing their thumbnails in my folder instead of the program icon. I've had this problem for quite some time now, since a few months ago. It's becoming a...
  4. File Thumbnail Preview Not Showing

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Why do some of my videos load with thumbnails and others don't?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Why do some of my videos load with thumbnails and others don't?: I fly and take pictures/video with a drone, and it's very obvious that some videos when moved to my PC don't have a thumbnail when they are successfully transferred while others do. What causes this and can I change it? I've already tried View -> Options -> View -> Uncheck...
  6. Some thumbnails are showing and others are not. WHY?!?!?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Some thumbnails are showing and others are not. WHY?!?!?: Some of my thumbnails are showing and others are not. There is no rhyme or reason why this is happening. I've gone into "HOME: VIEW: OPTIONS: CHANGE FOLDER AND SEARCH OPTIONS: VIEW: and there, insured the check mark was NOT in "Always show icons, never thumbnails." What else...
  7. some Thumbnail Previews not showing in Windows File Explorer,some do.

in Windows 10 Support
    some Thumbnail Previews not showing in Windows File Explorer,some do.: Hello,as in the title: In one specific folder some thumbnail previews show up,some do not. They have the same extension. -Cleared the icon db. -changed folder options Windows 10. 154872
  8. some Thumbnail Previews not showing in Windows File Explorer,some do.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    some Thumbnail Previews not showing in Windows File Explorer,some do.: Hello,as in the title: In one specific folder some thumbnail previews show up,some do not. They have the same extension. -Cleared the icon db. -changed folder options Windows 10. 154872
  9. Some File Explorer thumbnails don't show

in Windows 10 Customization
    Some File Explorer thumbnails don't show: Just a couple of days ago I updated Windows 10 to v1909 from v1809. However, since the update, some MP4 video files don't show their thumbnails in File Explorer like in the previous version. I have no problem with videos that have a thumbnail embedded in the file. But some...
  10. Some thumbnails don't show up for saved video files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Some thumbnails don't show up for saved video files: Some thumbnails don't show up for saved video files in file explorer which is very frustrating because i want to know what i'm about to view before i click on it....