Windows 10: Why do some .docx files show up as previews in folder thumbnails, and others don't?

Discus and support Why do some .docx files show up as previews in folder thumbnails, and others don't? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/PhilipTerryGraham [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/PhilipTerryGraham, Jan 24, 2020.

1. Why do some .docx files show up as previews in folder thumbnails, and others don't?

/u/PhilipTerryGraham, Jan 24, 2020

2. Previewing files

Hello DE906,

To better assist you with your concern, I'd like to know the following:

• Confirm which build is currently installed on your device. To check, follow the steps below:
    1. Press Windows key + R, then type in winver.
    2. Click OK.
    • Were there any recent changes made prior to this issue?
    • What is the PDF viewer that you're using?

Meanwhile, if you're using Adobe Acrobat; I'd recommend performing the steps in this
    article
    to enable thumbnail preview of PDF's in Windows Explorer.

Also, you can check this article
    for the .docx issue.

Looking forward to your response.

Regards.

Melchizedek Qui, Jan 24, 2020
  3. Greg Carmack - MVP, Jan 24, 2020
  4. patslee Win User

Why do some .docx files show up as previews in folder thumbnails, and others don't?

File Thumbnail Previews Don't Show

Hi everyone,

So I'm using a new computer on windows 10 and just realized that none of my tif files are showing thumbnail previews (just the generic paintbrush image). I tried going into Folder Options and the Display File Icon & Always show icons, never thumbnails checkboxes,
    but this doesn't help. What I noticed is that if I open the image in Photoshop, do something like add a blank layer, and save it, then the thumbnail preview is restored for that file. Additionally, if I open PS and use File>Open, then I am able to see thumbnail
    previews just fine. Does anyone know why this occurs? Thanks for the help!

patslee, Jan 24, 2020
Thema:

Why do some .docx files show up as previews in folder thumbnails, and others don't?

1. Why do some .docx files show up as previews in folder thumbnails, and others don't? - Similar Threads - Why docx files

2. Some thumbnails don't show up for saved video files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Some thumbnails don't show up for saved video files: Some thumbnails don't show up for saved video files in file explorer which is very frustrating because i want to know what i'm about to view before i click on it....
  3. Thumbnail Previews on File Explorer aren't showing

Thumbnail Previews on File Explorer aren't showing: I've tried everything for fixing this. Clearing the cache of the thumbnails, unchecking the always show icons not thumbnails, and a lot of the things online. I still can't find a solution. One thing I might think it might be is that the thumbnails arent loading which I...
  4. Files not showing up in a folder.

Files not showing up in a folder.: I wanted to get some files off my old broken laptop so i bought a hard drive to usb adapter. But when I go to G:\Users\my user\Pictures the folder is empty. is there a reason why if anyone could tell me it would be a big help....
  5. MOV Thumbnails don't show

MOV Thumbnails don't show: I can\t see any thumbnails for MOV files on my computer, I have Quicktime player installed and I have followed the below instructions posted by a mod in an earlier version of this question from another user. Neither of these things helped. Is there any other advice on how to...
  6. PNG Files not showing the preview thumbnail

PNG Files not showing the preview thumbnail: I had this issue a few months ago, where all my PNG files stopped showing their preview thumbnails on the picture icon. This happened at the same time when my applications started losing their icons images (such as the "Configurations" app, Calculator, and 3rd party...
  7. Thumbnail previews do not appear in OneDrive folders

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Thumbnail previews do not appear in OneDrive folders: (Can't seem to post this to OneDrive so reverting to Windows) My Documents on my machine is configured in my OneDrive folder system. All data is saved in OneDrive and then synchronized to the Cloud. Several months ago, I lost the ability to "reliably" see Thumbnail...
  8. File Explorer not previewing .docx files or .xlsx will preview txt pdf

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer not previewing .docx files or .xlsx will preview txt pdf: Lately (I don't know how long, just noticed recently) Win 10 File Explorer won't show a preview of .docx or xlsx files. I have found a weird workaround: Open File Explorer, Highlight (click on) the file I want to preview. Nothing but a ding sound indicating a little window...
  9. PDF files_ Some show thumbnail image, some don't?

in Windows 10 Support
    PDF files_ Some show thumbnail image, some don't?: I am having this problem with PDF files. Some of them show the 1st page of the file(mostly books front cover) as thumbnail image on the desktop, and, inside folders, but, some don't show the thumbnail image of the first page in the file. These files that don't show the...
  10. Why i can't see thumbnails preview in file explorer ?

in Windows 10 Support
    Why i can't see thumbnails preview in file explorer ?: I have window 10 home. I'm in the directory on my hard disk c:\ I can see maybe 2-3 thumbnails preview the rest are icons and i have like 400 items most of them thumbnails/images of some types: png jpg bmp. My hard disk c: have 93.6 GB free out of 139 GB And i tried...