Windows 10: Why do some games completely max out a GPU while others don't?

Discus and support Why do some games completely max out a GPU while others don't? in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; For example, GTA 5 uses 98-100% on pretty high settings, getting 45-50FPS. Halo Master Chief collection on the other hand gets 60FPS and uses 15-25%... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by ben946210, Jun 19, 2021.

1. ben946210 Win User

Why do some games completely max out a GPU while others don't?

For example, GTA 5 uses 98-100% on pretty high settings, getting 45-50FPS. Halo Master Chief collection on the other hand gets 60FPS and uses 15-25% with high settings as well. Mafia III has a similar usage and framerate as Halo does. All three use roughly 30% CPU, about 2GB of RAM These are just some examples, there are many others that act differently. Are these games simply written better or use a better engine that others? Of course I know draw distance plays a lot into this too but is there something else at play here? My system has a GTX 1060 with 6GB GDDR5 and is running Windows 10 (1909)

:)

ben946210, Jun 19, 2021

2. Gaming and Random Crashes.

Hi,

After some research and failing to find any solution i`ve decided to find help, have a gaming laptop (don`t judge me) and it used to work pretty well, until the latest Witcher expansion, i would be gettting a DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION everytime i tried to start the game, some driver updates later and now i`m randomly getting the same BSOD so far i've tried.

• Updating GPU Driver.
    • DDU the Drivers and do a clean install.
    • running sfc/scannow

Unfortunately my internet time is limited and i couldn`t find any more steps.

Any help would be appreciatted, and sorry for the bad english.

BeardedBrazilia, Jun 19, 2021
  3. arassami Win User
    don"t open game in win10i

I am game player.(sniper fury)in win10.but to day don"t opening game.or close after 2-3 secend.3 the back to last morning by recovery poin .but nothing

*** Moderator's note: Post was moved to the appropriate category ***

arassami, Jun 19, 2021
  4. armym3 Win User

WarRock 3D Detection don´t works

Hello Guys,

i had a problem with my Card. The card didn´t wanted to change in 3D Modus. Ok now i removed the other 2 Pins and now it runs in 3D Modus in 3DMark06 too. The Card is a HD 2900GT. But my Game WarRock don´t runs in 3D Modus. Is there a List where i can start the game in 3D Manual? Because in Automatic it don´t want start because the Card don´t see that it is an 3D Game. Can someone help me?

armym3, Jun 19, 2021
Thema:

1. Why do some games completely max out a GPU while others don't? - Similar Threads - Why games completely

2. Why do some users require a review que and others don't to comment on?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why do some users require a review que and others don't to comment on?: Other complaints are about being put on moderation all the time which is NOT my case. My case is certain users if you reply will cause a 'Thanks. We'll review this comment and remove it if it doesn't meet our guidelines." but other posts in that same thread goes thru just...
  3. Why do some users require a review que and others don't to comment on?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why do some users require a review que and others don't to comment on?: Other complaints are about being put on moderation all the time which is NOT my case. My case is certain users if you reply will cause a 'Thanks. We'll review this comment and remove it if it doesn't meet our guidelines." but other posts in that same thread goes thru just...
  4. Some apps don't make sounds, while others do.

Some apps don't make sounds, while others do.: So, in some apps I can hear sounds, while in others I can't. How do I fix that? I tried updating my drivers. NOTHING. How about switching headphones? NOTHING! What do I do? I can give an example on which apps make sound and which don't.Firefox is dead silent. No sound when I...
  5. Some apps don't make sounds, while others do.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Some apps don't make sounds, while others do.: So, in some apps I can hear sounds, while in others I can't. How do I fix that? I tried updating my drivers. NOTHING. How about switching headphones? NOTHING! What do I do? I can give an example on which apps make sound and which don't.Firefox is dead silent. No sound when I...
  6. Some apps don't make sounds, while others do.

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. Some key combinations on my keyboard work, while others don't

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Some key combinations on my keyboard work, while others don't: I'm having this weird problem with my keyboard. Just as an example, if I hold left shift and the up and left arrow keys, the spacebar doesn't work. However, if I'm pressing the right arrow key instead of the left one, suddenly it functions as normal. This example in...
  8. BSOD while playing games - some games more than others

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD while playing games - some games more than others: Been getting Blue Screens of Death since about October while playing games and it seems to be isolated to online games so I've been going around fixing whatever drivers I could but it still seems to come back at least once a week or so and it's a bit annoying. The error I get...
  9. Why do some of my videos load with thumbnails and others don't?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Why do some of my videos load with thumbnails and others don't?: I fly and take pictures/video with a drone, and it's very obvious that some videos when moved to my PC don't have a thumbnail when they are successfully transferred while others do. What causes this and can I change it? I've already tried View -> Options -> View -> Uncheck...
  10. Why do some apps open on one monitor while others open on the other?

Why do some apps open on one monitor while others open on the other?: I have two monitors. All my apps used to open on the one designated as primary in Settings. A few months ago, some started opening on the secondary. I haven’t made any changes to my system, but who knows what Windows has been up to. Is there a way to make all of them open on...