Windows 10: Why do some of my folders on my Windows 10 laptop use/display a Date column while others...

Discus and support Why do some of my folders on my Windows 10 laptop use/display a Date column while others... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Why do some of my folders on my Windows 10 laptop use/display a Date column while others use/display a Date Modified column ...apparently at random?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Michael Herman Toronto, Feb 25, 2021.

1. Why do some of my folders on my Windows 10 laptop use/display a Date column while others...

Why do some of my folders on my Windows 10 laptop use/display a Date column while others use/display a Date Modified column ...apparently at random?

Best regards,

Michael Herman

:)

Michael Herman Toronto, Feb 25, 2021
  2. Berton Win User

Replace Date column with Date Modified

In File Explorer I can right-click a column heading and get a list of choices with Date Modified on it which by default appears when creating a New, Folder. If I click the More at the bottom of that list I find several choices about date with Date [by itself] being the first, Date Modified not there since it's already in use.

Why do some of my folders on my Windows 10 laptop use/display a Date column while others... [​IMG]

Another point, File Explorer windows will show different column headings based upon the content of the Folders being viewed, e.g. Music will be different from Pictures, etc.

And may be necessary to click the View tab then Options then the resulting View tab and choose Apply to all Folders although it may not always work as desired, I use that to show Details in most all instances of File Explorer.

Berton, Feb 25, 2021
  3. my mailbox display no longer shows my folders and I cannot change the columns to display choices or messages

My e-mail display has changed and I can no longer get multiple columns nor the list with folders, I previously was able to get three columns now I cannot change the view …..cannot find any help from the MS Edge or display suggestions

Help -- how do I return to my previous settings and display

Diane M Lynch, Feb 25, 2021
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Why do some of my folders on my Windows 10 laptop use/display a Date column while others...

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Feb 25, 2021
Thema:

Why do some of my folders on my Windows 10 laptop use/display a Date column while others...

1. Why do some of my folders on my Windows 10 laptop use/display a Date column while others... - Similar Threads - Why folders laptop

2. Why is my laptop doing this while reinstalling windows?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is my laptop doing this while reinstalling windows?: My laptop flashes in this order: The dell screen without welcome, to the dell screen with welcome, to the windows reinstallment screen when I tried to reinstall windows. the reinstallment screen has been at 64% doing this since last night...
  3. Why is my laptop doing this while reinstalling windows?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why is my laptop doing this while reinstalling windows?: My laptop flashes in this order: The dell screen without welcome, to the dell screen with welcome, to the windows reinstallment screen when I tried to reinstall windows. the reinstallment screen has been at 64% doing this since last night...
  4. Why is my laptop doing this while reinstalling windows?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Why do some of my videos load with thumbnails and others don't?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Why do some of my videos load with thumbnails and others don't?: I fly and take pictures/video with a drone, and it's very obvious that some videos when moved to my PC don't have a thumbnail when they are successfully transferred while others do. What causes this and can I change it? I've already tried View -> Options -> View -> Uncheck...
  6. Why do some of my desktop icons work and others do not?

Why do some of my desktop icons work and others do not?: Neither of the two browsers that I use are working. I have tried to open them, but they do not open. Other icons do work. Can someone give me a suggestion? I am sure it was something that I did to cause this problem. Thank you Care...
  7. Replace Date column with Date Modified

in Windows 10 Support
    Replace Date column with Date Modified: I have a vague recollection that I may have asked this before and sorry if that’s the case, but I can find no trace. i simply want to ensure that when I open either an Explorer folder or an Open or Save As browse window then instead of a column called Date I get Date...
  8. Why do some apps open on one monitor while others open on the other?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why do some apps open on one monitor while others open on the other?: I have two monitors. All my apps used to open on the one designated as primary in Settings. A few months ago, some started opening on the secondary. I haven’t made any changes to my system, but who knows what Windows has been up to. Is there a way to make all of them open on...
  9. my mailbox display no longer shows my folders and I cannot change the columns to display...

my mailbox display no longer shows my folders and I cannot change the columns to display...: My e-mail display has changed and I can no longer get multiple columns nor the list with folders, I previously was able to get three columns now I cannot change the view …..cannot find any help from the MS Edge or display suggestions Help -- how do I return to my previous...
  10. date column

in Windows 10 Support
    date column: This morning I updated to the latest BitDefender and while doing so their instructions did not indicate to not select uninstall as the installer would complete this task automatically even though a message did pop up asking me to uninstall. I believe this was the reason for...