Windows 10: Why do some of my fonts keep being automatically bolded in Windows 10?

Discus and support Why do some of my fonts keep being automatically bolded in Windows 10? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Sometimes Windows 10 will just decide which fonts I'll have trouble seeing and automatically bold them, even sometimes to the point where I can't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by •-•JyushimootsuTaila Blu, Nov 25, 2020.

1. Why do some of my fonts keep being automatically bolded in Windows 10?

Sometimes Windows 10 will just decide which fonts I'll have trouble seeing and automatically bold them, even sometimes to the point where I can't change it to a non-bold version of the font. It'll just be bold 'by default'. This is not a decision that I made. The only program I can fix this in is the notepad that came WITH Windows 10, but I tend to use Notepad++ for all of its extra features. This issue also appeared on Balabolka. The computer decides randomly that a font is too thin for me to see, even though the point of having an option is to have an option. It's ESPECIALLY noticeable for some pixel fonts, because the pixel fonts get less legible once they're bold, because they're already of a medium weight. I've attached an example.

Why do some of my fonts keep being automatically bolded in Windows 10? f44c816f-a4ee-4c67-9768-0cd506302bfb?upload=true.png

I would be very thankful if anyone posted anything in regards to this. Perhaps their own experiences with this, or maybe even a fix. Thank you so much for looking! Hopefully someone will be able to help me out in this regard. Thank you again!

:)

•-•JyushimootsuTaila Blu, Nov 25, 2020

2. Bolded Font on Internet Browsers

Hi,

This issue may have been caused by a Windows 10 update that changed your font settings automatically. If you recently updated your operating system, we suggest that you follow these steps to see if the font will go back to normal:

• Type font in the search bar.
    • Select Change Font settings.
    • Click Restore default font settings.

Let us know the status of the issue to assist you further.

Dennis Mop, Nov 25, 2020
  3. PJM_58 Win User
    Bold font

unfortunately that didn't help. I'm still getting that bold font. I'm not sure which it is but Arial seems to be the go to font. I tried to uninstall the Bold one and was unable to do so. They said it was protected. Any other suggestions?

PJM_58, Nov 25, 2020
  4. Kostov Win User

Why do some of my fonts keep being automatically bolded in Windows 10?

Bold font option in Windows 10?

The answer is incorrect. It does not answer the question. The author did not asked how to change font family, but how to make it bold. Which are completely different things. As far as I now it is not possible to make text bold. This is one of the biggest
    disadvantages of Windows 10 against Windows 8, where it is possible to set both, Font family and boldness of the font. Increasing the size is not the same as increasing boldness. Because people who suffer with astigmatism needs to use bold font - e.g. to make
    the font look wider. The difference is that if you make font larger its height is bigger. Whilst if you make it bold, you make it wider. The size changes, x,y dimensions, whilst boldness changes the width only. I would be like if MS realize that there is a
    need to make the text bold for people with eyes diseases.

Kostov, Nov 25, 2020
Thema:

Why do some of my fonts keep being automatically bolded in Windows 10?

1. Why do some of my fonts keep being automatically bolded in Windows 10? - Similar Threads - Why fonts keep

2. change font to bold in windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    change font to bold in windows 11: How do you change font in Windows 11 to BOLD? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-font-to-bold-in-windows-11/64abff85-725d-4b75-a5f1-4efc22749668
  3. Bold font in windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Bold font in windows 10: Making windows 10 system font bold is not available ;why?It is very essential option Making text bigger or smaller isnot suitable or enough substitute for bold fontPlz get bold font option back...
  4. Bold fonts in some applications

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Bold fonts in some applications: [ATTACH] I don't know what I did wrong but text in some applications like IDM and Winrar are bold now and it's really annoying (in some cases I can't even see parts of information) . I've tried restoring default font settings in control panel, reinstalling seogoe font...
  5. Balloon Bold Font

Balloon Bold Font: I have used Balloon Bold font in my logo for over 20 years but when Windows 10 took over the industry suddenly it will not display properly in any of my programs word, Excel, Adobe Acrobat, etc. How can I get this font to display properly? In addition to it not displaying...
  6. Browser font in Italic Bold

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Browser font in Italic Bold: [ATTACH] Hey, I have an issue for a long time and never really found how to solve it. In some website font appear italic bold in a really weird way, I don't know what happens but it's with all browser (and only on the browser) firefox, brave, chrome, edge... I check...
  7. Bold font issue in some applications

Bold font issue in some applications: Hello, I have an issue I'm trying to fix for weeks without success. On some softwares Outlook, Google Chrome, etc... I have a strange bold font that appears and which seems to replace the initial font. For the case of Google Chrome, it only appears on some website. I...
  8. Fonts in English and bold fonts

Fonts in English and bold fonts: I was on the phone 2 hours today with 2 different people from Microsoft Technical Support. When I pulled up, what I thought, were available fonts, I found out they are not available for me to use. But to show me what I can upload from Microsoft. ANY font I want, I have to...
  9. Font on some websites are compact and bold, C key keeps being displayed as O

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Font on some websites are compact and bold, C key keeps being displayed as O: Does anyone else have this problem or know how to fix it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/font-on-some-websites-are-compact-and-bold-c-key/c7c7e6a8-87bd-4bca-b39c-38c26b2917af
  10. File Explorer Font is Bold

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer Font is Bold: When I open File Explorer I find its font is Bold. I must have changed some setting somewhere to cause that. How can I return it to normal. Thank you 77165