Windows 10: Why do the cortanas here look different? I prefer the one on the right on my other laptop...

Discus and support Why do the cortanas here look different? I prefer the one on the right on my other laptop... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; submitted by /u/throwaway17837822 [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/throwaway17837822, Jan 26, 2021.

1. Why do the cortanas here look different? I prefer the one on the right on my other laptop...

/u/throwaway17837822, Jan 26, 2021
  2. Joan Pin Win User

Cortana Duplicated Notifucations

We suggest that you rebuild Cortana via PowerShell to restore any missing components on it that may cause the issue. Try it first on your laptop and check if the issue will persist. If the issue with the notification is resolved, you can mirror the same
    steps on your Surface.

To rebuild Cortana, follow these steps:

• In the Search box, type PowerShell.
    • Right-click on the result and select Run as administrator.
    • Copy and paste the command below to the PowerShell tool and press Enter:
      • Get-AppxPackage | % { Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register
        "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppxManifest.xml" -verbose }
    • Once done, restart your device to apply the changes.

Let us know if the steps provided above works for you.

Joan Pin, Jan 26, 2021
  3. banger Win User
    Looking for a laptop

Been looking at laptops, and I see some cheap laptops have Celeron and Pentium processors, how do the compare in performance to i3 and i5 processors.

Would like a 15 inch laptop, preference is hp because the build quality looks good but open to suggestions.

banger, Jan 26, 2021
  4. Why do the cortanas here look different? I prefer the one on the right on my other laptop...

Cortana

Hi,

Thank you for posting your question in the Microsoft Community.

Appreciate your efforts to work on this issue.

This issue can occur if some of the system files are not working as expected.

Suggest you to follow the steps from this article to
    troubleshoot Cortana on the PC

Note: Do not go with the ‘Reset PC’ option for now.

Method 1: Follow these steps to disable Cortana:

1. Sign-in to the PC with your Microsoft account.
    2. In the search box at the bottom, type Disable Cortana.
    3. Once the suggestions appear in the list, click Cortana & Search settings.
    4. From the right section of the Settings pane, move the top button to ‘Off’ to disable Cortana from Windows 10.

Method 2: Follow these steps to check if that helps.

1. Launch Cortana from the search bar on the taskbar.
    2. Then, from the left pane click the settings button.
    3. Under "Cortana" (the first option) and slide the pill switch to the ‘Off’ position.

Method 3: Launch the Settings app and click on Privacy. Navigate to Speech, inking, & typing, and click Stop getting to know me. These steps will disable Cortana.

Hope this helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed.

Regards,

Srimadhwa B

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Srimadhwa_B, Jan 26, 2021
Thema:

Why do the cortanas here look different? I prefer the one on the right on my other laptop...

1. Why do the cortanas here look different? I prefer the one on the right on my other laptop... - Similar Threads - Why cortanas here

2. why do i have photos in two different places on my computer? one is photo and the other is...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why do i have photos in two different places on my computer? one is photo and the other is...: why do i have photos in two different places on my computer? one is photos and the other is pictures https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-do-i-have-photos-in-two-different-places-on-my/631a67c8-b335-46e9-bccf-ce5e7547b3bf
  3. why do i have photos in two different places on my computer? one is photo and the other is...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    why do i have photos in two different places on my computer? one is photo and the other is...: why do i have photos in two different places on my computer? one is photos and the other is pictures https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-do-i-have-photos-in-two-different-places-on-my/631a67c8-b335-46e9-bccf-ce5e7547b3bf
  4. Why the fonts looks different on my laptop whereas looks smooth on my office VCS machine...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why the fonts looks different on my laptop whereas looks smooth on my office VCS machine...: When I access websites from my office VCS machine, remotely from my laptop, the fonts are nice and smooth. However when I access the same website on my laptop the font is not smooth. Not only on browser but on other applications as well. So it could not be the display setting...
  5. Why the fonts looks different on my laptop whereas looks smooth on my office VCS machine...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why the fonts looks different on my laptop whereas looks smooth on my office VCS machine...: When I access websites from my office VCS machine, remotely from my laptop, the fonts are nice and smooth. However when I access the same website on my laptop the font is not smooth. Not only on browser but on other applications as well. So it could not be the display setting...
  6. Why the fonts looks different on my laptop whereas looks smooth on my office VCS machine...

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. What is going on here! Why does it look like this??

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    What is going on here! Why does it look like this??: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/buzzybomb [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/v00mdb/what_is_going_on_here_why_does_it_look_like_this/
  8. Why my Cortana menu different

in Cortana
    Why my Cortana menu different: Other Cortana Menu: [ATTACH] My cortana menu: [ATTACH] How can i get the same at first one. [Move from Thai] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-my-cortana-menu-different/1da63d9b-45d9-4c5b-ab32-de64f69764ba
  9. Why change my preferences?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Why change my preferences?: Just finished a 10 hour+ update to Windows 10. Can't believe that it takes so long. Not so upset at the time as I am that the update changed my preferences. Who are they to think that I wanted a dark, black environment? Don't try to dictate what you think my preferences...
  10. Why is the file explorer on the left blurry than the one I opened on the right? (look...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Why is the file explorer on the left blurry than the one I opened on the right? (look...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/GlitteringCloak [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fw56si/why_is_the_file_explorer_on_the_left_blurry_than/