Why do the icon sizes not match on the Taskbar?

Discus and support Why do the icon sizes not match on the Taskbar? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi - I'm trying to add some icons to the taskbar, but as you can see with the purple arrow, the sizes are different. I tried making the icon size... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Compumind, Jul 10, 2018 at 12:52 PM.

1. Compumind Win User

Hi -

I'm trying to add some icons to the taskbar, but as you can see with the purple arrow, the sizes are different.
    I tried making the icon size larger, but to no effect.

Why do the icon sizes not match on the Taskbar? [​IMG]

I want them all to be the same size.

Suggestions welcome!

TIA *cry

:)

2. Yaqub K Win User

System Icons on taskbar

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Communities.

Are you referring to the clock system icon on the taskbar?

If so, I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below:

• Click on the search bar on the taskbar.

• Type system icons.

• Under Turn System Icons ON or OFF, turn On the Clock and check with the issue.

Hope it helps.

3. Lizy297 Win User
    how to change size of folders on my Pc

To set the size, follow these steps:

• Right-click the Start button and choose the Properties command.
    • Click the Taskbar tab in the Taskbar and Start Menu Properties dialog box.
    • To use smaller icons, place a check mark by the item Use Small Icons. ...
    • Click OK.

4. Deepika Gowda Win User

Icon size in task bar at the bottom of the screen

Hi Ronald,

As you are facing issues with changing the taskbar icons size, we will help you with this issue.

Please follow the below steps:

• Logon to your computer as administrator, click on empty space on the
      Taskbar.

• Select Properties, Taskbar and Start Menu Properties window pops-up.

• Uncheck Use small taskbar buttons to increase the size of icons.

Hope it helps. Feel free to contact us for any further queries on Windows Operating System.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Jul 10, 2018 at 12:53 PM
Thema:

1. Why do the icon sizes not match on the Taskbar? - Similar Threads - Why icon sizes

2. "Change Icon..." yields a Medium-size icon only when I select an ICO file -- why and how do...

in Windows 10 Customization
    "Change Icon..." yields a Medium-size icon only when I select an ICO file -- why and how do...: I have valid ICO files (created from PNG files by IrfanView from the Windows Store). If my desktop icon view is set to Large icons (right-click on desktop -> View -> Large icons) and if I right click on a shortcut on my desktop, select Properties -> Shortcut tab -> Change...
  3. Why are my Drive icons not working with Autorun.inf

in Windows 10 Customization
    Why are my Drive icons not working with Autorun.inf: Hello fellow Windows 10 likers, I've customized my Win10 from the start, and I've used an AUTORUN.INF file to have a custom drive icon for most of my drives in 'This PC'. This is an (old) example of this: [img] But since a week or so -maybe because of an update...
  4. Why some of my applications icon become smaller and eye-sore to see?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why some of my applications icon become smaller and eye-sore to see?: [img] [img] [img] Hi i'm just bought a XPS 13 with windows 10. But got some problems that some my applications view small icons. Can it be fixed? Thanks 47915
  5. Why can I not drag my icons about my laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why can I not drag my icons about my laptop: Why can I not drag my icons about my laptop? I am currently installing things for my nephews computer. His is a Lenovo, and does it no bother at all. I noticed Windows photo viewer is not on his computer though. Don't know what's happened there? Thank you in advance. 33475
  6. Why are some of my pinned Start Menu icons blue?

in Windows 10 Support
    Why are some of my pinned Start Menu icons blue?: Hello. Thanks for helping in advance. So, I added Chrome and Firefox pinned to my start menu. However Firefox is blue while Chrome is the color gray which I set as my default color. What gives? Thanks! 93833
  7. Why are my icons blured ?

in Windows 10 Support
    Why are my icons blured ?: Hi, I am using Win10 on 13.3" 1920x1080 display. When I'm choosing the recommended display size of 150% my icons on the desktop and task manager become blurred. (see attached picture, in red). I don't know if you can see it in the picture but if I'll change the setting...
  8. Why do my Video Icons no longer show Thumbnail of video?

in Windows 10 Support
    Why do my Video Icons no longer show Thumbnail of video?: Hiya! Please help. Initially, my video icons in Explorer would appear as thumbnails of the video they represented. What I mean is, "La La Land.mp4", for example, would show as a rectangular snapshot of the video. But now, all my video icons are this standard default as seen...
  9. The "This PC" icon disappeared, and I fixed it, by why did it happen?

in Windows 10 Support
    The "This PC" icon disappeared, and I fixed it, by why did it happen?: The "This PC" icon on my desktop disappeared. I know how to fix it, and I did, but my question is why does that happen? I haven't done anything unusual lately. So I'm worried it's either the hard drive beginning to fail or a virus. I have automatic updates turned off, so...
  10. Why did Windows 10 doubled most of the icons on my desktop?

in Windows 10 Support
    Why did Windows 10 doubled most of the icons on my desktop?: win10 doubled the icons on my desktop (AT RANDOM). While I was cleaning up the mess, win10 deleted most of the icons I told it to keep. COMPLETELY AT RANDOM. no input for me. What is up?*Mad 45465