Windows 10: Why do these Infected Files keep coming back?

Discus and support Why do these Infected Files keep coming back? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Yesterday I ran Microsoft Safety Scanner and before it completed it said I 22 files that were infected. It completed the full scan, said it was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by JDDW, Mar 18, 2023.

1. JDDW Win User

Why do these Infected Files keep coming back?

Yesterday I ran Microsoft Safety Scanner and before it completed it said I 22 files that were infected. It completed the full scan, said it was successfully completed and no viruses, spyware, or other potentially unwanted software were detected. After the scan I ran Microsoft Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool and it saw no threats, I then went into Windows Security did a Full Virus threat scan with 0 threats found. So, I thought I washed the infected files out with the Microsoft Safety Scanner. But when I did another scan today With Microsoft Safety Scanner during the scan it came up wi

:)

2. bruinator Win User

steps taken for infected Pc's.

I was hoping someone could give me a list of step by step instructions you use as a guide to clean virus, malware...etc. so I can keep my PC clean if it gets infected.

thx

bruinator, Mar 18, 2023
  3. Edwin Win User
    A list of Android phones that come infected with dangerous trojan

Quite the list!
    Looks like they were all manufactured by Fisher-Price!

Edwin, Mar 18, 2023
  4. Bree Win User

clean possibly infected flash drives and CD-RWs

Your steps in post #1 should work for 99% of viruses that may be on a usb flash drive. However, there are a very few viruses that can infect the MBR of a drive. I would use Diskpart from a command prompt (Admin) to clean them. In the command prompt type DISKPART then, at the Diskpart prompt use the commands:

LIST DISKnote the disk number of the usb and use it in place of # in the command:SELECT DISK #
    CLEAN
    CREATE PARTITION PRIMARY

After this you will have cleaned the partition table from the usb and created a partition using the whole of the the available space. You can then format this partition in File Explorer.

For a CD-RW, if you right-click on it in File Explorer there is an Erase option.

Thema:

1. Why do these Infected Files keep coming back? - Similar Threads - Why Infected Files

2. OneDrive Keeps coming back!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OneDrive Keeps coming back!: I want OneDrive COMPLETELY off my system. I didn't even realize my documents and desktop were being uploaded to the cloud, completly unnacceptable!This is a fresh installation of Windows 11 Pro.I have uninstalled it and deleted the folder from c:\users\my name\ however it...
  3. OneDrive Keeps coming back!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    OneDrive Keeps coming back!: I want OneDrive COMPLETELY off my system. I didn't even realize my documents and desktop were being uploaded to the cloud, completly unnacceptable!This is a fresh installation of Windows 11 Pro.I have uninstalled it and deleted the folder from c:\users\my name\ however it...
  4. These random files keep coming back, what are they?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    These random files keep coming back, what are they?: I had this issue around 5 months ago maybe where these files kept appearing randomly, it went away, but now its back again, what the heck? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/these-random-files-keep-coming-back-what-are-they/f3a37ef2-4b49-4bc7-9190-8389df4087cc
  5. These random files keep coming back, what are they?

These random files keep coming back, what are they?: I had this issue around 5 months ago maybe where these files kept appearing randomly, it went away, but now its back again, what the heck? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/these-random-files-keep-coming-back-what-are-they/f3a37ef2-4b49-4bc7-9190-8389df4087cc
  6. Why do these Infected Files keep coming back?

Why do these Infected Files keep coming back?: Yesterday I ran Microsoft Safety Scanner and before it completed it said I 22 files that were infected. It completed the full scan, said it was successfully completed and no viruses, spyware, or other potentially unwanted software were detected. After the scan I ran Microsoft...
  7. Deleted file keep coming back

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Deleted file keep coming back: Hello guys, i noticed file in C named with date and year created its own, i tried deleting it but everytime i restart laptop or shutdown then turn on, it recreates again on C, anyone know why is that happening and what is this file and why did it even create? And how can i...
  8. This keeps coming back...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    This keeps coming back...: So not that long ago when I started my laptop there came a message: “scanning and repairing drive C”. I was like okay no worries but every time I restart or something it comes back. I tried to check the drive manually I tried to skip the scanning but nothing seems to work....
  9. Malware keeps coming back

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Malware keeps coming back: This softonic PUP is coming back after few restarts of the system. How can i completely delete it? [img] 144542
  10. Trying to delete temporary files but they keep coming back

in Windows 10 Customization
    Trying to delete temporary files but they keep coming back: Can't update Windows 10 for lack of memory but have hard drive connected with plenty of memory. Also keep selecting all temporary files to remove. They go down to 0 bytes and then they come back again...