Windows 10: Why do they make it so B****Y difficult

Discus and support Why do they make it so B****Y difficult in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; We can't activate Windows on this device because we can't connect to your organisations activation server. Make sure that you're connected to you're... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by teagurit, May 23, 2019.

1. teagurit Win User

Why do they make it so B****Y difficult

We can't activate Windows on this device because we can't connect to your organisations activation server.
    Make sure that you're connected to you're connected to your organisations Network and try again.
    If You continue having problems with activation, contact your organisations support person.
    Error code: 0x8007232B.

The problem with the above reply, is the fact that I do not belong to any organisation, I am a 70 year old computer fanatic, recently, my graphics card went west (crapped out). Also it knackered my "C" drive, consequently, it will not accept serial number. The Microsoft help page just give the above error.

:)

teagurit, May 23, 2019

2. After Windows 10 upgrade I find some new drive (YWhy do they make it so B****Y difficult :) by name PBR Images appearing and then disappearing every now and then

Hi,

Thank you for being part of Windows 10.

Before we proceed, I need more information to help you better.

• What was the error message/code you were getting?
    • What happens when you try to open the new Y: drive?
    Try the following steps and check if it helps:

Step 1:

I would suggest you to check if you are able to view the new Y: drive and if there is any memory loss in the Disk Management.

Follow the below steps to check the disk partitions from the Disk Management:

• Right click on the Start button and select Disk Management option.
    • Check if you are able to view the new Y: drive and memory loss.
    If the issue persists then follow the below step.

Step 2:

I suggest you to run check disk on the hard drive to see if there are any corruptions.

Follow the below steps:

• Windows key + X, click Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Command Prompt, type the following command, and then press
      ENTER
      :
    chkdsk /f

Disclaimer: While performing check disk on the hard drive, if any bad sectors are found then check disk will try to repair that sector. Any data available on a bad sector might be lost.

Once Check Disk completes, boot the computer and then check.

If the issue still persists then, I suggest you to provide us the screenshot of the issue in order to assist you further.

Kindly refer to the following Wiki article created by Shawn 'Cmdr' Keene [MVP] on
    How to include a screenshot in your post.

How to include a screenshot in your post

Hope the above information helps. Reply with necessary information and the result to help you further.

Thank you.

Harshavardhan Rathod, May 23, 2019
  3. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, May 23, 2019
  4. Why do they make it so B****Y difficult

Webcam only in B/W

Hi Seth,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I can understand that it must be difficult for you when things are not working as it should.

Provide us additional information to assist you better with this issue:

1. What is the model number of the laptop?
    2. Is this an external/internal webcam?
    3. If it’s an external webcam, may I know the make and model of the webcam?

I suggest you to refer the section ‘Roll back your webcam driver’ from the article
    Camera does not work in Windows 10 for the troubleshooting steps.

Get back to us for further assistance on this issue with the required information. We will be happy to help you.

Muralidhar

Microsoft Community Moderator

Muralidhar_G, May 23, 2019
Thema:

Why do they make it so B****Y difficult

1. Why do they make it so B****Y difficult - Similar Threads - Why B****Y difficult

2. Why does Microsoft make it so difficult to simply buy a license?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does Microsoft make it so difficult to simply buy a license?: We have 4 purchased PCs which now need Windows activation with a product key. Why does Microsoft make it so difficult and convoluted to simply purchase license keys ? These PCs are deployed at client locations, so we just need valid license keys. I shouldn't have to go...
  3. Why does Microsoft make it so difficult to simply buy a license?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Why does Microsoft make it so difficult to simply buy a license?: We have 4 purchased PCs which now need Windows activation with a product key. Why does Microsoft make it so difficult and convoluted to simply purchase license keys ? These PCs are deployed at client locations, so we just need valid license keys. I shouldn't have to go...
  4. Why does Microsoft make it so difficult to resize the Windows partition?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does Microsoft make it so difficult to resize the Windows partition?: If you want to extend your Windows partition and you have unallocated space on the same disk, Windows Disk Management won't give you the option to extend the volume, it's greyed out in the options menu. This is because you can only extend into adjacent unallocated space, and...
  5. Why does Microsoft make it so difficult to resize the Windows partition?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why does Microsoft make it so difficult to resize the Windows partition?: If you want to extend your Windows partition and you have unallocated space on the same disk, Windows Disk Management won't give you the option to extend the volume, it's greyed out in the options menu. This is because you can only extend into adjacent unallocated space, and...
  6. Why Does MS make it so difficult to contact support?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Why Does MS make it so difficult to contact support?: My Laptop did a windows Update. Now I am stuck at the BitLocker Recovery Key screen. I never enabled BL. Followed the instructions to login to my MS account, and recover the Key, click on devices, then manage Bitlocker and I get the screen saying it is an incorrect url. Also....
  7. Why Does MS make it so difficult to contact support?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why Does MS make it so difficult to contact support?: My Laptop did a windows Update. Now I am stuck at the BitLocker Recovery Key screen. I never enabled BL. Followed the instructions to login to my MS account, and recover the Key, click on devices, then manage Bitlocker and I get the screen saying it is an incorrect url. Also....
  8. Why Does MS make it so difficult to contact support?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  9. Why....WHY does M$ make it so difficult?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Why....WHY does M$ make it so difficult?: I had to totally reinstall winBLOWS because M$ has **** QA before releasing updates. Ok, great. Now, I am constantly trying to make Firefox my default browser because, well, M$ sucks. SUCKS. I want as few of their products on my machine as possible. I even had a tech do...
  10. Why does Microsoft Security make it so difficult at times to sign in?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Why does Microsoft Security make it so difficult at times to sign in?: I recently had to set up this new Lenovo Legion Y520 laptop because bad advice from a Directly Independent Advisor trashed my HP Envy. These are just some of the Microsoft security and system problems I encountered: 1. It asked me to sign in with the last password I'd...