Windows 10: Why do updates for W10 constantly undo changes I make to the system.

Discus and support Why do updates for W10 constantly undo changes I make to the system. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I installed the old games from Windows 7 but updates regularly wipe them and then they have to be installed again. Why can't M$ just leave the changes... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Orpherus, Jun 16, 2019.

1. Orpherus Win User

Why do updates for W10 constantly undo changes I make to the system.

I installed the old games from Windows 7 but updates regularly wipe them and then they have to be installed again. Why can't M$ just leave the changes I make alone?

Other things that I managed to uninstall come back. Why?

Thankfully Linux allows me to set my computer up the way I want.. Rarely use Win10 now as it's such a pain i the butt.

:)

Orpherus, Jun 16, 2019

2. System Restore Undo

My OS is Windows 10.

I know how to so a System Restore, but cannot find a way of undoing
    it.

Can someone please provide me with step by step instructions for undoing a System Restore.

Many thanks.

AnthonyStirling, Jun 16, 2019
  3. Unable to undo a system restore

You couldn't undo both anyway.

[100% Secure] Undo System Restore in Windows 10/8/7/XP Without Data Loss – EaseUS

It doesn't matter whether you are using Windows 10, Windows 8, 7 or XP. Here is a list of crucial information that you should be aware of:

• A data backup is highly necessary before undoing a System Restore.
    • A System Restore cannot be canceled if you did it in Safe Mode.
    • A System Restore cannot be canceled if you did it from System Recovery Options.

But read all the information there.

Bill Smithers, Jun 16, 2019
  4. Why do updates for W10 constantly undo changes I make to the system.

Sumit Dhiman2, Jun 16, 2019
Thema:

Why do updates for W10 constantly undo changes I make to the system.

1. Why do updates for W10 constantly undo changes I make to the system. - Similar Threads - Why updates W10

2. Update undoing changes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Update undoing changes: i already removed my anti-virus just to install this update. However, whenever I install it, undoing changes will occur. I dont have problem with the last months update but this time it wont install at all.I run troubleshooter already nothing works....
  3. Update undoing changes

Update undoing changes: I have Windows 11 and I want to install the 22H2 update. I have it on my settings but when the installation process ends it says undoing changes. I tried it multiple times before consulting but nothing works. I checked my PC specification, and it is good and should run the...
  4. Undoing changes in this update

Undoing changes in this update: 22H2 update is not installing successfully after restart it will says undoing changes. I need to finish this now and I want to do stuff on this PC. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/undoing-changes-in-this-update/2838c356-b454-4223-ae2b-f2c90b54ae58
  5. I can't update windows. Constantly "Undoing Changes"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't update windows. Constantly "Undoing Changes": Every time I download the updates for windows, it says that the updates could not be completed and undoes the changes. I've tried running the SFC/scannow. It found corrupt files and repaired them but the problem still persists...
  6. I can't update windows. Constantly "Undoing Changes"

I can't update windows. Constantly "Undoing Changes": Every time I download the updates for windows, it says that the updates could not be completed and undoes the changes. I've tried running the SFC/scannow. It found corrupt files and repaired them but the problem still persists...
  7. I can't update windows. Constantly "Undoing Changes"

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. Update undoing changes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Update undoing changes: Hi, My laptop is not getting updated from a long time. It is a new gaming laptop.whenever i update my laptop it stops at 96% or 98% and says this every time i also tried to delete the software distribution but i wont work.Can you share some reasons why is this happening...
  9. Update undoing changes

Update undoing changes: Hi, My laptop is not getting updated from a long time. It is a new gaming laptop.whenever i update my laptop it stops at 96% or 98% and says this every time i also tried to delete the software distribution but i wont work.Can you share some reasons why is this happening...
  10. Why when turn on system it stateswh that cannot update and undoing changes and it stays there?

Why when turn on system it stateswh that cannot update and undoing changes and it stays there?: Turned on my Dell laptop and it states unable to update. Undoing changes and stay there? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-when-turn-on-system-it-stateswh-that-cannot/1f4dc3c7-dfed-467a-b30c-5be1fa396cd9

Users found this page by searching for:

1. laptop keeps undoing update w10