Windows 10: Why do updates install BS bloatware that I don't ask for?

Discus and support Why do updates install BS bloatware that I don't ask for? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; After every update I have to find and delete the superfluous **** you install that slows down my PC.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Anonajillion, Aug 7, 2020.

1. Why do updates install BS bloatware that I don't ask for?

After every update I have to find and delete the superfluous **** you install that slows down my PC.

:)

Anonajillion, Aug 7, 2020
  2. rtwjunkie Win User

geforce experience takes an age to load..

Well that's why I asked. Mine is on SSD and takes 11 seconds. Your list of games will not appear if it has not checkd for updated suggested settings for awhile until it checks.

When it says it is refreshing the game list, it is checking, because NVIDIA periodically updates suggested settings. Plus it will look for those for new games you have installed.

So, the less it is run, the slower it will be.

rtwjunkie, Aug 7, 2020
  3. Would like to express my gratitude Why do updates install BS bloatware that I don't ask for? :)

Yeah it is, that's why I take shots of my wud list so I can remove what I don't want before installing

eidairaman1, Aug 7, 2020
  4. 3Colors Win User

Why do updates install BS bloatware that I don't ask for?

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Why do updates install BS bloatware that I don't ask for? :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Aug 7, 2020
Thema:

Why do updates install BS bloatware that I don't ask for?

1. Why do updates install BS bloatware that I don't ask for? - Similar Threads - Why updates install

2. ... i call BS

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ... i call BS: hello today i would like to say BS to Microsoft and there Dev's. 1st let me say i have minecraft java and minecraft for windows. now for those of you having problems and ms page you know this one says things like Game Release Known Issues for July '22 - Microsoft Community or...
  3. ... i call BS

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    ... i call BS: hello today i would like to say BS to Microsoft and there Dev's. 1st let me say i have minecraft java and minecraft for windows. now for those of you having problems and ms page you know this one says things like Game Release Known Issues for July '22 - Microsoft Community or...
  4. ... i call BS

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. [ask] why i need to update the app i never install?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    [ask] why i need to update the app i never install?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/soemarkoridwan [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/mqhawf/ask_why_i_need_to_update_the_app_i_never_install/
  6. Can't install an Update, Windows asks to uninstall a program I don't have installed

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can't install an Update, Windows asks to uninstall a program I don't have installed: Hello, recently an Update showed up and I quickly tried to install it. But Windows tells me to uninstall VirtualBox, a program I don't have installed on my computer[ATTACH] [ATTACH] How can I proceed with the update? thanks, best regards...
  7. automatic updates I don't ask for or WANT

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    automatic updates I don't ask for or WANT: Not a question. Just figured out thought it a computer malfunctio that the out of focus login screen is an update. AN UPDATE??!! If I wanted a fuzzy out of focus login screen I would pick one! What stupid your curse word decided to add this as an UPDATE?! That is...
  8. why is Microsoft so pretentious... I don't want your BS apps every update.

in Windows 10 Customization
    why is Microsoft so pretentious... I don't want your BS apps every update.: To anyone who works at MS. I don't want your trash apps every update. I don't need them. This is invasive and I'm a little more then just unhappy. Give me a option to not have your unwanted trash and stop forcing me to have it without being able to simply uninstall it. Why...
  9. Why is Microsoft loading BLOATWARE as part of the update

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Why is Microsoft loading BLOATWARE as part of the update: after a feature update from Microsoft last night I have spent several hours REMOVING A GIG of BLOATWARE from my machines to put them back to how I want to run. If I want CANDY CRUSH SODA and all the other games being peddled my Microsoft I will go to the store and download...
  10. Bloatware not automatically installed.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Bloatware not automatically installed.: As far as I know, Windows 10 automatically installs unwanted bloatware silently without permission (ex. Candy Crush). However, i tried to install Windows 10 in a virtual machine with the following steps without itself installing the bloatware. 1. Create a virtual machine...