Windows 10: Why do updates take so long to complete

Discus and support Why do updates take so long to complete in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Catching up with updates on some of my machines today. Gone are the days when windows 7 updates used to sail through with little problems to follow.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Skofab, Aug 18, 2020.

1. Skofab Win User

Why do updates take so long to complete

Catching up with updates on some of my machines today. Gone are the days when windows 7 updates used to sail through with little problems to follow.
    Today, I am waiting for the installing of KB4566782 to complete. after 2 hours it has reached 75% (just gone to 76%). I am intrigued! (just leaped to 90%) Almost there it would seem
    C
    W10 Pro
    2004 (OS BUILD 19041.450)

:)

Skofab, Aug 18, 2020
  2. 3Colors Win User

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Why do updates take so long to complete :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Aug 18, 2020
  3. W1zzard Win User
    Forum upgrade complete

The upgrade to XenForo 2 is now complete.

Please report any issues/requests/ideas in this thread.

TODO:
    • Look into style improvements
      (feel free to suggest ideas)
    • Custom post edit time limit addon
    Fixed:
    • PM sending throwing an error
    • Adjust maximum width
    • Add stats below avatars
    • Logout link missing on TPU main site
    • Forum not sending emails
    • Added posts per day
    • Add news boxes on forumhome
    • Highlight stickies better
    • Add long service badge
    • Add sigpic plugin
    • Look into avatar size for thread view
    • Heatware in BST
    • Sigquote

W1zzard, Aug 18, 2020
  4. Why do updates take so long to complete

Windows 10 "Couldn't complete updates"

Hi,

Thanks for the update and response.

I suggest you to go to Windows services and restart the Windows Update service and check if it helps. Follow the below steps to do so.

Steps:-

• Press Windows Key + R and type “services.msc” (without quotes)
    • Hit Enter.
    • Search for Windows Update service in the list.
    • Right Click on it and stop it.
    • Again right click on it and start it.
    Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Anup Karkal, Aug 18, 2020
Thema:

Why do updates take so long to complete

1. Why do updates take so long to complete - Similar Threads - Why updates long

2. Why is this taking so long

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why is this taking so long: Why is this taking so long the update has been doing this for 2 days https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-is-this-taking-so-long/7fdd86a9-55ec-4c44-8262-d07abb8bcbfe
  3. Why is this taking so long

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is this taking so long: Why is this taking so long the update has been doing this for 2 days https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-is-this-taking-so-long/7fdd86a9-55ec-4c44-8262-d07abb8bcbfe
  4. Why is this taking so long

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Why do windows updates take SO long to install?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why do windows updates take SO long to install?: I ran windows update this morning at 09:30 GMT and it found "Security Intelligence Update for Microsoft Security Antivirus - KB2267602 Version 1.401.10.0 - Current Channel Broad" was available. It then took 30 minuted to install it! This is an inordinately LONG time! Why does...
  6. Why do windows updates take SO long to install?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why do windows updates take SO long to install?: I ran windows update this morning at 09:30 GMT and it found "Security Intelligence Update for Microsoft Security Antivirus - KB2267602 Version 1.401.10.0 - Current Channel Broad" was available. It then took 30 minuted to install it! This is an inordinately LONG time! Why does...
  7. Why do windows updates take SO long to install?

8. Why does windows update take so long?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Why does windows update take so long?: I have a Desktop computer, and on its Hard Drives, I have 3 Operating Sytems, 2 of them are Linux-based and Windows 10 is the third. Today I was on Windows to do a ZOOM meeting, and because Windows is not my daily OS, I went to shut windows and it said it had an update. so I...
  9. Update taking so long

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Update taking so long: I started the whole process like an hour ago and it’s at 18%. I need to get my school work done for today and i would really appreciate info of why it’s taking so long and if there’s anyway to make it faster. Thanks in advance. submitted by /u/iLovePotatoes__ [link]...
  10. Why does it take so long to update?

Why does it take so long to update?: I started a Windows update yesterday around 10:00 am Sunday. Let it run till this morning at 7:00 am and it said 3% last night when I went to bed and again 3% when I turned my laptop off. Why so long to update? I could see an hour or so but not close to 24 hours. Is...